T

TravisB

Here are his recent photos:

young_and_rooney_celebrate.ashx

wayne_rooney_siwy_500.jpeg

wayne_rooney_siwy_mid.jpeg

s.a.f

Reaction score
Still early days that hair has alot of maturing to do and theres probably plenty more still to sprout. It definatley makes him look a lot younger.

T

TravisB

Wow, you say that this isn't the ultimate effect of his transplant? He's going to have full head of hair then, as if he never had any hairloss. It is believed that he's paid 30000 pounds for it, so that is veeery expensive transplant. I'm surprised he didn't fill his temples more and make NW1 hairline. Maybe he ran out of donor hair because they gave him a lot of density on top.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gotta say so far its a great result ...in games you can sometimes see the difference in density between where he's had the work done and his non-balding hair but I think part of that is cos we have the knowledge of the hair transplant and scrutinize it even more. To all intents and purposes he has a full head of hair again and he should be ecstatic.

T

TravisB

Yeah, I think he's very happy with it and it's a whole new level of life to him. Well, I would be happy too :D

Nene

Reaction score
Manutd4545 said:
Im pretty sure I can see some concealer on his temples. Either that or I need to get my eyes checked. If you look closely enough it looks like dermatch.

Yes, I immediately thought it was dermatch also. Still a good improvement though.

cuebald

Reaction score
Maybe they intentionally went light on grafts to keep him some donor. He wasn't done with male pattern baldness yet was he, he was only really NW3.5.

Check out this by the BBC on getting hair transplants too young (referencing rooney)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/14747894

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i guess in those pics he is using some concelear...take a a better look at the hairline...I am using concelear since 1 year or so and I guess I have a trained eye...I had the same style like this rooney for about 3-4 months last winter...of course full of nanogen...but it looked really good.

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Manutd4545 said:
Mate how quickly do you think concealer can be used after an FUE? Can you apply something like dermatch say a week after a frontal hairline FUE to mask the redness and bruising? Or even Toppik?

I will be undergoing a 3000 graft FUE in October and my doctor has told me I should wait about 10-14 days depending upon the healing of the grafts. 14 is the best number of days to wait since you can resume normal hair washing at this time. I think a week would be too soon. I would however like to hear the views of guys on here who have had an hair transplant.

When I go through with mine I will let you know!

Where you having it done?

s.a.f

Reaction score
All I can say is you should'nt want to put concealer on after 1 week not because of wether or not it will harm the grafts but because at 1 week you should still be laying low not going out in public where you'd need to be using them. At 1 week your head will still be red and scabby and no amount of toppik is going to disguise that. I'd recommend an absolute minimum of 2 weeks before trying to return to normal life.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
man thats depressing NHS needs to make hair transplant free

Gotta admit in those pics wayne looks like hes well 26 again.... and so much younger looking and more healthy.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Jiggz said:
GeminiX said:
SAF and I may appear to argue a lot, but our views are really very close, we just differ on our opinions regarding Dr. Rogers and Dr. Farjo and their skill level.

When you speak of DR. Rogers do you mean Dr. Rogers at the Westminster Clinic?

Yes I do :)

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Wow, you say that this isn't the ultimate effect of his transplant? He's going to have full head of hair then, as if he never had any hairloss. It is believed that he's paid 30000 pounds for it, so that is veeery expensive transplant. I'm surprised he didn't fill his temples more and make NW1 hairline. Maybe he ran out of donor hair because they gave him a lot of density on top.

He apparently only paid £6k for his hair transplant. That's haribo money to him and it's made a massive improvement, even to his playing. He was lucky enough to have almost immediate growth- some patients don't even really have to wait to see growth whilst others won't get the full results for a year or so.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I hate to make one of those "insider knowledge" posts, but let's just say that we all need to remember to not believe everything we read in the press/post etc.

Did anyone see the story that ran on me a couple of weeks ago? The fact checking by the writer was little more than a couple of phone calls to my agent combined with a large amount of "creative interpretation" of my Facebook and Twitter feeds :)

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks to me as though he wearing some topic. Does no one else see that? It appears as though he is wearing some medium brown topik. What do you guys think?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
blueshard said:
It looks to me as though he wearing some topic. Does no one else see that? It appears as though he is wearing some medium brown topik. What do you guys think?
Doesn't look like concealer to me to be honest. But who knows, toppik is undetectable when used right...

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Look at this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xddAKaJ8WMM at 0:46. His hair is looking good.

He looks good, looks so much younger and fresher....

Darn hair transplant, seems you need to be full of money or to rob a bank just to enjoy looking good and young !

Such a shame hair transplant is looking the only option that seems to work properly, although may have to bookmark the wigs section and keep checking there since its alot cheaper lol

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Impresive results for Rooney.. really good.

I'm new to this, but the clinic he had the surgery; is that one of the best in the world? if not, why would a rich guy like Rooney not pay the money to get the best? either way, he have a good result now, so good choice for him.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was guaranteed Rooney-like results and I'd know where my hairloss will stop, I'd do it in a heartbeat.