Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 665 | HairLossTalk Forums

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. ajax

ajax Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it's hard to know isn't it... Folica definitely identified the healing process as being every bit as important as the wounding, but like you said some people seem to have seen excellent results butchering their scalp regularly, and others following Folica haven't seen much happen yet.

I guess with minoxidil mixed in too we don't know how much success can be attributed to good response to that too, although some of the best results didn't even use it.

All quiet baffling which is why I'm doing some rolling between bi-weekly needling in the hope it attacks it from both angles of wounding + increased minoxidil absorption

2. spring15

spring15 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This guys had decent results needling, he uses the Derminator 2 , is that much different from Dr Pen? I'm going to upgrade from the old roller

3. Milkonos

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Question for those who stab their scalp: is it possible to "regrow" the frontline if you're nw2 to a Norwood 1 or 0 ? Or do you have to go undergo a hair-transplant ?

4. Throwaway94

Throwaway94 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It has been done but that doesn't mean you can do it

5. ajax

ajax Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    No one is really even sure it works at all, apart from maybe a few lucky responders. Only thing you can really do is give it a go and see what happens

6. ajax

ajax Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't see anything in there not on this forum tbh, wouldn't be surprised if he got his info from here in fact.

He said he does 1.5mm every week but just for a few minutes with a D2 which doesn't seem like it'd be very effective given it's slow speed Vs Folica's device, and didn't post any pics of his own hair before and after, or even if he had any success.

7. Jesse14

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well I'm two sessions in on weekly needling with minoxidil. First hundred or so pages of this I was super hopeful, but seems like a bunch of people didn't get results over time. I'll go 9 months at least.

I took baseline pictures.. hair cut to a 4 buzzed, flash on, in my bathroom. Will mimic that exactly after 4 or 5 months.

8. ajax

ajax Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It took me 9-12 months to see any improvement on Dutasteride, so as with all treatments you have to be super patient just purely because of hair cycles.

I don't think many have got past 6 months, most less and so it'll be a while yet before we can see if many end up responding.

It might not work, but of it does we won't know for a while yet. I started about a month ago, will give it 12 months before really getting excited / giving up hope.

Jesse14 likes this.
  9. Jesse14

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm surprised I didn't see this guys regression posted. He did a one year post, where he was dermanrolling once a week at 1.5, and applying minoxidil twice a day. Then a 2 year update where he lost a ton of ground. He started rolling every other week, and applying minoxidil once a day after year 1.
    One year:
    -https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/bsoseu/one_year_results_on_big_3_dermaroll_32yo_nw7/
    -https://imgur.com/a/jeMxcBf
    -https://imgur.com/a/yryIhsj

2 Year:
    -https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/i4hwg2/2_year_update_nw_7_nw_3_nw_45_big_4/
    -https://imgur.com/a/EEEJuF3

LowHairLine, Dimitri001 and pegasus2 like this.
  10. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That's Narwhal7, he has a thread on this forum. That's too bad he lost ground like that, sounds like it's largely because he didn't like applying minoxidil. He should have gotten on oral minoxidil.

Jesse14 likes this.
  11. Jesse14

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    yea, it's a shame. He made the right call to get a hair transplant. But that's all from just going from applying minoxidil twice a day, to once? Just surprises me I guess.

12. pegasus2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I doubt that's all of it. He should've also jumped on dutasteride when he started losing again

13. Dimitri001

Dimitri001 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Is that what he says? That that's the only thing that changed?

14. Jesse14

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm thinking about making the jump from finasteride to dutasteride depending on how the next few months turn out. Wish I could just get it from my keeps subscription.
    He mentions in the reddit thread he changed two things: minoxidil twice a day, to once a day. And needling once a week, to every other week.

bond6007 and Dimitri001 like this.
  15. samantha3333

samantha3333 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Is it possible to not have a massive shed on minoxidil if your daily shed is already low on anti androgen?

I really wanna restart minoxidil and combine it with microneedlng but I’m worried about the potential dread sheds so much it actually makes me feel sick (last time I shedded about 200 hair for 3-4 weeks but that was when minoxidil was the first treatment I tried without spironolactone.)

16. pegasus2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The shed just means it's working. Also, anti-androgens can sometimes backfire for females. I assume you're a cis woman since you're not on HRT. FPHL pathogenesis is a little different from male pattern baldness, and not as well studied. Testosterone injections can actually improve hair growth for some women. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3380548/ You should get your levels tested to see if your androgens are low. Ideally androgens should be in the normal female range, not below.

17. samantha3333

samantha3333 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    But spironolactone kept my sheds to a minimum. My hair just don’t seem to grow anymore. Hence I wanna try minoxidil again but this time combined with spironolactone and microneedling.

18. pegasus2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Testosterone induces cell proliferation everywhere but on the top of the head. It also does not inhibit proliferation in scalp hair until it reaches a certain level. A small amount of T may be necessary for proper hair growth in males and females. It could be that if your T is less than 10 ng/dL your hair won't grow as well. Just something to think about, if your hair wasn't shedding or growing on spironolactone that means your T wasn't too high, but it could still have been too low.
    https://academic.oup.com/endo/article/138/1/356/2987722

19. iCloud

iCloud Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Samantha, I (re)started minoxidil in early June (and microneedling in early July), and I did go through a shed during July, which freaked me out, but I feel that now it has stopped. I have noticed some new and stronger hairs at my hairline (first picture early June, second one last week - my hair is the same length in both pictures), and the texture of my hair seems a bit better.

I am also on a low dose of spironolactone (50mg daily) and dutasteride (0.50mg every other day since July). My hormone levels are perfectly normal for a woman.

Attached Files:

MirinBrah likes this.
  20. spring15

spring15 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anyone heard of "Minoxidil Max" ? This guy on reddit been dermarolling for 3 months at 1.5mm with Min Max , great results

upload_2020-8-18_22-16-0.png