Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about device price, $74 vs $156.
Cartridge price on eBay is $18 for 10 pcs ($55 on drpen.com)
I've bought cartridges from ebay and they have straight needles with the right dimensions. There were some discussion on the importance of using new cartridges for them to stay sharp (and how cheap the lowlife peasants that reused them were) so I looked at tips under a microscope when new and after been reused 4 times, 2 times for scalp and 2 times for body, and they were both very sharp with a smooth tip.
TL;DR not only are the ebay needles I've bought within spec, straight and sharp, but also high quality enough to be reused several times.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
I've bought cartridges from ebay and they have straight needles with the right dimensions. There were some discussion on the importance of using new cartridges for them to stay sharp (and how cheap the lowlife peasants that reused them were) so I looked at tips under a microscope when new and after been reused 4 times, 2 times for scalp and 2 times for body, and they were both very sharp with a smooth tip.
TL;DR not only are the ebay needles I've bought within spec, straight and sharp, but also high quality enough to be reused several times.

What's the price? I will only use twice at most.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long are you guys planning trying minoxidil + needling?
I’m almost at my 4th month minoxidil daily and needling weekly and I have to say I don’t see much at all. I think I’ve actually lost more since starting minoxidil. I dont know if I’ll get those hair back.
I’m planning on trying it for one year but it all doesn’t sound very hopeful to me. Don’t even think trying oral minoxidil would help if minoxidil + needling doesn’t?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would give it more time, 4 months is not long and definitely too short to be drawing any conclusions, and minoxidil shedding can be brutal. My hair looked worst after 2-3 months of minoxidil. I was growing new hairs along my hairline, but the rest of my head was shedding like crazy. I only started to recover around the 4th month on minoxidil.

For me it’s been 5 months of needling and 6 of minoxidil now, and I’m happy with the results so far.

I would not go for oral minoxidil because of the extra body hair it can give you.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone notice unpleasant side effects from minoxidil with needling vs without?

ive been experiencing headaches everyday and my eyes start to look a bit tired :( I didn’t have these side effects before when I was on minoxidil without needling ...

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No you are wrong here, and I know this from experience. I was once told by a - very bad, uninterested - dermatologist (when I was very young and very depressed to be dealing with a condition no-one else my age was dealing with) after four months of treatment that I could stop taking minoxidil because I was not getting any benefits from it. He said after four months: “your hair is still very thin.”
I was foolish enough to listen to him, mostly because I was depressed and therefore very negative and did not believe anything could work.
But you know what? I am actually a very good responder to minoxidil. When a couple of years later I decided to restart minoxidil, after having done my own research, I got really good results. But not after three months. It took six months to get cosmetically visible results and people to start commenting on my hair.
Starting a treatment and giving up after three-four months is very unwise.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried minoxidil previously without anything else. And it helped me reduce my shed to almost nothing within 3 months. It just never grew any hair for me. Then I dropped it and went on only anti-androgen.

now I got back on it to see if it will do anything along with anti-androgen and needling.

i do find it weird that eveyone who had success on this thread claimed to have achieved it within 2-3 months, whereas this would not be possible for majority of people for other treatments.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried minoxidil previously without anything else. And it helped me reduce my shed to almost nothing within 3 months. It just never grew any hair for me. Then I dropped it and went on only anti-androgen.

now I got back on it to see if it will do anything along with anti-androgen and needling.

i do find it weird that eveyone who had success on this thread claimed to have achieved it within 2-3 months, whereas this would not be possible for majority of people for other treatments.

Try adding tretinoin.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
This might have been asked before, but since tretinoin is a prescription medication in my country, it is difficult to obtain. Would retinol 0.2% be of help here?

Should work but here are plenty of places to buy tretinoin online for cheap.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the difference? Why should you see results faster with wounding?

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the difference? Why should you see results faster with wounding?
As pegasus said once: It's not about better minoxidil absorption, it's all about WIHN (Wound Induced Hair follicle Neogenesis).

lèvedoigt.jpg

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It has already been discussed before that wounding alone without minoxidil does not help.

Yeah i have yet to see regrowth or even maintenance with rolling on its own. I think someone posted a result with the follica protocol earlier but i think it is still open for debate whether needling monotherapy works.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But
As pegasus said once: It's not about better minoxidil absorption, it's all about WIHN (Wound Induced Hair follicle Neogenesis)
I am aware of that. But the progress will always be gradual, and for some people the cosmetic results will come faster than others. I think it’s not realistic to expect great and very noticeable results at three months, regardless of the treatment.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are several studies that have already been done showing this works. The second Dhurat study for example.
If you mean the 2015 study, the men were also on minoxidil and finasteride. If you are talking about another study, could you please post a link?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do any of you who use minoxidil have any skin problems because of it, like bags under your eyes? Just asking since I read some anecdotal stuff about it affecting collagen.
No, not at all.