Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

dangilio

Reaction score
hello everyone, I wanted to know if there is someone who has had my side effects with dermaroller and minoxidil. I only did dermaroller 1.5 for about 3 months without any problems then from the fourth month I added minoxidil and rolled with 1.0 dermaoller without bleeding. I noticed good results after 2 months but I had to stop due to dizziness and tingling in my feet. now I do not know these effects may have been caused by the strong stress or by the treatment undertaken so I am here to ask if someone here has experienced the same problems that I am still having about 10 months after the suspension of each treatment.

no one? is there any other people with my sides?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I used VPA for 1.5 years...Along with minoxidil/Tretinoine/adenosine, Dutasteride, Stemoxydine,Nizoral, Dermaroller and Licl. It didn't helped me so i dropped it.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was finally able to get some pics that showed regrowth. Been about 24 hours since I needled with the D2 using the Follica protocol for the 3rd time, every 2 weeks (so 6 weeks now).

I noticed that while my hair still hurts (like when brushing or running my hands through it), the redness wasn't nearly as bad as it was the past 2 times and I know for a fact that I did it the same amount or even more. I do .75mm on the hairline/temples and 1mm on the rest of the scalp.

On the temple shot with the mole circled I also circled new terminal growth. That mole was completely exposed when I originally started needling.

For background, I started needling in November of 2018 1.5mm every week and then switched to daily or EOD at .5mm last fall, mostly for topical absorption as needling didn't seem to be doing a whole lot.

LT.jpg RT1.jpg RT2.jpg

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeated question, but if I have an A6 pen(I think that's the one I have) with 12 needles, how much time would I spend on say the temples? And at what depth/pen speed? I see people talking about 30 minutes sessions, which seems bonkers. My head would explode based on doing 1mm for the past year

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was finally able to get some pics that showed regrowth. Been about 24 hours since I needled with the D2 using the Follica protocol for the 3rd time, every 2 weeks (so 6 weeks now).

I noticed that while my hair still hurts (like when brushing or running my hands through it), the redness wasn't nearly as bad as it was the past 2 times and I know for a fact that I did it the same amount or even more. I do .75mm on the hairline/temples and 1mm on the rest of the scalp.

On the temple shot with the mole circled I also circled new terminal growth. That mole was completely exposed when I originally started needling.

For background, I started needling in November of 2018 1.5mm every week and then switched to daily or EOD at .5mm last fall, mostly for topical absorption as needling didn't seem to be doing a whole lot.

View attachment 139290 View attachment 139291 View attachment 139292

Good stuff, I also started needling around Nov 2018 and nothing much happened. I regrowth. But I wasn’t on Min.

Tonight I did Follica protocol session #2 and I’m feeling pretty confident. I’ve got baby hairs on my hairline - haven’t seen those in YEARS!

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeated question, but if I have an A6 pen(I think that's the one I have) with 12 needles, how much time would I spend on say the temples? And at what depth/pen speed? I see people talking about 30 minutes sessions, which seems bonkers. My head would explode based on doing 1mm for the past year

The 30min sessions are people using the DERMINATOR pen on hair obstructed whole scalp a shaven head with that pen would take about 17mins .
so using a dr pen on low setting of 8000rpm would in theory take 4minutes if head was shaved and you moved at correct pace. The guy who got this working with a cheap generic dr pen was using full speed of 12000 to 18000 rpm and he still took like 14 minutes doing it.
You need 1400 to 1800 needle wounds per square cm of scalp.
Do dr pens have step adjustment for needle depth like 7.5 to 1mm or can you set it inbetween and estimated where 0.8mm would be ?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol the hype train is fully starting up again

minoxidil and needling? who knew haha
How about we approach this with an open mind? I’m not going to exaggerate anything.

For the first time in years I’m excited in the morning to look at my hairline to see the growth coming in as opposed to being depressed about it getting worse.
Could it be minoxidil, yeah of course. But I’ve been using minoxidil since I joined this site & not sure it’s really done anything before.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8 month daily rolling update

Technique: @chen 's daily mild rolling method
(I also used to hard roll every weekend using 2 mm, but I dropped it around 1 month ago. It was too much pain and there seemed to be no additional benefits. 1mm daily rolling alone seemed to do a good job for me so I dropped weekly hard rolling)

Equipment: 1mm dermaroller - 10 mins daily

Result: If keep my hair short - navy cut (20mm - 30mm length), then nobody can tell I am balding. I had massive diffuse loss similar to @arromanus and my head is filled with tiny hairs now.

My biggest regret so far is getting a hair transplant 2 years ago. The surgeon over harvested my donor and designed a terrible hairline. If I had not got a transplant I could literally room around with short hair and nobody would be able to tell I am balding.
Note - If I grow my hair out long, the balding is apparent because the new vellus hair can only grow to a certain length.

I am too lazy to post progress pictures right now (and also worried about my privacy), but I'll consider posting at 1 year mark.
If you want to get an idea of my progress you can check @arromanus 's before and after pics. My hairloss is very similar.

Edit -
Other medicines that I take are listed below.
minoxidil since 4 years - No major improvement. Hair grew back and then fell out shortly after.

finasteride for 2 years then switched to dutasteride.
dutasteride didn't regrow any hair either. After 1 year of no results on dutasteride, I started the daily rolling regimen this year.

So far, I can confidently conclude that daily rolling has had the most impact on my hair growth. This is personal however. Results my differ for other people.

same

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
The 30min sessions are people using the DERMINATOR pen on hair obstructed whole scalp a shaven head with that pen would take about 17mins .
so using a dr pen on low setting of 8000rpm would in theory take 4minutes if head was shaved and you moved at correct pace. The guy who got this working with a cheap generic dr pen was using full speed of 12000 to 18000 rpm and he still took like 14 minutes doing it.
Do dr pens have step adjustment for needle depth like 7.5 to 1mm or can you set it inbetween and estimated where 0.8mm would be ?

I am thinking to buy dr pen m8..it goes with more thin pins than the others dr pen(a6 a7) and minimum cartriges is 16 pin.
What do you think is better to achive 1400 to 1800 wound per square..if i use 32 pins this means more faster..i am wrong?

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. The pen has a dial with .25 increments. I suppose you could estimate between since it's a smooth dial and not segmented. I have hair everywhere else and was just thinking of trying the corners where I have the most loss. I just have no idea what 1400-1800 per cm2 would even look like

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good stuff, I also started needling around Nov 2018 and nothing much happened. I regrowth. But I wasn’t on Min.

Tonight I did Follica protocol session #2 and I’m feeling pretty confident. I’ve got baby hairs on my hairline - haven’t seen those in YEARS!
Sorry to ask, but why is the protocol? Are u needling daily? And using min?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the new follica protocol? Daily or weekly needling? And at what depth? Hard to keep up lol