What you will do the day you get a full head of hair?

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
It's funny how we never see positive stories about baldness, most of the time it's just guys who've accepted that they were beaten and tried to make the most of what they had.

But there are never truly positive stories about acceptance, about how a man overcame his hair loss that started in his teens,

About how he made money, seduced beautiful women, was never harassed because of his hair loss because he remained charismatic despite his early hair loss.

Nope, those stories are nowhere to be found on this forum.

Those stories can be found as theories of NW1.5 guys. Or on threads containing the Vin Diesel and Statham pictures as what seems to be irrefutable proof that baldness is sexy for everyone.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Vist Fred's baldwatch site to see just how much pleasure people take in hating on folks with hair loss. The blind prejudice is overwhelming. Then come back and tell me my "zealotry" is misplaced. Good day to you sir.

A website? There's a website for everything, including UFO's and White Rights, 911 truth movement etc. I've never stated people wouldn't make fun of you for hairloss, of course they will/would. People will make fun of anything. Your problem is that you care, you care so much you stretch your beliefs to attain some higher level of importance than that which they deserve. Your opinions aren't fantasies, at least not all of them, but they are disproportionate to reality. Lets not forget UM, I've been here as long as you (albeit only intermittently active) and I remember your posts about walking through the halls of what.. University? You felt as if people were persecuting you, as if everyone was pointing and laughing at you for your hairloss, and maybe 'someone' was, but not to the extent in which you described the situation. Which is exactly what most everyone told you, although I don't see many of those people around here anymore, but you yourself are still here, in the exact same place you were back then.

Like it was said before, and I think I'm gonna set this as my signature soon, if baldness is enjoyable to you please share your positive experiences and how baldness has improved your life.
Where in any of my posts have I said "baldness is enjoyable"? I've certainly never said that. If given the choice I think it pretty universal that the majority of bald/balding men would prefer to have hair. The difference is that most people deal with hairloss in a proportionate manner, it is an aesthetic issue, it is not the end of the world, and only the end of your social life if you choose to hide away in your room. Some women care, some women don't. All women care if you're a sniveling insecure scurrying creature who walks around as if you've just been lashed. Hairloss almost certainly does not improve one's life, however it doesn't necessarily detract from it either.

If you want proof so badly try living your life, if you want to be coddled stay inside this echo chamber and pretend as if that's doing something positive for you. Put your life on hold waiting for a cure that's been '5 years' away for about 35 years. Life is an extremely finite resource, spend it how you will.

It's funny how we never see positive stories about baldness, most of the time it's just guys who've accepted that they were beaten and tried to make the most of what they had.

But there are never truly positive stories about acceptance, about how a man overcame his hair loss that started in his teens,

About how he made money, seduced beautiful women, was never harassed because of his hair loss because he remained charismatic despite his early hair loss.

Nope, those stories are nowhere to be found on this forum.

I'm quite sure there are positive stories, albeit this place is considerably more negative than it used to be. But I think there's a flaw in your logic. hairlosstalk is of course going to attract a disproportionate number of people who are negatively impacted by hairloss, just as propeciahelp is going to attract a disproportionate number of people who experienced significant side effects on propecia. However it's a mistake to assume that this website somehow speaks for the majority of people with male pattern baldness. Of course bald/balding men seduce women, of course men with male pattern baldness remain charismatic. The opposite is also true.
Of course there are many more permutations, there are men with full heads of hair who couldn't seduce a woman to save their lives. I mean, ever heard of Elliot Rodgers? Man, that dude had great hair though. In fact go to any of the websites related to pick up artistry and see a legion of insecure guys, many who have great heads of hair who can't get laid. Instead of blaming their hair as the cause of their failure they obsess over facial structure, musculature, symmetry etc. The common thread is mentality, not follicle density.

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
A website? There's a website for everything, including UFO's and White Rights, 911 truth movement etc. I've never stated people wouldn't make fun of you for hairloss, of course they will/would. People will make fun of anything. Your problem is that you care, you care so much you stretch your beliefs to attain some higher level of importance than that which they deserve. Your opinions aren't fantasies, at least not all of them, but they are disproportionate to reality. Lets not forget UM, I've been here as long as you (albeit only intermittently active) and I remember your posts about walking through the halls of what.. University? You felt as if people were persecuting you, as if everyone was pointing and laughing at you for your hairloss, and maybe 'someone' was, but not to the extent in which you described the situation. Which is exactly what most everyone told you, although I don't see many of those people around here anymore, but you yourself are still here, in the exact same place you were back then.

Where in any of my posts have I said "baldness is enjoyable"? I've certainly never said that. If given the choice I think it pretty universal that the majority of bald/balding men would prefer to have hair. The difference is that most people deal with hairloss in a proportionate manner, it is an aesthetic issue, it is not the end of the world, and only the end of your social life if you choose to hide away in your room. Some women care, some women don't. All women care if you're a sniveling insecure scurrying creature who walks around as if you've just been lashed. Hairloss almost certainly does not improve one's life, however it doesn't necessarily detract from it either.

If you want proof so badly try living your life, if you want to be coddled stay inside this echo chamber and pretend as if that's doing something positive for you. Put your life on hold waiting for a cure that's been '5 years' away for about 35 years. Life is an extremely finite resource, spend it how you will.

I'm quite sure there are positive stories, albeit this place is considerably more negative than it used to be. But I think there's a flaw in your logic. hairlosstalk is of course going to attract a disproportionate number of people who are negatively impacted by hairloss, just as propeciahelp is going to attract a disproportionate number of people who experienced significant side effects on propecia. However it's a mistake to assume that this website somehow speaks for the majority of people with male pattern baldness. Of course bald/balding men seduce women, of course men with male pattern baldness remain charismatic. The opposite is also true.
Of course there are many more permutations, there are men with full heads of hair who couldn't seduce a woman to save their lives. I mean, ever heard of Elliot Rodgers? Man, that dude had great hair though. In fact go to any of the websites related to pick up artistry and see a legion of insecure guys, many who have great heads of hair who can't get laid. Instead of blaming their hair as the cause of their failure they obsess over facial structure, musculature, symmetry etc. The common thread is mentality, not follicle density.

That just sounds like a theory, doesn't it? Don't you have your own positive stories to share? If you are NW5 and in your 20s please enlighten us with your active dating life, the girls that like you and how you had to reject one over the other, how your ex-gf wants you back but you can't because you are dating this girl, although you are not quite sure about this last girl, and a friend of work is flirting with you, but then this other girl also seems interested... That's a normal dating life. At least that's what I can still remember.

Do you have a life like the described above? I mean, a normal life for a male with certain attractiveness? Or do you just have theories about some women not caring? Or do you happen to have a date every now and then with a girl who is making a big compromise (and you too because you really don't like her but have no other option?).

Please, if you have a normal life I will be seriously happy to read about it, and will serve as hope to everyone else. And as proof too. Don't forget to include Norwood status and age in your report.

Muzzle

Reaction score
It is very interesting that scientists cant find a cure for baldness, as humans we can send robots to another planet like Mars and get images from the surface of Mars but we cant keep few hairs on our head.

No cure for cancer, no cure for baldness, no cure for Aids etc, and when you ask why the answer is always the same "Because it is very difficult to understand human body"

Merck obtained the FDA approval in 1997 and Propecia became our best gun against baldness. In 1997 i was 9 years old and playing GTA 1, now im 26 years old (NW3) playing GTA 5 and people are still using propecia against baldness.

No hair cloning, no new drugs etc.

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
It is very interesting that scientists cant find a cure for baldness, as humans we can send robots to another planet like Mars and get images from the surface of Mars but we cant keep few hairs on our head.

No cure for cancer, no cure for baldness, no cure for Aids etc, and when you ask why the answer is always the same "Because it is very difficult to understand human body"

Merck obtained the FDA approval in 1997 and Propecia became our best gun against baldness. In 1997 i was 9 years old and playing GTA 1, now im 26 years old (NW3) playing GTA 5 and people are still using propecia against baldness.

Nothing has changed... No hair cloning, no new drugs, people still using propecia and people still playing GTA :p

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
please enlighten us with your active dating life, the girls that like you and how you had to reject one over the other, how your ex-gf wants you back but you can't because you are dating this girl, although you are not quite sure about this last girl, and a friend of work is flirting with you, but then this other girl also seems interested... That's a normal dating life.
Just wanted to say LOL, that's not a normal dating life at all, maybe for someone who looks like Brad Pitt but not for most guys that's for sure ^^"
If this really was your dating life before, you were a very lucky guy.

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score

Love the GTA reference. I have no faith in the pathetic research companies so I know I'll be playing GTA 10 as a NW6. And guess what? People will still be using propecia against baldness. I guess by that time we'll be able to freely customize the online character appearance, so I'll have to make mine bald with a weird head shape and look forward to the torrent of online abuse and prejudice as well as in real life.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Whatever your position is, imagine yourself getting a full head of hair , at any time duration from now, from whatever future hypothetical treatment.

Once your hair is back, what will you do differently? How your life would be? Have you guys thought about it?

I will burn all my hats, buy some more and burn them too!

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do so many guys resort to wearing hats when they start thinning? I always thought that would make it more noticeable and it's gotta come off sometime right? I couldn't handle the look on the persons face (the shock) when they saw I had no hair under the hat once I took it off. I just went on to shaving it for a while.

Guys with hair loss shouldn't try to conceal it by wearing a hat. That way you meet people that won't judge you cause the ones that would will see you from a mile away. You can't avoid the inevitable. Just go with it.

Well, I can tell you why I wear hats. I don't shave my head so my hair can be real unmanageable at times. Putting a hat on is just quick and easy. Also, I like to go for walks by myself, and I find I can navigate around people (girls) better by wearing a hat. I don't always wear a hat though. People do tend to reduce me immediately to my hair loss however upon removing it. I was previously known for my good hair, so it is a bit of a shock to people. I have had to learn some serious mental gymnastics to keep this **** from making me lose it completely.

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
That's cool. I only realised how ignorant my post was after I posted it and you replied without violence, thanks. I guess I started shaving from early onset of hair loss, so I don't know what it's like to have unmanageable hair. I won't jump to conclusions next time.

I'm glad you have enough hair to keep it long :)

Dude, you really need to get out of the house. It's not healthy sitting behind the computer all day and racking up your comments posts on hairlosstalk.... all day.

Nope_vs_Nope

Reaction score
I would probably finally be able to go on dates again. Oh, and I wouldn't have to buzz down my head every three days just so I can look decent in public. So yay! for an easier life.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score