Wayne Rooney’s bald cure

slacker86

Reaction score
I think he's handled all this pretty damn well. Wish him loads of luck and a great result. A lot of positive comments from fans too which is really awesome.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Esprit said:
Nashville Hairline said:
He tweeted a pic of his result
http://yfrog.com/gznpmbtj

It may just be me, but that looks pretty much like the same hairline he already had and is just filling in? Thought it would have been more forward? But what do I know

Old hairline
10-rooneyhair01.jpg

waynerooneyAP_650x485.jpg

rooney.jpg

New hairline
scaled.php

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeh, so a temple fill in. He's got quite a high forehead anyway, I just thought it was still like a receding postion? Is his crown still in tact?

nw_2

Reaction score
Esprit said:
Nashville Hairline said:
He tweeted a pic of his result
http://yfrog.com/gznpmbtj

It may just be me, but that looks pretty much like the same hairline he already had and is just filling in? Thought it would have been more forward? But what do I know
When was the last time you saw him play, 7 years ago ? I think you need a pair of glasses. :innocent: ;)

Check the pictures above. Not sure about his crown though. It looks good now but that's always the case right after a transplant. He will probably need another one in the future, crown almost for sure. That's a black hole.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I hope he realises that the little scabs give the illusion of far more density initially.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I imagine that he'll just grow it out like he did before the hairloss was really noticable. More coverage is good coverage, I'm sure :)

GeminiX

Reaction score
It certainly looks like he's had a decent job based on that picture, though it's too blurred to say for sure. As long as those little grafts take well he should be very happy with the outcome.

The UK certainly needs a few more well publicised success stories.

antonio666

Reaction score
This is good news for anyone wanting to have a transplant it shows that people of all types want their hair back not just movie stars

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
Sensible move Rooney going with a 'conservative' hairline. Too low and he would have run the risk of it becoming isolated when/if the hair behind the hair transplant grafts starts to thin. I think his crown is going too. It'll be hard to cover it all up with grafts, especially if he ends up a Norwood VI. The job looks good but plenty of hair transplants look good at this stage. The acid test is when the implanted grafts shed in 2-3 weeks' time. How many will grow back?

jimjams

Reaction score
Yep I agree, the guy has been open and honest and like you say hopefully it means these jobs won't continue to have such a stigma about them!

I have read he paid 30k, I did not realise they were so expensive to be honest. Do you think that is because of the amount of work he had to have done? Also, looking at the back of his head it appears he has no scarring, I know it was FUE but what a neat job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Says rumoured 12k in this article :

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/new ... sults.html

Id imagine that job looks awesome and must have cost 30k, hes gonna be alot more in the spot light even more so over the next year or 2.....

But props for him doing so...

Whats gonna be even more worser is say in 5 years time or 10 years time when it all goes south the pictures are gonna look even more brighter in the Sun paper;)

PS: Had laser surger myself for 2k back last september with optimix in there finchley clinic, I still have slight double vision with leds on vcrs/led clocks/timers/tv on and off buttons and during very low light and dark places/rooms.

Laser surgery was a big risk and I took it, Im 20/20 anyhow so cant complain... the bads are your not gonna be quite 20/20 during night time/dark places its hard to describe... you are 20/20 but your not quite ! Your eyes get way more tired since there working alot harder then with glasses on... Im still using eye drops every now and then also but alot less.

Overall the fact your not wearing spectacles and can enjoy the freedom on your face is a big difference...

Im hoping with my continued diet and eye excercises of looking back and forth (which I do naturally in my line or work) should hopefully continue to improve my eye sight or at least keep it up.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, so there are no Euro qualifiers until September, and the Premier League begins until August (don't really know if Man U is going to have a pre-season tour).

Are his grafts saved? I guess is better to keep balls away from your scalp until everything heals

s.a.f

Reaction score
slacker86 said:
I think he's handled all this pretty damn well. Wish him loads of luck and a great result. A lot of positive comments from fans too which is really awesome.

Where was that on WayneRooneyfans.com?
He's been totally slated everywhere else on the internet. Everyone at work today was talking about it and they definatley were'nt being complimentary (I just kept silent) :whistle: I opened todays paper to a feature called 'How vain does a man have to be to get a hairtransplant'?
Having said that this is probably the most high profile hair transplant in history and it does look like a good job in that pic. But by the looks of his pattern he's headed for NW6. I get the feeling he'll need another op in a few years time.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Sky News were running a segment yesterday that was really positive. All the panellists agreed that it's great for him if that's what he wants.

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
The one thing that seems to be getting slightly overlooked is that this so far looks like a very good result from an "English" clinic, it might just be wishful thinking on my part but does this mean that decent UK hair transplant surgeons do actually exist?

The thought of having one in my country gives me piece of mind if i ever wanted to look into it in the future, but im also aware Rooneys work could end up looking like s**t in the next few months or so, but so far so good by the looks of things

GeminiX

Reaction score
Browny said:
The one thing that seems to be getting slightly overlooked is that this so far looks like a very good result from an "English" clinic, it might just be wishful thinking on my part but does this mean that decent UK hair transplant surgeons do actually exist?

The thought of having one in my country gives me piece of mind if i ever wanted to look into it in the future, but im also aware Rooneys work could end up looking like s**t in the next few months or so, but so far so good by the looks of things

You should read my posts.

In my experience we have one or two of the best surgeons in the world here in the UK. It's a complete myth that we don't :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
You should read my posts.

In my experience we have one or two of the best surgeons in the world here in the UK. It's a complete myth that we don't :)

How come they're not known then? Results speak for themselves the reason the (few) big names in the U.S and Canada (and 1 or 2 other places) are so popular is because they have consistantly produced top class results year in year out and there are literally 1000's of satisfied customers showcasing their hair transplant's on forums like this one. And unhappy customers are pretty much non existent.
And thats why you get 1000's of patients (the ones who've done their research) flying abroad for hair transplant's. It does'nt happen the opposite way around.
The UK clinics are not in this position. Not all are terrible (but plenty are) Some can show a couple of good results but stories of unhappy clients are common. IMO its a case of going with someone good or going with the very best.

Rooneys hair transplant looks good so far, but it'll take alot more than that before I recommend whichever clinic it is he used. Until I start to see cosistant results (not just good but to the same standard as the top 5 or 6 worldwide) I'll keep recommending that UK patients travel abroad. So far there are no UK surgeons who have a worldwide reputation for excellence.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Well let's be honest, UK surgeons will never get a good rep on forums like this because so many people keep their opinions stuck in the past and keep on regurgitating the same old lies from the same old shills.

They aren't well known because of the stigma of getting a procedure, and Brit's are famously reserved. Also, whenever someone dares post that they had a good result they get attacked for their opinions and hounded from the board, it even happens to me (as can be seen repeatedly on this very forum).

It's a typical case of people with little to no up-to-date experience believing they are some kind of world authority and spouting nonsense.

Besides, I think my two procedures with a UK surgeon regularly dismissed by "experts" speak for themselves. Dr. Rogers created a hairline where I *never* had hair before, even prior to losing my hair; something the so called "best" clinics said was not possible.

s.a.f

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Well let's be honest, UK surgeons will never get a good rep on forums like this because so many people keep their opinions stuck in the past and keep on regurgitating the same old lies from the same old shills.

All it needs is proof 1 or 2 people shouting that the UK is great cannot counter all the complaints and the 1000's of examples being posted on forums across the world.

GeminiX said:
They aren't well known because of the stigma of getting a procedure, and Brit's are famously reserved. Also, whenever someone dares post that they had a good result they get attacked for their opinions and hounded from the board, it even happens to me (as can be seen repeatedly on this very forum).

It's a typical case of people with little to no up-to-date experience believing they are some kind of world authority and spouting nonsense.

Theres hair transplant stigma everywhere, and its a myth that brits are reserved, we're not a tea drinking bowler hat wearing stiff upper lip race anymore. No one gets attacked for posting a good report they get attacked for bigging up 1 particular clinic to ridiculous levels. Say you got a good result and your happy with it - thats fine, but claim that from your result alone is proof of a world class surgeon on a par with the famous names is not enough evidence.

If I have an agenda what is it? I dont name any foriegn clinics. My only agenda is to advise people where they stand the highest possible chance of getting the best result. And when the day comes that I see UK clinics right up there with the best in the world I'll happily recommend them.
I've never claimed that all UK clinics are bad but the fact is the majority of them are not world class.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I'm not saying *ALL* UK clinics are "world class" at all, I never have, ever. Besides, the "world class" idea has a rapidly diminishing meaning as more and more clinics worldwide improve their standards.

It's also somewhat disingenuous to say there are 1000's of complaints, I'm only talking about two clinics here who are proven. Considering Dr. Rogers has performed a total of around 4,500 procedures it's very unlikely that you can find 1,000's of complaints about him (I can only find a handful, and I'm pretty sure all of them were proven to be shills or simply faded away as soon as they were approached by Dr. Rogers directly to back up their lies).

Further, I don't claim *you* (SAF) have an agenda, I completely understand your position considering your experience, however I feel your opinions are based on relatively ancient history and hearsay. Mine are based on 1st hand recent experience and the outcomes of a number of people I *actually* know.

edit - though I'm pretty sure you said years ago that if I ended up with good results you would change your opinion ;)