Wayne Rooney’s bald cure

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nw_2 said:
Esprit said:
Nashville Hairline":g8jfzwgk]He tweeted a pic of his result [url="http://yfrog.com/gznpmbtj said:
http://yfrog.com/gznpmbtj[/url]

It may just be me, but that looks pretty much like the same hairline he already had and is just filling in? Thought it would have been more forward? But what do I know

When was the last time you saw him play, 7 years ago ? I think you need a pair of glasses. :innocent: ;)

Check the pictures above. Not sure about his crown though. It looks good now but that's always the case right after a transplant. He will probably need another one in the future, crown almost for sure. That's a black hole.[/quote:g8jfzwgk]

The back of the head wasn't that visible, just his forehead getting higher and higher....

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
I'm not saying *ALL* UK clinics are "world class" at all, I never have, ever. Besides, the "world class" idea has a rapidly diminishing meaning as more and more clinics worldwide improve their standards.

It's also somewhat disingenuous to say there are 1000's of complaints, I'm only talking about two clinics here who are proven. Considering Dr. Rogers has performed a total of around 4,500 procedures it's very unlikely that you can find 1,000's of complaints about him (I can only find a handful, and I'm pretty sure all of them were proven to be shills or simply faded away as soon as they were approached by Dr. Rogers directly to back up their lies).

Further, I don't claim *you* (SAF) have an agenda, I completely understand your position considering your experience, however I feel your opinions are based on relatively ancient history and hearsay. Mine are based on 1st hand recent experience and the outcomes of a number of people I *actually* know.

edit - though I'm pretty sure you said years ago that if I ended up with good results you would change your opinion ;)

Have you finished now, and is your hair all filled in where you want it to be, or are you still having procedures, Out of interest do you have to take meds for hair alone or...?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hard to say whether I'm finished, many natal women at my age have less density. I think though that I want more, but I'll probably wait until after I have my forehead reconstructed as the incision can be hidden with grafts.

I still take Dutasteride, but I probably no longer need to really.

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with both s.a.f and GeminiX, I see both of their points, whilst there is no trend or revolution for any particular UK surgeon in the last few years there are a few that seem to crop up that have shown to do good work, with the small handful of celebrities that i know of that have had work in this country (Rooney, Bannatyne, Nesbitt) they all look like good results to me and of course Geminix,

But the point s.a.f. makes is also true that they cant compete with the sheer experience and testomonials of the hasson and wongs of the world, and there was a programme on UK tv the other night about plastic surgery that followed a few men having hair transplant's by a very well known marketing led company that has a terrible reputation, i prayed for the poor guys for not doing the right research.

But the more results i see like Rooney's coming out of the UK fills with me with a bit of encouragment for the future here.

GeminiX

Reaction score
SAF and I may appear to argue a lot, but our views are really very close, we just differ on our opinions regarding Dr. Rogers and Dr. Farjo and their skill level.

Incidentally, I do agree that UK clinics don't do the mega sessions yet (if ever, Dr. Rogers thinks they are a bad idea). They are very hard work and brutal on the patient and surgical team. To be fair, some of the results I've seen from the big US and Canadian clinics for mega sessions have been astonishing and if this is what you want then the UK simply has nothing to compare from the better known surgeons here.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope Wayne Rooney's not been scammed. I know that

Leo Bancroft, the UK celebrity hairdresser, has just had one done by Alvi Armani, the guy who did Gordon Ramsey's recently.

http://www.leobancroft.com/salon/prices ... ore-after/

Apparently, the new hair falls out after a few weeks and then grows back at 10% a month thereafter.

He says he's gone public as he doesn't see this modern procedure as anything to be embarrassed about (a swipe at Gordon Ramsay's perceived secrecy?).

He also says by sharing his knowledge of the procedure he wants to help people feel better about their hairloss !

How he's gonna make people feel better about hair loss when it costs £30,000 I don't know - surely that'll make people feel worse when they can't afford it and see only extremely high earners like he and Gordon Ramsay who regard it as small change.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
My concern is that Rooney's transplant will influence a lot of people in to getting one also, without them understanding the procedure or risks involved.

It seems listening to Radio 1 this morning that even Sir Alan Sugar is impressed by Rooney's implants saying "they do really work".

This will lead a lot of people to think "oh there's a clinic near me i'll go get one" without realising they are probably going to be butchered.

People are very lazy and will think that if its good enough for Rooney then its good enough for them and follow suit at the easiest convenience to them.

Personally I hope Rooney's transplant looks sh*t so it prevents people making this mistake!

s.a.f

Reaction score
ajax said:
My concern is that Rooney's transplant will influence a lot of people in to getting one also, without them understanding the procedure or risks involved.

It seems listening to Radio 1 this morning that even Sir Alan Sugar is impressed by Rooney's implants saying "they do really work".

This will lead a lot of people to think "oh there's a clinic near me i'll go get one" without realising they are probably going to be butchered.
People are very lazy and will think that if its good enough for Rooney then its good enough for them and follow suit at the easiest convenience to them.

Personally I hope Rooney's transplant looks sh*t so it prevents people making this mistake!

Yeah I think this is definatley the case, people view it like buying a mass produced product.

GeminiX

Reaction score
While I certainly don't wish Wayne Rooney has a bad result, I think I'll use my social network to try to spread some unbiassed common sense about chosing which surgeon.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
It is subjective and all that matters is whether the patient is happy.

For some people an average hair transplant will look good and to others it will look great.

It is my personal opinion that if you live in the UK then you are now able to get a good hair transplant.

But if you want a great hair transplant then you need to travel.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Esprit said:
GeminiX said:
I still take Dutasteride, but I probably no longer need to really.

Why is that now?

As I say, I probably don't need to (I'm just a little paranoid that I might lose it all again if I stop lol)

s.a.f

Reaction score
If the reports of £30k are true then I'd guess that maybe Armani flew in to perform the op. So technicly (if that is the case) this is'nt really a UK hair transplant.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
If the reports of £30k are true then I'd guess that maybe Armani flew in to perform the op. So technicly (if that is the case) this is'nt really a UK hair transplant.

That would explain why his head looks so good and it also cost 30k....

I bet if he had gone to Armani or which ever Doctor/team it was he could have saved quite alot perhaps half of the cost?

Its a shame its so expensive for a hair transplant if it was 3-4k at least its something most can afford but 30k is an amount only for the bold and rich can afford.

Reminds me of the laser eye surgery it took the eye doctor 10 minutes to perform the op.... and then im left £2000 out of pocket.... just goes to show you some people in this world are drasticly overpaid.

Most people did actually advise me and said if I had gone to india it would have cost £300-400 pounds for same operation, and tickets and expensives whole thing would have hit under 1k easily.

GeminiX

Reaction score
He didn't pay £30k :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Can one of you geniuses explain to me how Rooney's grafts have grown out already?

He's got a full head of hair wtf :dunno:

Its probably only 50% at best, theres probably alot more to come.
He was only a NW3 afterall so you'd expect a pretty good result.

T

TravisB

He did it in Harley Street Hair Clinic. Google it, because I don't think I can post a link in here. I've seen the photos of transplants, and I must say they seem to do decent transplants. Rooney probably paid a fortune because he can afford it, so he has probably the best possible transplant from this clinic.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
monty1978 said:
Can one of you geniuses explain to me how Rooney's grafts have grown out already?

He's got a full head of hair wtf :dunno:

He was only a NW3 afterall so you'd expect a pretty good result.

wayne-rooney_bald.jpg

You must be using a different Norwood scale than. :woot:

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've not been able to find a recent pic that I can get a good look at Rooneys transplant! So far looks too good, compared to his immeadiate post op pic. It didn't look like he had that many grafts...

I'm thinking maybe he also started on finasteride and minoxidil and has added benefit from that, or/and he is also now using concealer....?....