Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil (vasodilatation) and microneedling (angiogenese) increase the blood flow in the scalp. More oxygen in the scalp means less DHT produced locally.

The enzymatic conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is oxygen dependent. In low-oxygen environments, the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is favored; whereas in high-oxygen environments, more testosterone is converted to estradiol.

https://aicepola.com/#causes

So by using minoxidil and microneedling you're indirectly reducing the DHT in your scalp.

Nonetheless, putting a 5 mg finasteride tablet in your minoxidil bottle might give you even better results.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Minoxidil Acts as an Antiandrogen: A Study of 5α-reductase Type 2 Gene Expression in a Human Keratinocyte Cell Line​

This antiandrogenic effect of minoxidil, shown by significant downregulation of 5α-R2 gene expression in HaCaT cells, may be one of its mechanisms of action in alopecia.

Minoxidil may suppress androgen receptor-related functions​

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil (vasodilatation) and microneedling (angiogenese) increase the blood flow in the scalp. More oxygen in the scalp means less DHT produced locally.

https://aicepola.com/#causes

So by using minoxidil and microneedling you're indirectly reducing the DHT in your scalp.

Nonetheless, putting a 5 mg finasteride tablet in your minoxidil bottle might give you even better results.
Probably yes, but a lot of people keeps saying that is usless fight aa with minoxidil, with time the dht win against it. No idea if is the same way with minoxidil + micro

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been reading through the thread. Can someone clarify this for me?

I want to go with the Dr. Pen A7 as it seems this will significantly reduce the time I need to invest per treatment.
I'm to use the 12 pin.
I'm to use a depth probably of 0.75mm (presumably it has this option)
I'm to use the fastest setting.
I'm to do it every two weeks.

At what rate do I want to move the A7 at this setting speed to achieve the goal target?
Thanks.

fran15

Reaction score
Been reading through the thread. Can someone clarify this for me?

I want to go with the Dr. Pen A7 as it seems this will significantly reduce the time I need to invest per treatment.
I'm to use the 12 pin.
I'm to use a depth probably of 0.75mm (presumably it has this option)
I'm to use the fastest setting.
I'm to do it every two weeks.

At what rate do I want to move the A7 at this setting speed to achieve the goal target?
Thanks.
You're aiming for 1600 wounds per cm². I was under the impression that you should aim for 5 mins 7,200 RPM and two passes with a 12 needle cartridge to achieve this. Needle depth should be 0.8mm-1mm (I'm using 1.25mm). And yes, every 2 weeks.

I have an A7 from the Australian distributor, and the lowest speed is said to be 8000 RPM. The US A7's lowest speed is said to be 12,000 RPM so maybe that means you would do less than 5 mins I guess?

There's some great info in the Follica Patent thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...croneedling-protocol-patent-disclosed.126994/

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're aiming for 1600 wounds per cm². I was under the impression that you should aim for 5 mins 7,200 RPM and two passes with a 12 needle cartridge to achieve this. Needle depth should be 0.8mm-1mm (I'm using 1.25mm). And yes, every 2 weeks.

I have an A7 from the Australian distributor, and the lowest speed is said to be 8000 RPM. The US A7's lowest speed is said to be 12,000 RPM so maybe that means you would do less than 5 mins I guess?

There's some great info in the Follica Patent thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...croneedling-protocol-patent-disclosed.126994/
There was a recent study there that was posted that showed evidence and leaning towards superiority for 0.6mm compared with 1.2mm depth. That's why I'd do 0.75mm.

So 5 minutes for the entire pass of the scalp? If it works at 12000 RPM, with 1600 wounds per cm as target, and 12 pins... f*** I hate math.
1600 wounds / 12 pins = 133 stabs.
12000 RPM / 60 seconds = 200 RPS.
So does that mean you're doing it per cm sq. in less than a second?

fran15

Reaction score
There was a recent study there that was posted that showed evidence and leaning towards superiority for 0.6mm compared with 1.2mm depth. That's why I'd do 0.75mm.

So 5 minutes for the entire pass of the scalp? If it works at 12000 RPM, with 1600 wounds per cm as target, and 12 pins... f*** I hate math.
1600 wounds / 12 pins = 133 stabs.
12000 RPM / 60 seconds = 200 RPS.
So does that mean you're doing it per cm sq. in less than a second?
A movement speed of 2 cm per second with an oscillation speed of 120 Hz (which is 7,200RPM), but with 12,000 RPM it would be even faster?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another one with good results from minoxidil/needling only:

So if minoxidil/needling creates new hair, how come it always grows in a natural pattern, and only where there was hair before, with very smooth hairlines?

If new hairs are being created, the new hairs would be all over the place and hairlines wouldn't be so precise, no?

What is more likely?

a) People are stopping micro needling EXACTLY at the border where they used to have hair, doing a perfect motion in the hairline area

OR

b) The "new" hairs are really not new, just regenerated old ones.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably b but it's not so simple to say why. For example why is the texture of armpit hair different than that on your head, why does it only grow there? So many factors playing a role, genes, pathways,...

But really what does it matter? The results are good.
I agree gains are gains, just want to set record straight. Those half assed studies are using the term "neogenesis" very loosely. What they mean really is regeneration, or transformation of vellus hair into terminal ones.

If micro needling was creating new hairs from scratch for real, we would see a lot of scalps ending up looking somewhat like this
1609962116229.png

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
After 4 months on min 2% I didn't sleep this night because of bad pressure or something. What should I do? I think it's minoxidil?

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil increases your heart rate and you don't want a rapid heartbeat when you're laying down trying to sleep. Use minoxidil only in the morning when you're starting your day...

Moreover, when you're laying down the blood flow to your scalp is already good enough, you don't need minoxidil.

There are two important things that I learned from using minoxidil.

1) if I apply it at night, the next morning I'll wake up with puffy eyes
2) exercising helps to avoid headaches (let your muscles use that extra blood flow)

Minoxidil is like coffee, might be a good idea in the morning when starting the day, but is a terrible idea in the night.

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil increases your heart rate and you don't want a rapid heartbeat when you're laying down trying to sleep. Use minoxidil only in the morning when you're starting your day...

Moreover, when you're laying down the blood flow to your scalp is already good enough, you don't need minoxidil.

There are two important things that I learned from using minoxidil.

1) if I apply it at night, the next morning I'll wake up with puffy eyes
2) exercising helps to avoid headaches (let your muscles use that extra blood flow)

Minoxidil is like coffee, might be a good idea in the morning when starting the day, but is a terrible idea in the night.
Thanks man, this is gold. What about microneedling too? I didn’t start needling yet but in the future, should I do it in the morning or...

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, this is gold. What about microneedling too? I didn’t start needling yet but in the future, should I do it in the morning or...

Minoxidil without microneedling or tretinoin for most people is a waste of time.

I recently started using an adjustable derma-stamp (at 1 mm of depth for pinpoint bleeding) every week, I find it much better than the rollers or electrical pens that I used previously. It's faster, cheaper and less painful.

My microneedling session is always done at night after a hot shower. I also put a numbing cream (diclofenac) before and a povidone-iodine (Betadine) solution after.

Either it's microneedling or using an exfoliator (tretinoin, azelaic acid or salicylic acid) do it at night and avoid sun exposure the next day (preferably use a sunscreen). Give your skin time to heal.

Just another tip, wash your head with hot/warm water and an anti-dandruff shampoo for men (with piroctone olamine) before applying a topical. It opens up the pores and removes sebum to allow better absorption. H&S and Nivea have good and cheap anti-dandruff shampoos for men that you can buy at your local supermarket.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I don't think it matters. Whatever you can work into your schedule consistently. That's the key.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question I have, I saw a claim of a guy that said that microneedling can potentially ruin your chances of a transplant in the future, is he talking out his *** or?

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil without microneedling or tretinoin for most people is a waste of time.

I recently started using an adjustable derma-stamp (at 1 mm of depth for pinpoint bleeding) every week, I find it much better than the rollers or electrical pens that I used previously. It's faster, cheaper and less painful.

My microneedling session is always done at night after a hot shower. I also put a numbing cream (diclofenac) before and a povidone-iodine (Betadine) solution after.

Either it's microneedling or using an exfoliator (tretinoin, azelaic acid or salicylic acid) do it at night and avoid sun exposure the next day (preferably use a sunscreen). Give your skin time to heal.

Just another tip, wash your head with hot/warm water and an anti-dandruff shampoo for men (with piroctone olamine) before applying a topical. It opens up the pores and removes sebum to allow better absorption. H&S and Nivea have good and cheap anti-dandruff shampoos for men that you can buy at your local supermarket.
I started apply minoxidil in the morning, I noticed better eyes but at the same time is really uncomfortable, is like I’m a bit stunned and is really bad, not really an headache but almost. No idea what to do,I’m only on 4 months with minoxidil and not sure this is the way should I do to mantain hair, unfortunately... help