What you will do the day you get a full head of hair?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to hear that, that sounds bad.
It never happened to me, i've never seen that happening to anyone.
YEs, there were people that mocked me, but never about my hair...strange isn't it?
Maybe it's something else at you that drives attention?
When i pass along a group of strangers, they don't even notice me...why would they be so interested in a passer who has hairloss? Hairloss is something very common, it's not like you are walking on the street dressed like a clown.

You don't need to be openly humiliated to know you're being rejected.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're socially rejected it's due to your personality, not the status of your follicles.

I wish I was this delusional about baldness... ignorance is bliss.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that, that sounds bad.
It never happened to me, i've never seen that happening to anyone.
YEs, there were people that mocked me, but never about my hair...strange isn't it?
Maybe it's something else at you that drives attention?
When i pass along a group of strangers, they don't even notice me...why would they be so interested in a passer who has hairloss? Hairloss is something very common, it's not like you are walking on the street dressed like a clown.

I had people shout abuse out of a car at me about my hairloss when I was 17 just walking down the street, hope they're all NW7s by now :jackit:

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
:agree:
How true...this should be put into a "sticky" on this area...
Well, a guy here just gave me a negative reputation for this...
I guess he's just proving it...He is not prepared to face the truth or it bothers him.
Frustrations?
If guys like you behave like this also in reality, is it a surprise that some people reject you?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If guys like you behave like this also in reality, is it a surprise that some people reject you?

No, when I'm out in public I stand up straight, hold my head up high and keep my wits about me. It's just that baldness makes me an easy target for those who aren't above ridiculing or just treating me sub par because of my baldness and how it effects my appearance. As far as I'm concerned I am a victim of a society that is prejudice against bald people. Is that really so hard to see? Everyday I have to grin and bear it while people dump on me. People have the nerve to wonder why alot of bald guys have bad attitudes? It's because we are mistreated 24/7 and expected to just take it. If any of you nw2s want a taste of truth then spend a day in my shoes. It will make you loose faith in humanity real fast.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
No, when I'm out in public I stand up straight, hold my head up high and keep my wits about me. It's just that baldness makes me an easy target for those who aren't above ridiculing or just treating me sub par because of my baldness and how it effects my appearance. As far as I'm concerned I am a victim of a society that is prejudice against bald people. Is that really so hard to see? Everyday I have to grin and bear it while people dump on me. People have the nerve to wonder why alot of bald guys have bad attitudes? It's because we are mistreated 24/7 and expected to just take it. If any of you nw2s want a taste of truth then spend a day in my shoes. It will make you loose faith in humanity real fast.

You are right, but whan can we do...this is society

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
NW2 and below shouldn´t be allowed on a forum called 'The impact of hair loss'... They barely lost hair, how can they argue about the impact of it? It's like me going on a forum of people who lost their two legs and telling them that losing body limbs is not a big deal, and share with them my story of how I broke my nail yesterday and with confidence and personality I was still able to get through the week with no issues.

Now, of course losing limbs can't compare to losing hair, but you get the idea. You can't be lecturing others about a problem that you don't have.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Most social interactions aren't long enough to determines one's personality. You pass a group of people on the street, they say something disparaging about your hair condition and laugh at you as they pass. No room or time for conversation, just people judging you based on the way you look.

Why would I ever want to be friends with such people in the first place? If anything you just pointed out a silver lining of male pattern baldness.

and? I don't even disagree with most of what you've said, which is surprising. I'm just confused as to why you care. That's the world UM, that's life, and if your biggest hurdle is the occasional snark about your follicles you've led one significantly charmed life.

NW2 and below shouldn´t be allowed on a forum called 'The impact of hair loss'...They barely lost hair, how can they argue about the impact of it? It's like me going on a forum of people who lost their two legs and telling them that losing body limbs is not a big deal, and share with them my story of how I broke my nail yesterday and with confidence and personality I was still able to get through the week with no issues.

The 'impact of hairloss' is perception based, so it includes everyone.

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
The 'impact of hairloss' is perception based, so it includes everyone.

Not really. Below the title it reads: 'Discuss how hair loss has affected your relationships, career, emotions, and social life.'

So not everyone, it's about people that were affected by hair loss.

People with hair or those not affected should just read, learn, and respect those who actually struggle with this every day.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Below the title it reads: 'Discuss how hair loss has affected your relationships, career, emotions, and social life.'

So not everyone, it's about people that were affected by hair loss.

People with hair or those not affected should just read, learn, and respect those who actually struggle with this every day.

They won't. Don't have that much faith in society.

resu

Reaction score
You guys are free to share your positive experience as well if you don't like to see all the negativity in this section.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are free to share your positive experience as well if you don't like to see all the negativity in this section.

What for? To be insulted and given negative rep?(not that anyone should care about that crap).
Don't you get it? They feel miserable, you MUST feel miserable too...
don't you see, they analyze and over-analyze each crap, they find 1 dumb person who thinks smth about bald people, and...voila, it's the end of the world because of it!
Why should we care about what some stupid people think about us?
And give me a break with Hollyowood and ****, like Hollyowoond movies dictates public opinions, it's exaggerated.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score

I can't say I understand how you feel, I can only guess. But I will tell you this much, society is becoming more and more ****ty/superficial. You should listen to the garbage that spews out of children's mouths these days. It seems to me that back in the 60s if you were a good looking man, you would get complimented. Nowadays people just point out people who aren't attractive to make themselves feel better. I can't say for sure because I wasn't alive just going off my parents, books, popular culture, etc...

"It's all about ME, I WANT TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF" -- The Millennial Generation
(Read: Selfie-spamming, hash-tagging, twit-twatting wastes of space)

resu

Reaction score
What for? To be insulted and given negative rep?(not that anyone should care about that crap).
don't you see, they analyze and over-analyze each crap, they find 1 dumb person who thinks smth about bald people, and...voila, it's the end of the world because of it!
And give me a break with Hollyowood and ****, like Hollyowoond movies dictates public opinions, it's exaggerated.

To show how it's not all bad and that there's hope for the the young bald men out there reading the forums.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Then don't fvcking make comparisons to celebrities and say being bald isn't so bad!!!!!

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Then don't fvcking make comparisons to celebrities and say being bald isn't so bad!!!!!

I don't say it isn't bad, at least in the beginning. But at some point one must try to "come to terms" with being bald.
Endless moaning and endless searching for evidence that bald men are bad-viewed by the society(like with the movies) only "keeps the wound open"...

Anyway, those who ridicule baldness are either extremly stupid(because they can't learn that baldness is genetic), either extremely scumbags who only want to feel better by humiliating others... And they can humiliate you on much more, if they want.
So they don't even deserved to be heard.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't say it isn't bad, at least in the beginning. But at some point one must try to "come to terms" with being bald.
Endless moaning and endless searching for evidence that bald men are bad-viewed by the society(like with the movies) only "keeps the wound open"...

Endless searching? It's RIGHT THERE BEING THROWN IN OUR FACE!

You think WE are to blame for the prejudice? Dafuq is wrong with you?

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Endless searching? It's RIGHT THERE BEING THROWN IN OUR FACE!

You think WE are to blame for the prejudice? Dafuq is wrong with you?

First of all, i don't get why you need to be verbally agressive?
Can't you be calm? I am very calm when i write.
Where did i say we are to blame? We are not to blame for anything.
Yes, "there's something wrong with me", i don't feel as miserable as you about my hairloss, and it seems that it pisses you very much, you only give constant support for that.
So: i don;t feel bad about my hairloss, i don't give a sh*t on what some scumbags on the street would think/say about my hair,
i don't give a damn about what roles they cast bald people in movies for,
i don't care if not all females would love me because i lack hair.
Should i continue or is it clear?
why does this bother you so much?
there are plenty of bald people who just live normal lives.
they are not so vain to want to look as a hollywood actor/model, etc.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, i don't get why you need to be verbally agressive?
Can't you be calm? I am very calm when i write.
Where did i say we are to blame? We are not to blame for anything.
Yes, "there's something wrong with me", i don't feel as miserable as you about my hairloss, and it seems that it pisses you very much, you only give constant support for that.
So: i don;t feel bad about my hairloss, i don't give a sh*t on what some scumbags on the street would think/say about my hair,
i don't give a damn about what roles they cast bald people in movies for,
i don't care if not all females would love me because i lack hair.
Should i continue or is it clear?
why does this bother you so much?

Because you deny the realities outside of your own experience. THATS the problem; you're delusional.