Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2. The first three clinical studies Follica did used no topical drug at all; just wounding, and it produced hair follicles.

From FOL-002

Treamement:
Dermabrasion [DA] device (diamond fraise - disruption
depth ~100- 150 microns) and 3 laser type of ablative lasers;
No topical drug treatment

Conclusions:

"DA Creates a Substantial Number
of Hair Follicle Structures of
Interest"

Wounding alone does grow hair, but as per the follica studies; the results require drugs to maintain.
This Follica pdf is really interesting stuff.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do any of you who use minoxidil have any skin problems because of it, like bags under your eyes? Just asking since I read some anecdotal stuff about it affecting collagen.

Few years ago when I used it I had no problem. Now I’m restarting I think it’s affecting my skin. Tho I also started tretinoin for my under eye around the same time so not sure if it’s tret.

The first time round I used minoxidil tho I always used it in the morning whereas now I use it at night. I wonder if it’s because I’ve been careless and have been getting it around my eyes without realising.

id say use it in the morning only if you can or wait until it 100% dries out before you go to bed. Even after it dries out, don’t touch your hair or scalp then rub your eyes. It’s so easy to do that without noticing.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do any of you who use minoxidil have any skin problems because of it, like bags under your eyes? Just asking since I read some anecdotal stuff about it affecting collagen.
Yes, larger pores, deeper wrinkles. Hate the poison but it works.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried minoxidil previously without anything else. And it helped me reduce my shed to almost nothing within 3 months. It just never grew any hair for me. Then I dropped it and went on only anti-androgen.

now I got back on it to see if it will do anything along with anti-androgen and needling.

i do find it weird that eveyone who had success on this thread claimed to have achieved it within 2-3 months, whereas this would not be possible for majority of people for other treatments.
which anti androgen you use?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's the theory but if the mechanisms of minoxidil are stronger than the damage caused by DHT, I don't see why it shouldn't keep your hair long term. (+ the benefits of needling)
In such cases after regrowth, shouldn't weak AA's like alfatradiol help to maintain?

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, larger pores, deeper wrinkles. Hate the poison but it works.
I wonder if better absorption is the culprit here.

I had no problem with minoxidil when I thought what I had was only Telogen Effluvium and I used it as a stand-alone treatment for a year and a half with no skin problems. Now I feel my eyes are looking more hollow and my eyes are looking more tired.

I’m going to avoid minoxidil for 24 hours after needling and lower my dose.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any idea why minoxidil could reduce your shed massively but not regrow hair (if no anti androgen was used as a combo)?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if better absorption is the culprit here.

I had no problem with minoxidil when I thought what I had was only Telogen Effluvium and I used it as a stand-alone treatment for a year and a half with no skin problems. Now I feel my eyes are looking more hollow and my eyes are looking more tired.

I’m going to avoid minoxidil for 24 hours after needling and lower my dose.
I would definitely advice the 24 hours rule. I was greedy in the interim when minoxidil did not provide regrowth to me, and I started applying it after light roll of 0.5mm. I incurred chest pains which I never experienced in my previous 9 month of usage.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would definitely advice the 24 hours rule. I was greedy in the interim when minoxidil did not provide regrowth to me, and I started applying it after light roll of 0.5mm. I incurred chest pains which I never experienced in my previous 9 month of usage.

People have different tolerances to this sort of thing, i was taking 10 sometimes 20mg oral min along with rolling just before applying topical minoxidil for about a year and i was fine, no chest problems. Right now i just take 10mg oral min but thinking about starting needling and topical again, i quit it last november.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, 24 hours. I do the same, because I want to avoid too much minoxidil absorption. I am getting a lot of downy, colorless hairs on my neck and on my face near where my ears are. I hate it!

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was going to read the 697 page thread, but thought I would ask instead: What is the consensus on needle length. I have seens Drs. say 1-1.5mm is best to activate regeneration, but have seen some good success stories with 0.5mm.

I do not intend to use minoxidil or anything with it. So if that would not get me anywhere, please share your wisdom.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to read the 697 page thread, but thought I would ask instead: What is the consensus on needle length. I have seens Drs. say 1-1.5mm is best to activate regeneration, but have seen some good success stories with 0.5mm.

I do not intend to use minoxidil or anything with it. So if that would not get me anywhere, please share your wisdom.
If you're not going to use minoxidil with it then don't waste your time.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you're not going to use minoxidil with it then don't waste your time.
Good to know. But from what I saw online re- doctor presentations about dermaroller, they said the mechanisms works through healing of the wound, and is not for better absorption of minoxidil. Here is a guy who grew his hair with dermaroller and a shampoo and biotin. No drugs.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to know. But from what I saw online re- doctor presentations about dermaroller, they said the mechanisms works through healing of the wound, and is not for better absorption of minoxidil. Here is a guy who grew his hair with dermaroller and a shampoo and biotin. No drugs.

uh huh. Just like matthew mcconaughey didn't have a hair transplant and grew his hair back with snake oil. All I can tell you is don't be lazy, and read the thread, both this one and the follica patent thread. Wounding works through wound healing, but it needs something to trigger hair growth instead of skin. Think about it, if you get a wound on your arm, does it grow back with hair? No, it doesn't. Add minoxidil during the wound healing process and it might. There is a mild benefit to using microneedling alone, but you need to add certain compounds to push stem cells into forming the right kind of cells during wound healing. Check out this recent study, and notice how little hair grew back after wounding without the right signals.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
uh huh. Just like matthew mcconaughey didn't have a hair transplant and grew his hair back with snake oil. All I can tell you is don't be lazy, and read the thread, both this one and the follica patent thread. Wounding works through wound healing, but it needs something to trigger hair growth instead of skin. Think about it, if you get a wound on your arm, does it grow back with hair? No, it doesn't. Add minoxidil during the wound healing process and it might. There is a mild benefit to using microneedling alone, but you need to add certain compounds to push stem cells into forming the right kind of cells during wound healing. Check out this recent study, and notice how little hair grew back after wounding without the right signals.
But why some ppl got regrowth with wounding alone?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
But why some ppl got regrowth with wounding alone?
Do you have any examples other than that video of the guy who's obviously faking it?
Except as was already brought up, and is three times in the follica patent you mentioned, wounding alone does grow hair.
Some hair is what I said. It's not enough to make it worth suffering through all that pain every two weeks when you'll get more hair just from using minoxidil.
You are also forgetting, as somehow everyone on here does, wounding was pursued as a method to treat Androgenetic Alopecia because of the old dude whose head went in a f*****g firepit and grew hair back. He wasn't on minoxidil because it didn't exist.

That's not why it's being pursued. It was first noticed on rabbits in the 1950s, but I'm not forgetting about that anyways. That man was using a now banned arthritis drug called benoxaprofen, which actually gives hair growth even without wounding. Simply put, when you wound the skin, stem cells want to form new skin, not hair. Among other things you have to apply a drug that prevents them from terminally differentiating early in the wound healing process until they get the signals to form hair instead of skin.
I suggest you read this among the dozens of other studies on this forum before you tell people that minoxidil or other drugs are unnecessary for neogenesis.