Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
You ought to use a dermaroller in lieu of a dermastamp. The mode of action between the two is different in that a stamp causes far less "damage" to the dermis. And it is this "damage" which the body repairs which ultimately causes hair growth. This may explain why you haven't seen a benefit in needling these last few years.

In regards to using minoxidil every two weeks I doubt it will have any benefit. You ought to replicate, as closely as possible, the studies which show the benefits of needling.

How about a dermapen?

Homebrewhero

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about a dermapen?
Yes I was contemplating investing in one of the Dr Pen models. Just trying to work out if its worth it. From what I've read scanning the forum it seems that combination with minoxidil would be the most promising to gain any result, hence my original question. I really didn't want to add minoxidil to my regime, at least not yet. I just wondered if anyone thought using minoxidil so infrequently alongside needling would maybe provide a slight nudge in the right direction while potentially avoiding any minoxidil sides/sheds.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys experience ITCHING after dermarolling? I have. Let me know.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t except when I go to sleep and have friction from my pillow.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK, I wonder whether its has to do with seborrheic dermatitis. I heard that dermarolling could be detrimental in that case: (e.g. here and here)

Seborrheic derm does not necessarily involve dandruff, nor is it necessarily visible. SD is known to cause hair fall, so aggravating it is not good.
I have pictures of my follicles with yellow dots and unhealthy condition. Apparently these yellow dots are common feature in male pattern baldness ( e.g., here). But the causality is not clear according to the paper.

I think more people should buy those digital handheld microscopes, as scalp health is paramount. Further it is a good way to monitor hair.

Attachments

• Image_2020-12-25 08_40_47_560.jpg
    Image_2020-12-25 08_40_47_560.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody experienced swollen gland after dermarolling? I think it had something to do with your body getting ready for an infection. That or I didn’t wash all the fibres out before doing it

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what's worse, 4chan nerds or reddit cucks. They are both retarded in their own ways. Reddit cucks believe anything they hear as long as it comes from a source of perceived authority, and can't evaluate any information themselves. 4chan nerds also lack the ability to evaluate scientific studies for themselves, so they go the opposite direction and don't believe in the scientific method at all.

This is the only known method to create new hairs without wounding:

Since 4chan nerds don't believe in science they won't read it.

Now here is how new hairs are formed by wounding

Neogenesis is dependent on Wnts. The more Wnts, the more hair. What upregulates Wnt signalling? Minoxidil does. If 4chan nerds would learn how to read something more complex than a meme they could stop clogging up this thread with nonsense. Wounding alone works if done right, but nobody has achieved cosmetic regrowth from it. The best case results in any study show wounding monotherapy to be equivalent to minoxidil monotherapy. Minoxidil is a lot less painful, and easier to do. Now if you combine the two, the studies show the combination being several-fold more effective than either treatment alone, and that's backed up by the experimentation we've seen on the forums. However, minoxidil is just one of many drugs that can be used in combination with wounding to increase hair growth. There are dozens of alternative compounds listed in the Follica patents, including SAG, purmorphamine, bimatoprost, adenosine, AS101, etc. Anything that upregulates Wnt and Shh will work.

This is one of the problem for sure!
DHT introduces Dickkopf 1 which inhibits the the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway.

Androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) is the commonest form of hair loss in men. Alopecia areata (AA) is an organ-specific autoimmune disease. Studies revealed that Dickkopf 1 (DKK-1), a powerful suppressor of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway, induced anagen-to-catagen transition in mice. Moreover, in vitro studies suggested that DKK-1 played a role in dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-induced balding.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/262...etic Alopecia),to-catagen transition in mice.

Rubicant112

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, I wonder whether its has to do with seborrheic dermatitis. I heard that dermarolling could be detrimental in that case: (e.g. here and here)

Seborrheic derm does not necessarily involve dandruff, nor is it necessarily visible. SD is known to cause hair fall, so aggravating it is not good.
I have pictures of my follicles with yellow dots and unhealthy condition. Apparently these yellow dots are common feature in male pattern baldness ( e.g., here). But the causality is not clear according to the paper.

I think more people should buy those digital handheld microscopes, as scalp health is paramount. Further it is a good way to monitor hair.
I used my camera on the top of my head, and they all had these orangey spots at each root. Camera sucks, so the quality isn’t that great.

Attachments

• top-1.jpg
    top-1.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 136

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
This is one of the problem for sure!
DHT introduces Dickkopf 1 which inhibits the the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway.

Androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) is the commonest form of hair loss in men. Alopecia areata (AA) is an organ-specific autoimmune disease. Studies revealed that Dickkopf 1 (DKK-1), a powerful suppressor of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway, induced anagen-to-catagen transition in mice. Moreover, in vitro studies suggested that DKK-1 played a role in dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-induced balding.

How to remove DKK-1 then?

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How to remove DKK-1 then?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
think more people should buy those digital handheld microscopes, as scalp health is paramount. Further it is a good way to monitor hair.
Which one are you using? Thanks.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@Rubicant112 @iCloud
I used this microscope camera. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PVMRZQH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
@Rubicant112 Yes I have the exact feature at the root of my hairs. But only in the thinning areas. Did you check the donor area? My donor area is very healthy, attached.

The point is that dermatologist and surgeons surprisingly don't look that close. The paper I cited above shows the ignorance at that level.
I would be very interested to see whether those that respond well to propecia/minoxidil/derma improve their scalp condition.

Attachments

• donor_side copy.jpg
    donor_side copy.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 109

Rubicant112

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Rubicant112 @iCloud
I used this microscope camera. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PVMRZQH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
@Rubicant112 Yes I have the exact feature at the root of my hairs. But only in the thinning areas. Did you check the donor area? My donor area is very healthy, attached.

The point is that dermatologist and surgeons surprisingly don't look that close. The paper I cited above shows the ignorance at that level.
I would be very interested to see whether those that respond well to propecia/minoxidil/derma improve their scalp condition.
That’s the same one I purchased. I just wondered what that golden colored stuff is. Is it just sebum or something? My donor doesn’t look like that even though I have DUPA.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Rubicant112 @iCloud

Thanks, I ordered a different but quite similar one, as I could not immediately find this model on a European website. Looking forward to using this tool to compare different areas on my head and see what is going on on a microscopic level. Science is cool!

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing result without using anti-androgens.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is crazy. I think more than rolling, there are some individuals who responds to minoxidil more than others. Maybe the enzyme plays a important role for minoxidil to work, and I recall a liquid coming out in this month that can be used to create the enzyme on your scalp.

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
People keeps say anti-dht is necessary to fight baldness, then I see minoxidil + microneed result and seems like is not like that... No idea if you can mantain with minoxidil + micro but sounds like an yes to me