Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are actually castor oil pills, Now brand for one off the top of my head. It also has fennel in it, so it is obviously meant to be a laxative. But a single pill or two per day is not necessarily going to have this effect. I'm just not sure that oral in addition to topical is really necessary. Castor oil is not a cooking oil, hence 'not edible,' but argan and emu oil are edible. These two are extremely penetrative and do not clog pores. About an hour after applying to the skin they leave not a trace of oil. Therefore either or both of these work as a carrier for castor oil (which itself is generally used as a carrier oil). I'd recommend using castor this way simply because it doesn't absorb well and will increase the oiliness of the hair a bit, possibly making the scalp more visible. But people do grow hair with this stuff, or at least improve existing hair.

For a certain type of protocol centered around prostaglandins castor oil has a place. It's not going to be for every guy, just as minoxidil causes regrowth for some and does just north of jack sh*t for about half of its users. Some guys respond fantastically to PGE2 protocols, others seem to absolutely require to go after DHT directly as opposed to indirectly.
I have never seen such results from topical castor oil compared to oral. Castor oil is 900 daltons. Its a miracle that thing penetrates the skin even at all. And i have used DMSO with castor oil which is the best penetrator available.
The only difference i see is that topical castor oil was growing small hairs on my bald temples, while that did not happen on oral. But i was derma rolling on topical and wasnt on oral so that might have been a factor.

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What i can for this bald spot on temples? Is Oral castor oil good prefer? I dont want use min.

Im just dermaroller 1mm weekly but alone dermaroller dont be anything.

Attachments

• 20200224_015913.jpg
    20200224_015913.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 393
  • PicsArt_02-14-11.22.44.jpg
    PicsArt_02-14-11.22.44.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 435

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still fairly new to needling but what brand dr pen would you guys recommend? My hair is longish and the roller hurts like sh*t and gets hair tangled. I’ve been using zix and a growth Syrun from the ordinary.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never seen such results from topical castor oil compared to oral. Castor oil is 900 daltons. Its a miracle that thing penetrates the skin even at all. And i have used DMSO with castor oil which is the best penetrator available.
The only difference i see is that topical castor oil was growing small hairs on my bald temples, while that did not happen on oral. But i was derma rolling on topical and wasnt on oral so that might have been a factor.

So in other words wounding + oil = hair growth just like I always say.

Do we actually think oral castor oil is more efficacious (and not just easier in practice)? I'd like to see results posts, anyone got links?

I've got a cold pressed organic one that seems to be high quality. I suppose you take 20 drops (= 1 ml) and I guess drop it into a glass of water?

Last edited:

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still fairly new to needling but what brand dr pen would you guys recommend? My hair is longish and the roller hurts like sh*t and gets hair tangled. I’ve been using zix and a growth Syrun from the ordinary.

Th Ultima A6 is the best one out now I believe. It goes up to a higher RPM than the other one that is barely cheaper. Go with the A6.

No point cheaping out on this in my view. Frankly I would've paid $400 maybe for a device that allows me to do dermatologist work on myself and grow hair.

I'll spring for a beefier model if one comes out in a year. The A6 works great. There is an annoying thing with the mm dial where it seems like it's stuck or something. I guess have to set it on 0 mm, put the needle on, turn it on, and then finally dial it to the mm length you want.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So in other words wounding + oil = hair growth just like I always say.

Do we actually think oral castor oil is more efficacious (and not just easier in practice)? I'd like to see results posts, anyone got links?

I've got a cold pressed organic one that seems to be high quality. I suppose you take 20 drops (= 1 ml) and I guess drop it into a glass of water?
Oral castor oil was more efficient for me. But i think if castor oil didnt have 900 daltons it would be better topically.
I use a syringe to dose 6ml of the oil and just put that into my mouth, and chug it down with cola.
Literally no one uses castor oil religiously. You wont find any documented results

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone seen this video, this dude was able to regrow his receding hairline by just dermarolling for a year.

Pretty impressive.
Hard to judge wether his hair as improved at all. This video is literally the best lighting for the hair, and that old picture from him is literally the worst angle and lighting for hair.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am super interested to see if those who regrew hair using the wounding and minoxidil if they stopped and would at least maintain some of their gains for a while.

my reasoning is minoxidil increases VEGF. This results in either two things. The vessels dilate and leak. Or new veins are actually grown. But for that to happen wounding needs to happen. So if minoxidil and wounding is happening there should be some long lasting affect.

I may try this on one temple. I will get a foam minoxidil so i can keep the minoxidil application in one area. And dermaroll once every 2 weeks at 2mm.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral castor oil was more efficient for me. But i think if castor oil didnt have 900 daltons it would be better topically.
I use a syringe to dose 6ml of the oil and just put that into my mouth, and chug it down with cola.
Literally no one uses castor oil religiously. You wont find any documented results
Castor oil makes me gag!

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am super interested to see if those who regrew hair using the wounding and minoxidil if they stopped and would at least maintain some of their gains for a while.

my reasoning is minoxidil increases VEGF. This results in either two things. The vessels dilate and leak. Or new veins are actually grown. But for that to happen wounding needs to happen. So if minoxidil and wounding is happening there should be some long lasting affect.

I may try this on one temple. I will get a foam minoxidil so i can keep the minoxidil application in one area. And dermaroll once every 2 weeks at 2mm.

Castor oil makes me gag!

Don't buy cheap crap, especially if you're gonna take it orally on a regular basis. You need to get organic cold pressed oil. The one I have hardly has any flavor, just an aftertaste that is metallic and glue-like. Goes away with one drink. There are a couple products in pill form on Amazon too.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't buy cheap crap, especially if you're gonna take it orally on a regular basis. You need to get organic cold pressed oil. The one I have hardly has any flavor, just an aftertaste that is metallic and glue-like. Goes away with one drink. There are a couple products in pill form on Amazon too.

What ml of castor oil do you take?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

I did get a good one.. Now foods or something, cold pressed.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What ml of castor oil do you take?

20 drops are in a ml, and a full draw of a standard dropper syringe is about 20 drops. So I started by putting two draws on a spoon and eating it. I did this last night and this morning and digestively speaking this didn't affect me at all.

I am typically not that responsive to laxatives. Some people might indeed blow their asses out from one spoon of this stuff. But most likely you will be unaffected by the hair growth dose. If you look at Amazon comments for castor oil pills, some people complain that you need to take a large portion of the entire bottle for the blowout dose. Others who use the pills chronically freeze the pills so as to slow digestion and bypass some of the laxative effect. They suppose that this might allow the oil and its compounds to reach the lower parts of the GI.

The pills on Amazon are about 700mg. I would think you'd need maybe 3 of those for a therapeutic dose, perhaps, if your goal is see if you can grow some hair and also rid your GI of candida and parasites. This is what I'm doing, only I tend to think liquid might be a better way to go because the pills are not a good size and NOW brand at least also has fennel, which I don't really want. What you want is the ricinoleic acid and the PGE2 boost.

I did get a good one.. Now foods or something, cold pressed.

My dropper of castor oil is another Amazon product. It came in 1 oz bottle and is clear whereas drug store castor oil in a plastic bottle for $4.99 usually has a brassy tint. These Amazon products are generally not marketed as food grade — rather as eyebrow and temple treatment for women — but I mean 'organic cold pressed and hexane free' seems good enough to eat doesn't it?

The products traditionally called simply 'CASTOR OIL' in big nondescript bottles which were always used for laxative reasons were probably of a worse quality, are not organic, and probably not cold pressed, but they have however gone through the bureaucracy getting the FDA stamp for internal use. Granted these were used ad hoc, not daily. We're using it daily, so I mean if you're going to consume a non-cooking oil such as this for an extended period, you should probably spring a bit. There are surely some specifically food grade castor oils out there at a higher price/quality point. Maybe these taste bad? I don't know; I've only tasted the one I have and it is quite subtle.

Last edited:

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor oil has a yellow-ish colour naturally. I'd ask myself what did they do to the oil and exspecially the ricinoleic acid to make the oil clear.
I notice some very very minor laxative effects on 6ml per day. My stool is not as hard as usually. Thats about it.
I make sure to drink the oil after a large meal though

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to shave my head again, rolling and maintenance in general is so much easier with a bald head lol

Anyone else notice excess body hair growth since needling & minoxidil? I have hair growing on the back of my hands looking like a werewolf now. not ideal.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
a 9 needle is 25% less holes than 12 so your need even longer.i use 1mm because i have alot of hair but probs better using 0.75 on smooth areas
i think it works out at 5 seconds for each square cm with a d2 but this is hard to do you self so i just been drawing a 4cm2 elliptic circle for 20ish seconds then another next to that again and again all over till i done my whole norward area and 2cm in to the donor zone. then i polish off with quick set of circles all over focussing on any wheres that dont feel raw and like its on fire so 17 mins non stop whole scalp will be 21 mins with a 9 pin at 25hz i could be doing it all wrong so who knows but everything you need to know is in this thread here
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...croneedling-protocol-patent-disclosed.126994/

thanks. I did session last night. i spent 7 min each on the crown, mid-scalp, and front. I'm not following a particular pattern of motion, or spending x seconds on a point before moving on the next square cm. I'm just gliding the instrument across my scalp in a circular motion, the size of said circle approx 3-4 cm diameter.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
it would be useful to hear from anyone that achieved significant results as a result of CHANGING the protocol. we already know there are plenty of people who respond to micro needling

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
it would be useful to hear from anyone that achieved significant results as a result of CHANGING the protocol. we already know there are plenty of people who respond to micro needling
dont worry I have needled for 1,2 years weekly 2mm with minimal results, I have changed to new protocol 1 month ago I will say if I get new results.