Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Jackspratt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I found this post on tressless (reddit's forum for hair loss) earlier today. If you look at his pictures, the results are seriously impressive. This guy has never used finasteride, and had previously tried minoxdil for 2 years with no results. For these results, he apparently would use a dermapen on his entire scalp every 7-10 days, and use minoxodil twice a day. Keep in mind he never had results with minoxdil before this. He has posted 2 threads on reddit about his progress and seems pretty legit. Personally I've dermarolled before but only a handful of times - and never with an electronic pen. Might have to reconsider adding this into my regimen after seeing these results.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/...onth_progress_update_minoxidil_and_dermanpen/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/9lw8bz/how_to_video_microneedling_with_dermapen/
View attachment 101375

After popular request, I’ll summarize the exact procedure you should follow for maximum results. Shoutout to @74775446 who is the person in the above links that started this new hype on dermarolling. I’m basically just repeating his regimen below which I am also following.

1. Purchase an electric needling device such as a Dr. Pen or Derminator. These devices use needling cartridges, which can be used a few times - however I recommend switching the needling cartridge every session, they are very cheap. A dermaroller will also work but it is less effective and a bit harder to use.
2. Before needling, wash your scalp with shampoo. Sanitize the needling cartridge / roller in a basic disinfectant or alcohol, I also run mine under hot water for a minute just to ensure all bacteria and debris is removed.
3. Needle the affected areas accordingly. You should pass each area twice vertically, horizontally, and diagonally for a total of 6 passes. The needling device should be set to 1.5 - 2.0mm. Redness of the skin and even small pin pricks of blood should be visible. Don’t go too hard to where you’re bleeding to the point of it dripping, you could potentially scar your follicles that way.
4. Repeat this procedure every 7-10 days. You need to give your skin time to heal.
5. It is recommended to use minoxidil (rogaine) alongside dermaneedling. Some people are applying minoxidil directly after needling, some wait 24 hours. I personally use it right after needling. You should be applying minoxidil every day at least once a day if you choose to add this in. Starting and stopping minoxidil will likely cause increased shedding if you are not routinely applying it - which is another topic in itself.
6. Yes, it is normal for your scalp to be red / flaky a few days after a session. The redness should not be noticeable after 2 days.

More microneedling results from other users: https://imgur.com/a/9moOBwA

It’s really quite a simple process, no need to overcomplicate or overthink things. If anyone has any other questions that I missed feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll update the FAQ.

Great results shown and it's promising that there doesn't need to be any need for faith to be placed in new and possibly sketchy products-looks like micro penning will do a lot of the work that other developing products claim to be able to achieve-quite a wonderful!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK here is a better before after

This is from March 2017 taken at the hair transplant clinic, you can see diffusing through my mid scalp, no grafts put there however. Just for my hairline
upload_2020-4-10_20-28-3.png

Now this was taken April 2020, diffusion has gone, I tried to part my hair and expose any scalp. A lot better now
upload_2020-4-10_20-31-5.png

This is just how it looks now a days, pretty wavy hair , wish it was straight, atleast I got quite a bit still so not complaining
upload_2020-4-10_20-35-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-10_20-34-0.png
    upload_2020-4-10_20-34-0.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 92

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm back

About less than a year ago I was on here a lot. I had ok growth with minoxidil, needling, finas, vitamin and massage. After 4 months the minoxidil side was too much for me especially terrible skin on my forehead. I thought that I'm happy with gains so decided to stop tropical minoxidil and replace it with zix. After about 4 months of that I've loss about 75% of the gains I had. For a second I didnt think I'll come back to this forum lol. I'm considering trying out low dosage of oral minoxidil hoping the side on that isn't that back. Can those with experience with oral minoxidil chime in.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm back

About less than a year ago I was on here a lot. I had ok growth with minoxidil, needling, finas, vitamin and massage. After 4 months the minoxidil side was too much for me especially terrible skin on my forehead. I thought that I'm happy with gains so decided to stop tropical minoxidil and replace it with zix. After about 4 months of that I've loss about 75% of the gains I had. For a second I didnt think I'll come back to this forum lol. I'm considering trying out low dosage of oral minoxidil hoping the side on that isn't that back. Can those with experience with oral minoxidil chime in.
You didn’t lose those gains from zix, anytime you stop minoxidil your gonna lose the gains it gave you

j4r0d

Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm back

You will experience chest time over time (even at 2.5mg)... been there and now switching back to topical minoxidil.

dsd1984

Reaction score
I have purchased the Dr pen A6 and had my first session 1.5 going in a circular motion in each area for 7 seconds all over. Then reviewing any areas i i feel not red or require more rolling at the end.

I don't want to use Minoxidil sue to the loss in gains if i stop. Never liked it anyway. I am using
Scalp Elixir from Hair guard which has Safflower and dht blockers, I also added some peppermint to it.

Daytime i i would use a redensyl serum and once a week use emu oil mixes with rosemary and peppermint. Along with supplements from that site and vit A and Nettle root.

I feeling my scalp to be less smoother and maybe tiny rough hairs, scalp looks much darker. 3 weeks prior i got a dermaroller which had individual needles, a HUGE difference that was compared to the normal cheap round ones with no angles 1.5. The pen is less painful.

Anybody had luck rolling Minoxidil free? Will post pics after 6 weeks stage with before and after.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Just minoxidil once a day before I sleep, 1.5mm dermaroller once a week until I bleed slightly. No finasteride

Liquid about 4ml all over my scalp once before bed
It is double the recommended daily amount, also the roller could increase absorption. Have you had any side effects?

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, has anyone seen this result? Surely the best result I've seen short of taking transition meds.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/bsoseu/one_year_results_on_big_3_dermaroll_32yo_nw7/

Pretty good. Nothing really special about his routine. He is just on Big 3 / Dermaroll 1.5mm weekly. The one thing that he had going for him is he went from nothing to full on attack mode. Where a lot of us added this ammo slowly overtime so it wasn't as drastic. Either way, great results.

I'm currently doing the same regimen, except doing 1.0mm once every 2 weeks since I've buzzed me head. Not sure which frequency or depth is better at this point... hair hasn't changed much in the last few years.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is double the recommended daily amount, also the roller could increase absorption. Have you had any side effects?

I use a lot because my hair isn't short, I want to make sure my whole scalp makes contact with the minoxidil. When I shaved my head I would use less as hair wasn't hindering the absorption. Side effects I've noticed is a small increase in body hair , nothing really other than that

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
Pretty good. Nothing really special about his routine. He is just on Big 3 / Dermaroll 1.5mm weekly. The one thing that he had going for him is he went from nothing to full on attack mode. Where a lot of us added this ammo slowly overtime so it wasn't as drastic. Either way, great results.

I'm currently doing the same regimen, except doing 1.0mm once every 2 weeks since I've buzzed me head. Not sure which frequency or depth is better at this point... hair hasn't changed much in the last few years.
Yeah, I agree about going all in at once. I think a lot of the body works on a kind of 'weight' of signals, so the switch to start growing is only turned on if growth factors outweigh inhibitors. Balding guys have a constant stream of inhibitors hitting their follicles, so to overcome this, perhaps all at once treatments prevents any adaptation and subsequent down weighting of these growth signals.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK here is a better before after

This is from March 2017 taken at the hair transplant clinic, you can see diffusing through my mid scalp, no grafts put there however. Just for my hairline
View attachment 140607

Now this was taken April 2020, diffusion has gone, I tried to part my hair and expose any scalp. A lot better now
View attachment 140608

This is just how it looks now a days, pretty wavy hair , wish it was straight, atleast I got quite a bit still so not complaining
View attachment 140610

Great progress man!

Your wavy hair is similar to mine, but I have lots of grey on the sides, try using a good organic conditioner and then blow dry your hair only on cool setting while brushing, should help make wavy hair more manageable.