Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

j4r0d

Reaction score
I have been needling for 4 month now, every week at 1.5mm using a derminator. Note that I did start before this 4 month mark, but I was not super consistent, now I am. During the last 4 month I also applied topical minoxidil+RU in the evening and use oral duta+minoxidil 2.5mg in the morning. My scalp has become EXTREMELY itchy, to the point I could litterally scratch my scalp the whole fuckin day. Shedding between 80 and 200 hairs a day. I believe needling and/or the topical gave me a bad Telogen Effluvium. Usually under minoxidil, I could see velus growing on my face (those hairs that are typically 2 cm below the hairline on the sides); presently I have absolutely zero of these! This is fuckin hell and I am going nowhere... I think I need to stop topical+needling for my scalp to recover while keeping the oral part. Perhaps needling at 1.5mm every week is too much for me, I don't know.
I am considering adding some low dose spironolactone 50mg to limit the test damage while being off RU. Very depressing to say the least.
Anybody can related to the crazy itch while under needling regimen?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol most of this sh*t in these threads WITH minoxidil isn't worth the pain and suffering either. Yet you defend that.

"yOu ExpECt 2 muUch!"

I suggest you actually read the f*****g studies you're telling everyone else to read, you f*****g retard.

From Follica's own that has only been shared a million times.

View attachment 153135
What are you bro, some sort of conspiracy theorist who doesn't f*****g love SCIENCE!?
Yes, I must be retarded to be contradicting one of the forum's biggest trolls. That must be it. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this. My time is far to valuable to waste arguing with you over something that everyone else on the forum has already moved past. It sure is funny that Follica themselves is using minoxidil. That was a IIA study, and guess what, Follica came to a different conclusion than you. They came to the conclusion, like I already told you, that wounding alone upregulates growth factors and induces hair growth, but does not induce neogenesis. Wounding + minoxidil is superior to either wounding or minoxidil monotherapies according to the very company you're quoting. Absolutely nothing you just posted from Follica contradicts what I said, so you might want to work on your reading comprehension, and then reread my post. Don't bother replying though because you're on ignore now, you won't get a response.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 we gonna need a new threat for microneedling + KY only users in a year or so lol. that will hopefully be an incredible one.
If we can ever get KY. Combined with CHIR99021 and WAY316606 that's probably the best Wnt upregulation we can hope for until we get something to upregulate R-spondins. I'm optimistic about KY, but 6-BIO has the same mechanism of action, and it's been tried on the forums without any success. The thing that keeps me optimistic is that 6-BIO has very poor bioavailability, and it requires an efficient vehicle to be absorbed(DMSO plus some sort of lipid vehicle such as oleic acid). Those who tried it probably didn't get very much of it to the follicle, and 6-BIO is only half as effective at inducing b-catenin as KY, which is the entire point. KY has better bioavailability, but it's still going to require an efficient vehicle, so keep that in mind for when we can get our hands on it. If you use it in a simple ethanol/pg/H2O vehicle it won't work.

Last edited:

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been needling for 4 month now, every week at 1.5mm using a derminator. Note that I did start before this 4 month mark, but I was not super consistent, now I am. During the last 4 month I also applied topical minoxidil+RU in the evening and use oral duta+minoxidil 2.5mg in the morning. My scalp has become EXTREMELY itchy, to the point I could litterally scratch my scalp the whole fuckin day. Shedding between 80 and 200 hairs a day. I believe needling and/or the topical gave me a bad Telogen Effluvium. Usually under minoxidil, I could see velus growing on my face (those hairs that are typically 2 cm below the hairline on the sides); presently I have absolutely zero of these! This is fuckin hell and I am going nowhere... I think I need to stop topical+needling for my scalp to recover while keeping the oral part. Perhaps needling at 1.5mm every week is too much for me, I don't know.
I am considering adding some low dose spironolactone 50mg to limit the test damage while being off RU. Very depressing to say the least.
Anybody can related to the crazy itch while under needling regimen?

bro try 2.5mm at speed level 4-5 with a derm pen or derminator. That is the definition of pain I'm enduring lol

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When the skin heals, it can either create hair or skin. It doesn't automatically create skin in the absence of minoxidil; the minoxidil "Influences" it as per Cots' words.
Minoxidil is a big factor in it.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of us have already tried needling alone with no results. I myself have tried for a year and a half.

Bear in mind I’m probably also 8 months away from coming back to tell you “I tried minoxidil + needling for a year and it didn’t work” .. let’s see

Last edited:

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, minoxidil is a catalyst and required to maintain it.

God damn, for all the "SCIENCE" people on here, they sure are incapable of retaining any information from the studies.
Minoxidil is a big factor in that you will get much better results with minoxidil than without, and it can push cells to become hair instead of skin.
My reading comprehension skills are just fine, thanks.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, minoxidil is a catalyst and required to maintain it.

God damn, for all the "SCIENCE" people on here, they sure are incapable of retaining any information from the studies.

If you've been rolling for 6 months already + minoxidil, then it just isn't working. It's not going to work in 6 months either, then.
Correction. 4 months

I don’t get why you are so supportive of needling alone when we barely see anyone with results from it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correction. 4 months

I don’t get why you are so supportive of needling alone when we barely see anyone with results from it.
Yet he thinks needling+minoxidil doesn't work. He is just trolling

David260

My Regimen
Reaction score
so i been using this method for a month and a week now.
im 27 years old and i have an advanced case of diffuse alopecia. This is the first time in my life that i do some regimen for my hair.
I noticed sheeding the last week. Maybe this is good news. Crossed fingers

Last edited:

dsd

Reaction score
The point I'm making here is that Pegasus is full of sh*t and coping. It is not minoxidil that causes neogenesis; it is wounding and yes, wounding alone can grow hair. This is in these studies that people here claim to hold sacred...
Wrong.
Neogenesis is a part of a hair cycle even in balding persons.
Agree?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What everyones focus should be isnt neogensis. Its proliferation.
@dsd is correct.
The issues is in the blading person the hair follicle starts to proliferate less and less. Less growth factors everytime.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What everyones focus should be isnt neogensis. Its proliferation.
@dsd is correct.
The issues is in the blading person the hair follicle starts to proliferate less and less. Less growth factors everytime.
Hair follicles doesn't proliferate, they are created before birth and then, discounting freak accidents, can only die.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a supporter of needling alone.

We barely see anyone with results with minoxidil + needling either. What the Follica studies show is that the difference between hair or skin growing back is a very fine line that requires a level of precision that is difficult for a layman to achieve, "operating" on themselves.

So some average person on here with a 5 dollar roller or a pen they bought isn't a good indicator of how good the process works or doesn't.

The point I'm making here is that Pegasus is full of sh*t and coping. It is not minoxidil that causes neogenesis; it is wounding and yes, wounding alone can grow hair. This is in these studies that people here claim to hold sacred...
Nah. I think that they say that in order to make a patentable system, they just tell you that you need their system. Otherwise, they wouldn't get any benefit financially if it were simple to do at home on your own without them.
Develop some healthy cynicism people.

Homebrewhero

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been reluctant to use minoxidil so far, but have been microneedling using a dermastamp for a couple of years along with other topicals with no perceivable results. Would be interested to hear others thoughts on using minoxidil only after microneedling once every 2 weeks. I assuming that most would say don't bother and couldn't find anyone asking similar questions. Comments appreciated.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been reluctant to use minoxidil so far, but have been microneedling using a dermastamp for a couple of years along with other topicals with no perceivable results. Would be interested to hear others thoughts on using minoxidil only after microneedling once every 2 weeks. I assuming that most would say don't bother and couldn't find anyone asking similar questions. Comments appreciated.

I would say try it first. If after 3 to 4 months no results then increase to twice per week and then every day and so on. That's my plan with needling.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m microneedling every two weeks and using minoxidil (and dutasteride and LLLT), and I am seeing results from my entire regimen. I would certainly recommend minoxidil, I don’t mind having to use it indefinitely - it’s a small sacrifice for having more hair.

Edit - Sorry, I misread, so you would be using minoxidil only every two weeks? I’m not sure that would be enough. I use it once daily.

Last edited:

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try it. I'd try doing it for several days after wounding though to maximize potential benefits.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You ought to use a dermaroller in lieu of a dermastamp. The mode of action between the two is different in that a stamp causes far less "damage" to the dermis. And it is this "damage" which the body repairs which ultimately causes hair growth. This may explain why you haven't seen a benefit in needling these last few years.

In regards to using minoxidil every two weeks I doubt it will have any benefit. You ought to replicate, as closely as possible, the studies which show the benefits of needling.