Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, should have been more clear, i am already taking oral minoxidil, been taking it since last october. Just not sure if i can ditch the topical and just dermaroll and take 10mg oral minoxidil instead. I was on it for about 3 or 4 months before i added dermarolling and topical, maybe i should have waited longer to see the results from oral. Im alright with my hair just now when it's dry and combed carefully, could use a lot more density though.
Im very very sure that oral minoxidil is much much stronger than topical. I dont really see the point of using topical

Svensvin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good alternative to minoxodil? i've heard rosemary oil might be beneficial and do the same job as minoxdil. Other suggestion to a topical alternative would be much appreciated..

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good alternative to minoxodil? i've heard rosemary oil might be beneficial and do the same job as minoxdil. Other suggestion to a topical alternative would be much appreciated..
Castor oil
Fenugreek
Zix
Of course they have different mechanisms and approach

myke_hair09

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had started with microneedling only since mid-May but I saw no effectiveness, it was from the two months after adding the massages that I notice improvement in my hair. I have thinnig hair (still decent while combing) and I think I am regaining thickness.

I have been doing 20-minute daily massages on the entire scalp (pinching, pressure and stretching) and 1.5 microneedling every two weeks (with two days of rest for the massage).

I also take zinc capsules with copper and vitamin B12 three times a week, and I go out in the sun about 20 minutes a day for vitamin D, (the latter is also important for hair growth).

I hope to see a more significant regrowth to March next year.

Last edited:

AlwaysSouth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its literally impossible to say. Too many people do too many different things and everyone still gets results from every group.
We had people who:

-Raped their scalps once every few weeks
-Raped their scalps once a week
-Raped their scalps every single day
-b**ch rolled their scalps once a week
-b**ch rolled their scalps everyday
"raping" meaing going deep with a bleeding scalp, and "b**ch rolling" is just some redness
and theres atleast some people in each group who got results. Same goes with studies, all done very differently in aspect to needling.

I rape needled my scalp once a week and got results, but its too slow. Way too slow for me to consider my way of doing it, to be most effective. Thats just me though, it worked for other people. Its why im going to change up the needling protocol.

Also i found a barely talked-about theory about hairloss from a youtuber and i've been doing it for the past month, and ca. 2-3 weeks into it i noticed some of the most sudden hair growth i have ever seen in the past 10 months. Im going to watch my scalp for the next few weeks to really be sure its this new method.
I started doing it because my DUTA ran out and i ordered a new batch for like 200$. Customs kept it, so im kinde fucked in that regard. So i cant take that anymore and im basically left with needling alone. So i was looking for something else and stumbled upon this video:

This guy spends a sh*t ton of time researching hairloss prevention so i like to watch his videos. I jumped into this (10ml per day) without any expectations and holy sh*t suddenly saw my hairline visibly improving. I dont want to make any claims, thats why im going to keep watching my hairline and see if things get even better, to make sure its actually the castor oil.
I mean everyone knows about castor oil and how it increases PGE 2. Some scientists think that its how minoxidil grows hair. But ive never actually seen anyone who tried taking it orally.

Just saw its oral. Something to look before long-term use

Like any stimulant laxative, castor oil shouldn’t be taken in the long term. Over time, it can reduce the muscle tone in your intestines and lead to chronic constipation. If you continue to have constipation, see your doctor.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
for what it's worth, I've been ONLY needlin' for the past 10-11 months, irregularly (every 10-20 days), at first with 1 mm, only gentle press, then 1.5 mm more firm press, and very recently 2 mm, hard pressing, no finasteride (but I'm thinking about getting on it if I can find a online source), no minoxidil, no nothing else.

This is my right temple, as good as I could have photographed it. Unfortunately, I don't have the before pic, but I am 100% that these hairs to the right of the red line didn't exist a year ago, especially the flimsy looking ones near the top. Also the area to the left is more dense than before.

I know it's not huge or very cosmetic improvement, but means something to me, I'm thinking about starting finasteride now (it's really hard to do minoxidil for me), in order to see bigger gains. My top is VERY thin btw.

btw2 - is there a chance needling reverses grey hair? Cause most of these new hairs that grew are colored, just curious...

IMG-1.jpg

Last edited:

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for what it's worth, I've been ONLY needlin' for the past 10-11 months, irregularly (every 10-20 days), at first with 1 mm, only gentle press, then 1.5 mm more firm press, and very recently 2 mm, hard pressing, no finasteride (but I'm thinking about getting on it if I can find a online source), no minoxidil, no nothing else.

This is my right temple, as good as I could have photographed it. Unfortunately, I don't have the before pic, but I am 100% that these hairs to the right of the red line didn't exist a year ago, especially the flimsy looking ones near the top. Also the area to the left is more dense than before.

I know it's not huge or very cosmetic improvement, but means something to me, I'm thinking about starting finasteride now (it's really hard to do minoxidil for me), in order to see bigger gains. My top is VERY thin btw.

btw2 - is there a chance needling reverses grey hair? Cause most of these new hairs that grew are colored, just curious...

View attachment 130864
Even with that cropped picture i can see you have a perfect NW1 Hairline.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I didn't, and shedding stopped after 2 or 3 months
Did you begin zix right around the time you changed your diet? Diet is linked to hairloss and inflammation for many so maybe its more so the effect of changing your diet I know if I eat dairy and wheat and gluten my hairloss 10x and scalp inflammation is off the charts.

myke_hair09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another anecdote supporting the massage angle. Getting really interesting, who would've thought...

@AlwaysSouth Thanks for the warning.

A very important fact in the cases of success in which I have been inspired: it is vitally important to take a blood test, not have any deficiency of vitamins and minerals (vitamind, zinc and iron), and an adequate technique of mechanotherapy in ALL THE SCALP (or at less up to the height of the tip of ears and also covering the back part).

And a scientific evidence for scalp massage (or at least as close to that): https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13555-019-0281-6.

WantHairRegrowth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I am using a 1,5 mm dermaroller once a week after showering when my hair dry. Then I dermaroll so that my bold spots on my scalp gets red. About one hour after that I apply minoxil foam. It really hurts when I apply Minoxil. Is this dangerous? Thanks in advance for answers.

Could you guys please share your input on this?

stillwaters

Reaction score
Finally got a good enough camera to take a progress pic. As you'll see, you can see the few very dark hairs that used to make up my hairline, and many smaller growing hairs beginning to fill in.

I'm 37, have been balding since early 20's. Have been on and off minoxidil the entire time. Started derma-rolling about a year and a half ago. Switched to derminator about a year ago at 1.5 once a week / minoxidil 2x a day and results seem to start accelerating.

IPrToNk.jpg

MMjFOBT

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you guys please share your input on this?
No i dont think so.
Protip: Apply minoxidil before you needle. Wait 2 hours, wash off the minoxidil, THEN do your needling. Minoxidil just needs to be absorbed by the skin and 2 hours is plenty enough. You dont need to leave that sh*t on your skin for the entire night

Last edited:

myke_hair09

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 130864

Somewhere I read of another case in which gray hair also reversed, if microneedling works, it's like killing two birds with one stone.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know how many of you guys are trying oral minoxidil in conjunction with the needling, but I've been having fantastic results and just wanted to report back.

Some history - I have been on topical minoxidil for about six years, with the gains plateauing after about one and a half years. I started micro needling about two months ago to see if this would help, and it did very little for shedding, but seemed to make existing hairs healthier.

2.5 weeks ago I got my oral minoxidil in the mail and started taking 1.5mg in the morning and at 5pm. Pretty much within a week I could tell that the existing hair was becoming marginally more dense because I wasn't losing as much in the shower. Plus the hairs have more life to them. I'm going to keep on with the oral and eventually incrementally increase dosage as needed.

As a side note, I have no idea why people are starting with such high doses as 5mg and 10mg. This is retarded. You want to find the lowest possible where you see benefits so as not to become tolerant, and to mitigate sides.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know how many of you guys are trying oral minoxidil in conjunction with the needling, but I've been having fantastic results and just wanted to report back.

Some history - I have been on topical minoxidil for about six years, with the gains plateauing after about one and a half years. I started micro needling about two months ago to see if this would help, and it did very little for shedding, but seemed to make existing hairs healthier.

2.5 weeks ago I got my oral minoxidil in the mail and started taking 1.5mg in the morning and at 5pm. Pretty much within a week I could tell that the existing hair was becoming marginally more dense because I wasn't losing as much in the shower. Plus the hairs have more life to them. I'm going to keep on with the oral and eventually incrementally increase dosage as needed.

As a side note, I have no idea why people are starting with such high doses as 5mg and 10mg. This is retarded. You want to find the lowest possible where you see benefits so as not to become tolerant, and to mitigate sides.
Thats the oral. Oral minoxidil is one of the strongest hairloss medications you can take. Probably the strongest