What Exactly Do We Know About The Dutasteride Hairline Killing Phenomenon

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
How would I go about reversing this and how do I know if its happening to me, bridge?
its hard to know if thats the cause. until you try. but i think maybe theres something to it because a few things which break up the skin a bit seem to have some evidence of benefit. This may be why some people are good responders or not, since every human trait has variations within individuals.

an old man fell into his fireplace and burned his scalp and regrew hair, dermaneedling, hrt, corticosteriods.
these all cause changes of the skin.

I believe androgens can cause hairloss in 3 ways.
1. telogen effluvian. they put hair into early catagen/telogen. so like opposite of something like minoxidil.
2. change in gene expression.
3. fibrosis

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
its hard to know if thats the cause. until you try. but i think maybe theres something to it because a few things which break up the skin a bit seem to have some evidence of benefit. This may be why some people are good responders or not, since every human trait has variations within individuals.

an old man fell into his fireplace and burned his scalp and regrew hair, dermaneedling, hrt, corticosteriods.
these all cause changes of the skin.

I believe androgens can cause hairloss in 3 ways.
1. telogen effluvian. they put hair into early catagen/telogen. so like opposite of something like minoxidil.
2. change in gene expression.
3. fibrosis
Can I dermaroll with toppik in?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
When do you think I could apply my concealer after rolling?
I would wait at least one hour if you can. Just dermaroll at night before bed.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would wait at least one hour if you can. Just dermaroll at night before bed.
I shower in the mornings so I would still have concealer on, but I could try rubbing some off with a makeup wipe.

nachos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with the anecdotal threads is that they are anecdotal and are not statistically relevant. We cannot really take that Duasteride makes hair worse seriously unless there is a study showing this.

Duasteride inhibits 5AR2 more completely than Finasteride and also inhibits 5AR1. 5AR1 has been shown to be in the scalp but is not relevant in the balding process--drugs blocking this alone are useless. So Duasteride is essentially nuking this other important enzyme for no reason if you are using this drug for hair loss. It may be blocking all 3 forms of 5AR causes the body to freak out a bit, while blocking most of 5AR2 and some of 5AR3 (like Finasteride), allows the body to rely on other mechanisms (such as 5AR1) to maintain sufficient byproducts of this enzyme.
Wrong. If there’s enough anecdotal information, there’s likely something to it. It’s ignorant and foolish to ignore even anecdotal information when there’s a lot of it. Hell, from what I see, the majority, myself included, have noticed incredibly sped up hair loss from these drugs. Don’t be a fool

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong. If there’s enough anecdotal information, there’s likely something to it. It’s ignorant and foolish to ignore even anecdotal information when there’s a lot of it. Hell, from what I see, the majority, myself included, have noticed incredibly sped up hair loss from these drugs. Don’t be a fool
I have yet to see ANY anectodal information PROVED WITH PICTURES AND TIMELINE

nachos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have yet to see ANY anectodal information PROVED WITH PICTURES AND TIMELINE
Then you’re choosing to remain ignorant. It happened to me, and it’s happening to others too. Just because you haven’t got “YoUr PrOoF”, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. You’re the issue with people on this forum today. Anecdotes regarding this phenomenon are spread left and right on here, on Reddit, perhaps far more than successes, and you just plug your ears and scream, “noooooo you’re all lying for whatever reason!!” as if it’s some great big conspiracy, like a pessimistic idiot.

At some point, if enough anecdotes exist, there’s very likely something to it. The fact that you’re closing your ears like a five year old shows me you’re choosing to remain blind, you’re choosing to hear what you want to hear.

don’t be a f*****g idiot.

Last edited:

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you’re choosing to remain ignorant. It happened to me, and it’s happening to others too. Just because you haven’t got “YoUr PrOoF”, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. You’re the issue with people on this forum today. Anecdotes regarding this phenomenon are spread left and right on here, on Reddit, perhaps far more than successes, and you just plug your ears and scream, “noooooo you’re all lying for whatever reason!!” as if it’s some great big conspiracy, like a pessimistic idiot.

At some point, if enough anecdotes exist, there’s very likely something to it. The fact that you’re closing your ears like a five year old shows me you’re choosing to remain blind, you’re choosing to hear what you want to hear.

don’t be a f*****g idiot.
Im not saying you are lying, I would just like to see at least 1(one) case online posted in the last 5 years that proves it. Anecdotes are good for
meds that havent been properly medically studied.