Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anecdotally, I have seen more and better progress pics from people rolling every day or every other day than biweekly.

Which is frustrating considering all the studies suggest biweekly is superior.

What are we missing here?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anecdotally, I have seen more and better progress pics from people rolling every day or every other day than biweekly.

like i said its the increased minoxidil absorption...

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score

Most likely or at least in the case of Folica we aren't able to replicate their procedure due to the pens or devices were using not being of the same quality / standard.

I'm using the D2 at 1mm every other week, but it's a lot slower than the Folica device and I would need to use it for about 30 mins on high to even come close to the same needling density... I can manage about 16-17mins before my scalp has just had enough.

Pens don't work in the same puncture fashion, so although they make more holes they're a different type and therefore probably not as effective.

I'm rolling at 1mm on the week between needling sessions, and doing so 2-3 times that week to try and hit it from both angles and if nothing else increase my minoxidil absorption that week.

However it's not minoxidil absorption that's really the big player here with needling, that's all to do with wounding and healing, and also wounding in healthy areas signalling to the bald areas to grow hairs... So it's likely regular rollers are getting results from the minoxidil not the wounding and healing process, which isn't the same as Folica and their success in their own studies.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I haven’t seen much results with biweekly so I’m about to drop down to 0.8mm and go every other day at this point. At least then I know I’m actually getting maximum absorption with minoxidil rather than needling incorrectly with my A6.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get a blood test which confirmed that it didn't lowered your dht levels?
No, I was on it for more than 2 years, at the beggining I though it was helping me maintain but I kept receding. I've been 6 months out and no more shedding or worsening and I don't have erection problems anymore... f*****g poison

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I was on it for more than 2 years, at the beggining I though it was helping me maintain but I kept receding. I've been 6 months out and no more shedding or worsening and I don't have erection problems anymore... f*****g poison
interesting and i believe i may have experienced the same with topical finasteride.
Lost considerable amount of density when using it for like two years, even when it was giving sides.
Recently switched to dutasteride but still suspicious of 5-ARI's possibly doing more harm (on hair) then good
guess time will tell
@bluecyclone

Last edited:

j4r0d

Reaction score
interesting and i believe i may have experienced the same with topical finasteride.
Lost considerable amount of density when using it for like two years, even when it was giving sides.
Recently switched to dutasteride but still suspicious of 5-ARI's possibly doing more harm (on hair) then good
guess time will tell
@bluecyclone

Use topical RU to counteract the increased test from 5ar inhibitor. Consider 2,5mg of oral minoxidil for best regrowth.
If you still lose with this, don’t blame the pills, it’s simply that you have an aggressive form of hairloss and you would be just much worse off of the meds.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use topical RU to counteract the increased test from 5ar inhibitor. Consider 2,5mg of oral minoxidil for best regrowth.
If you still lose with this, don’t blame the pills, it’s simply that you have an aggressive form of hairloss and you would be just much worse off of the meds.
Fair enough. But how do you explain this

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guess time will tell
@bluecyclone
Sorry I think I wasnt clear: finasteride didnt made my hair loss worse, but it just didnt help either

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi again,

I’ve had two microneedling sessions and I’ve been fine. It didn’t hurt as much as I thought. The problem is that after starting minoxidil, I started feeling palpitations and dizziness.

Not sure what to try next because after having no luck with finasteride I thought this could help me.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi again,

I’ve had two microneedling sessions and I’ve been fine. It didn’t hurt as much as I thought. The problem is that after starting minoxidil, I started feeling palpitations and dizziness.

Not sure what to try next because after having no luck with finasteride I thought this could help me.
Are you applying right after needling? Try waiting 24 hours.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi again,

If it didn't hurt much you're probably not doing it deeply or long enough.

hgk23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it make sense to use dermarolling alone without minoxidil? I am on 1mg finasteride

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it didn't hurt much you're probably not doing it deeply or long enough.

Well, I feel it but not to the point of needing to stop immediately. Around 0.8mm and slightly pressing. My scalp looks reddish with a few little blood dots