Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people should experiment a bit, i know follica have put a lot of money in to seeing what the best approach to needling was but we have people like chen who were rolling twice a day at 1mm and getting great results.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about using natural DHT inhibitors (Pygeum and nettle) in addition to topical minoxidil and dermarolling? I totally uinderstand that the natural approach as a stand alone treatment is not worth it, but may be in combination with this method might be helpful. Comments?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will continue to follow @Jamesdunn 's regimen , the pioneer on these forums for top tier regrowth results

1.5mm Dermaroller once a week HARD (draw small amounts of blood) , with 0.5% Sandalore mixed into minoxidil

fran15

Reaction score
I will continue to follow @Jamesdunn 's regimen , the pioneer on these forums for top tier regrowth results

1.5mm Dermaroller once a week HARD (draw small amounts of blood) , with 0.5% Sandalore mixed into minoxidil

Has this regime worked for you at all? I'm thinking of adding 0.5% Sandalore mixed into Garnier Stemoxydine along with my RU. I already use minoxidil foam and have been microneedling for over a year - really hoping I might get as good results as James did by adding the Sandalore.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, but who knows why they went that route, it could be for precaution reasons. But yeah certainly 2mm every night is to harsh I will get a 1mm as soon as I can

Lol, how about you try a needling session on a scalp which is full of blood and crusts from the previous needling session! Surprised if you don't cause permanent scarring and/or infections!

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, how about you try a needling session on a scalp which is full of blood and crusts from the previous needling session! Surprised if you don't cause permanent scarring and/or infections!
The minimal scarring I have (a few small brown points when I press too hard) are gone 8 hours later. But again, I know right now I'm being too harsh and I will change that

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know to clean scalp from propylene glycol after minoxidil ? i think this thin layer of propyleneglycol may worsen minoxidil absorbtion, so every day i strip off this layer with my fingers(nails), but im tired

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know to clean scalp from propylene glycol after minoxidil ? i think this thin layer of propyleneglycol may worsen minoxidil absorbtion, so every day i strip off this layer with my fingers(nails), but im tired

Any sort of shampoo should be sufficient, to really clean your hair and scalp i recommend osmo clarifying shampoo, it's really harsh though so be sure to conditioner afterwards.

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sort of shampoo should be sufficient, to really clean your hair and scalp i recommend osmo clarifying shampoo, it's really harsh though so be sure to conditioner afterwards.
propylene should be disolved to be washed or not? so shampoo is enough ?

Ramsey A.

My Regimen
Reaction score
After a month and a week of dr pen+minoxidil I see a lot of new hairs in the areas where I was bald ..but they are all thin compare to my old hair ...will the new hairs eventually match the thickness of my old hair ?

Satchel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, but who knows why they went that route, it could be for precaution reasons. But yeah certainly 2mm every night is to harsh I will get a 1mm as soon as I can
The following study involves mice but might shed some light on the answer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4054871/

In regards to hair follicle neogenesis; the triggering of the hair follicle formation doesn't appear to happen until 10-14 days after wounding. And that is in mice. Perhaps they are trying to time the re-wounding during the window that the stem cells need the additional signaling? Their ultimate goal is to program the generic stem cells sent out during epidermis healing into what they need to be for follicle development.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has this regime worked for you at all? I'm thinking of adding 0.5% Sandalore mixed into Garnier Stemoxydine along with my RU. I already use minoxidil foam and have been microneedling for over a year - really hoping I might get as good results as James did by adding the Sandalore.

Yes I think so, I posted some pics a couple pages back. It's all still trial & error. though until I see evidence of something better I'll continue to follow it

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've completely dropped microneedling. Ik sick of my scalp peeling every day and I was starting to lose ground. What I've noticed is sandalore was playing a big part in my regrowth but adding it to my minoxidil bottle was the wrong idea. After a few weeks the sandalore wouldn't be as effective maybe it was the ethanol over time making it ineffective. I've been making good progress lately mixing my sandlore with my minoxidil just before applying it. Will update a photo soon

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've completely dropped microneedling. Ik sick of my scalp peeling every day and I was starting to lose ground. What I've noticed is sandalore was playing a big part in my regrowth but adding it to my minoxidil bottle was the wrong idea. After a few weeks the sandalore wouldn't be as effective maybe it was the ethanol over time making it ineffective. I've been making good progress lately mixing my sandlore with my minoxidil just before applying it. Will update a photo soon

Which sandalore are you using?

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...I've been pretty lax with my dermarolling and minoxidil application. Can't remember the last time I used my dermaroller/pen and I fall asleep on the couch before I've put minoxidil in on a regular basis...
20180410_212219.jpg IMG_20180629_150730 (1).jpg

...i became lazy and stoped my treatment for 2 months, and i lost all my hair pretty quick... will start new experimental treatment...
OzhPndw_d.jpg uWXOeOt_d.jpg

I've completely dropped microneedling... starting to lose ground...
Collage 2019-05-31 20_03_14(2).jpg

SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT DROPPING
I'm continuously blown away by you guys getting HRT-tier results on non-hormone-f**king treatments, just to then proceed dropping / changing your regimens:

I'd give my right arm to get gains remotely resembling your ballpark, and cut off the other one before even considering to skip a single session... XD

Last edited:

Hello43

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, a question about the procedure. I have a Dr Pen A6, just started yesterday on 1.25mm, do you press hard on your scalp as you do it? Obviously it hurts more and goes further in, but I wonder if the 1.25mm setting means that just by placing it normally on your head it’s 1.25mm or you have to press it down hard for it to be 1.25mm.

hopefully that wasn’t too confusing and wordy. Any help would be appreciated

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, a question about the procedure. I have a Dr Pen A6, just started yesterday on 1.25mm, do you press hard on your scalp as you do it? Obviously it hurts more and goes further in, but I wonder if the 1.25mm setting means that just by placing it normally on your head it’s 1.25mm or you have to press it down hard for it to be 1.25mm.

hopefully that wasn’t too confusing and wordy. Any help would be appreciated

I used to just sort of let it glide over my scalp when was using a pen, it tended to get stuck if i applied a lot of pressure. I haven't really needled in a while but im just using a roller these days