Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's slow and steady with derma rolling. I've been using it for about 6 months or so. I'm getting new hair, but it takes time.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow is session 5 for me. I also started using minoxidil more than 2x/day this past week. Will try to stick with applying 3x/day.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good deal thanks! So it's similar to the Follica study in regards to depth. Did it mention anything about how many passes to make? Wondering if that is similar to Follica study as well.
Linear passes, lifting the device after every stroke, and with pinpoint bleeding being the endpoint.

I've been doing Follica protocol with the D2 at .75mm from my original hairline to where my hairline is now (bald area) and 1.0mm on top where I still have hair. And doing .5mm on hairline /.75mm where there's hair after it's healed, a few more times before it's time to do the Follica protocol again.
From now on I will also do 0.75mm in the areas with really bad density, and 1mm in the better areas. I am also using LLLT after every needling session.I have been using the D2 for two months now, and I am seeing my hair gradually improve, though I mainly attribute this to minoxidil (>3 months in).

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
LLLT is pure voodoo crap unless you get the real deal at $50K a device and still not sure about results

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LLLT is pure voodoo crap unless you get the real deal at $50K a device and still not sure about results
I respectfully disagree. ;) I have had results from it in the past. I do believe it can be of some benefit to diffuse thinners.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some passages from the Follica patents regarding depth. It reads like the goal is to reach into the dermis, which averages 1.2-1.5mm with a SD of 0.5mm. If you don't get regrowth then you go deeper. You should go deep enough to get pinpoint bleeding.

In some embodiments of the methods described herein, the optimal functional perturbation involves perturbation of the epidermal and dermal layer. In some embodiments, the target depth is 0.8mm. In some embodiments, the perturbation, e.g., the most productive needle strikes, create wound healing deeper in the dermis.

scalp epidermis on average is 35 pm. The full depth in the scalp (dermis and epidermis) is on average -1.2-1.5mm, with a SD of ~0.5mm. Accordlingly, in some embodiments, the target depth, e.g., for perturbation of the skin of the scalp, ranges from about 20 pm to 1,500 pm

In one embodiment, where a desired increase in hair follicles (or activated hair follicles) is not observed, integumental perturbation is repeated but to a greater skin depth, for example, increasing the depth by 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 microns or more.

The occurrence of pinpoint bleeding indicates that the epidermis and portions of the dermis have been removed. Deeper penetration can results in much more bleeding, and the perturbation can go as deep as the hypodermis.

The occurrence of pinpoint bleeding would indicate removal of the stratum corneum, epidermis (or part thereof) and portions of the upper layer of the dermis, such as the superficial papillary dermis. The occurrence of increased bleeding would indicate deeper penetration (and thus perturbation) into the deeper papillary dermis and reticular dermis layer.

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search...wapp1nC?docId=WO2012078649&tab=PCTDESCRIPTION

Use of the needling device is intended to selectively disrupt the dermis in a controlled manner in order to induce follicular neo genesis.

In some embodiments, wounding to blood vessels and nerves is avoided, e.g., through selection of a target depth equal to or less than 0.8 mm or another target depth that avoids perturbation of layers deeper than the dermis.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow is session 5 for me. I also started using minoxidil more than 2x/day this past week. Will try to stick with applying 3x/day.

Topical minoxidil has a 22 hour half life or something, using 3x a day is just more hassle than it is worth but if you don't mind using it more often that is fine i guess.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. ;) I have had results from it in the past. I do believe it can be of some benefit to diffuse thinners.

It's all in your mind but whatever makes you happy is a good thing. Keep going with your space helmet.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course. Saw palmetto, LLLT peppermint oil prp exosomes grow band are all fantastic nocebo. Folks who use those products are still balding and in total denial. It's amazing what the mind can interpret in front of the mirror Too bad when they wake up it's already too late. Take pictures every month and check progress or regress and wake up eventually.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using LLLT for years (on and off), and so I know the difference between how my scalp feels with and without. I used to have one of Overmachogrande’s laser helmets, and it was my hairdresser who remarked that she saw a lot of new hairs coming in after I had started using it. It is not a standalone treatment, and should be used with minoxidil, or finasteride etc.. And I would not recommend it to anyone who does not have diffuse hair loss.

I made the mistake in the past of not fighting DHT with medication, but only using laser and minoxidil, and though I got good results, in the end DHT got me again, and for a variety of reasons, I also more or less stopped minoxidil and laser treatment, only using it sporadically. This ravaged my hair. I have very aggressive hair loss.

In the past I have tried Brotzu lotion (unfortunately), stemoxydine, some bogus expensive stem cell concoction and yes, that was all crap, LLLT is not crap (from my personal experience).
I know the mind can be deceptive, but I always rely on pictures and comments from others for measuring progress/regress.
Sorry for going off-topic in the microneedling thread.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical minoxidil has a 22 hour half life or something, using 3x a day is just more hassle than it is worth but if you don't mind using it more often that is fine i guess.

It having a 22 hour half life does not mean applying more often won't improve results. All it means is the half life is 22 hours.

There was an old post about someone who did not get any results over 5 years applying twice a day. When he started applying 4x/day he got great results.

"Man,its been so long since Ive posted here. I think my last entry was in late 2004 !! Yep,that long ago. I met so many great people here. The reason ive been gone so long is that once I FINALLY found a solution for my hairloss,my life became super active again and I never looked back. I didnd have time to come to hairsite any more.I was no longer depressed. I didnt think it was fair to everyone here who is suffering the way I did If I didnt let you know what finally changed my life. What I did MAY work for you. I feel that I owed it to all of you because if you were anything like me,you were probably told,and you probably red that Rogaine is basically a joke.You have all probably read that Rogaine either works or it doesnt so dont waste your time ever putting on more than the recommended one "bulb" full from your basic sized bottle. Im here to let you know that I too thought Rogaine was a waste of time and full of S$%^. I was wrong,.WHY? Because IF putting on more,or applying more than twice a day isnt a good idea,then why was Rogaine originally sold as 2% but then extra strength 5% Rogaine became the standard? Ill tell you why, because the more you use,the more hair you regain. I used Rogaine at regular dosage for 5 lousy years and it NEVER did a thing. But then,a funny thing happened.... My local Costco started offering 5% Rogaine at insanely cheap,bulk prices so I decided to use it between 4 or 5 times per day. Yeah,yeah I know,"thats a bit crazy isnt it?" Well,No it isnt, Because?... I grew back 90 % of my hair and totally halted any further progression. Im almost 37 years old but now,am always approached by woman because of my confidence and never thought to be a day over 27 0r 28. All in all,my life totally changed and thats why I decided to come back. To Let all of you know that there MAY be hope for you. I didnt want to keep my secret forever,not if it could be used to help my fellow sufferers. I once was JUST like you,reading here at hairsite,feeling crushed. Im telling you,PLEASE take a chance that maybe,just maybe im not full of s#$% and maybe using Rogaine more aggressively will change your life. I know theres a chance that it wont work for you,and im deeply sorry for that but do you really want to live the rest of your life,losing more and more hair as you wonder "maybe I should have given it a shot" "maybe that guy was serious". Take care and Happy Holidays. Warmest regards, J.Z. aka Justin2Rue"

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It having a 22 hour half life does not mean applying more often won't improve results. All it means is the half life is 22 hours.

There was an old post about someone who did not get any results over 5 years applying twice a day. When he started applying 4x/day he got great results.

"Man,its been so long since Ive posted here. I think my last entry was in late 2004 !! Yep,that long ago. I met so many great people here. The reason ive been gone so long is that once I FINALLY found a solution for my hairloss,my life became super active again and I never looked back. I didnd have time to come to hairsite any more.I was no longer depressed. I didnt think it was fair to everyone here who is suffering the way I did If I didnt let you know what finally changed my life. What I did MAY work for you. I feel that I owed it to all of you because if you were anything like me,you were probably told,and you probably red that Rogaine is basically a joke.You have all probably read that Rogaine either works or it doesnt so dont waste your time ever putting on more than the recommended one "bulb" full from your basic sized bottle. Im here to let you know that I too thought Rogaine was a waste of time and full of S$%^. I was wrong,.WHY? Because IF putting on more,or applying more than twice a day isnt a good idea,then why was Rogaine originally sold as 2% but then extra strength 5% Rogaine became the standard? Ill tell you why, because the more you use,the more hair you regain. I used Rogaine at regular dosage for 5 lousy years and it NEVER did a thing. But then,a funny thing happened.... My local Costco started offering 5% Rogaine at insanely cheap,bulk prices so I decided to use it between 4 or 5 times per day. Yeah,yeah I know,"thats a bit crazy isnt it?" Well,No it isnt, Because?... I grew back 90 % of my hair and totally halted any further progression. Im almost 37 years old but now,am always approached by woman because of my confidence and never thought to be a day over 27 0r 28. All in all,my life totally changed and thats why I decided to come back. To Let all of you know that there MAY be hope for you. I didnt want to keep my secret forever,not if it could be used to help my fellow sufferers. I once was JUST like you,reading here at hairsite,feeling crushed. Im telling you,PLEASE take a chance that maybe,just maybe im not full of s#$% and maybe using Rogaine more aggressively will change your life. I know theres a chance that it wont work for you,and im deeply sorry for that but do you really want to live the rest of your life,losing more and more hair as you wonder "maybe I should have given it a shot" "maybe that guy was serious". Take care and Happy Holidays. Warmest regards, J.Z. aka Justin2Rue"
Sounds like one of those bull sh1t salesmen on tv at 2am on some obscure channel.. “not once, twice BUT FOUR TIMES”