Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think you are more legitimate to talk about hairloss because you are balder than I am? I am not stating any opinion on hairloss medication, just giving feedback from my personal experience. Why are you so aggressive man?

I will update on the results, and check with the Doctor what he suggests (I can already see the good old topical fina discussion coming back on the table). For the record, I have before/after pictures as I had sent photos of my hairline to the clinic prior to our first appointment a year ago. Although lighting might not be ideal as these were taken in my bathroom, I will post them (on the dedicated thread) if blood tests do not reveal another explanation for oral minoxidil inefficience.
I do not believe you even have hairloss. I didnt know it was a thing befire i came to this forum, but there are actually people with the most intact, strongest and most lucious head of hairs who genuinly believe they have hairloss, take several medications and have like 300+ posts here.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for what it's worth, I've been ONLY needlin' for the past 10-11 months, irregularly (every 10-20 days), at first with 1 mm, only gentle press, then 1.5 mm more firm press, and very recently 2 mm, hard pressing, no finasteride (but I'm thinking about getting on it if I can find a online source), no minoxidil, no nothing else.

This is my right temple, as good as I could have photographed it. Unfortunately, I don't have the before pic, but I am 100% that these hairs to the right of the red line didn't exist a year ago, especially the flimsy looking ones near the top. Also the area to the left is more dense than before.

I know it's not huge or very cosmetic improvement, but means something to me, I'm thinking about starting finasteride now (it's really hard to do minoxidil for me), in order to see bigger gains. My top is VERY thin btw.

btw2 - is there a chance needling reverses grey hair? Cause most of these new hairs that grew are colored, just curious...

View attachment 130864
Thanks for sharing.
How painful is 2 mm, hard pressing for you?
I find it very painful hard pressing 1.5mm

Having you been needling other parts of your scalp? Any results there?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil inhib collagen synthesis. This results in horrible skin over time :wrinkles, dark circles, very bad skin texture ect.

Topical minoxidil is often too weak to cause this (it still can cause this in some people), but oral minoxidil is very potent, and its potential for collagen demolition is very high.

For hair regrow, oral minoxidil is probably the most powerful weapon we have. But it has cost, and this cost is high
So where do YOU get it and what about just facial needling to counter wrinkles.

I need to get chiseled so that whatever puffiness I get is minimal.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
They say avoid finasteride if you’re trying to get pregnant.

Would that be the same for oral Min?

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
How painful is 2 mm, hard pressing for you?
I find it very painful hard pressing 1.5mm

Having you been needling other parts of your scalp? Any results there?

Thanks for asking, VERY painful, I tend to sing or scream a bit :D
Yes, I am needling the whole top, but results there are really hard to tell, because there is still hair there,
so nothing major then, but clearly visible on the temples. I will definitely do it more often now, and hopefully include
finasteride or oral min or something else...

PS
@Moosey pls stop arguing with that guy, it usually leads to nothing, just poisoning probably the best thread here.

Ezekiel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
So where do YOU get it and what about just facial needling to counter wrinkles.

I need to get chiseled so that whatever puffiness I get is minimal.

I don't know if dermaneedling is powerful enough to counter the potential of skin demolition of oral minoxidil to be honest. Saw a guy commenting about skin damage caused by too much topical minoxidil. He tried tretinoin and needling to counter skin effects, but he said it did nothing for him

I still think that anybody who takes minoxidil must take collagen supplements with vitamin c. Tretinoin is a must too

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if dermaneedling is powerful enough to counter the potential of skin demolition of oral minoxidil to be honest. Saw a guy commenting about skin damage caused by too much topical minoxidil. He tried tretinoin and needling to counter skin effects, but he said it did nothing for him

I still think that anybody who takes minoxidil must take collagen supplements with vitamin c. Tretinoin is a must too
Are you using minoxidil? How is your results holding up with zix and dermarolling?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How do you even get tretinoin? Without prescription? sh*t seems really expensive wherever you look.

Would a combo of Vitamin C, Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid work just as good?

Then just take collagen supplements? Maybe needle once every month

it's important not to sleep with minoxidil on your head. It can easily get on your pillow and then on your face. Just shower before bed. That's what I usually do.

Ezekiel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using minoxidil? How is your results holding up with zix and dermarolling?

No I don't use minoxidil because of heart palpitations this sh*t gives me. But I know the skin side effects of minoxidil, it destroyed one of my friend's face in like 1 year. It's real, it's no joke and definitely not "in people's heads".

I don't loose hair anymore with dermaroller and zix, but I am only 21

Last edited:

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not dermarolling, and I looked for a "Minoxidil FAQ" thread to pose this question in but couldn't find one. I started using 5% minoxidil about 3 weeks ago, and started noticing increased shedding after just 2 weeks or so (no, I'm not imagining it, and it's not due to other causes). Can anyone tell me if hairs shed due to minoxidil always come back later, or if they sometimes never return? I'm quite worried given the loss I've seen in just a few weeks of use. Thanks.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score

I keep saying how fast the effort of minoxidil on my face even when I use it sparingly but there's guys that say I'm tripping. I'm desperate for regrowth so I'm still using it couple of times a week but I use retinol often along with collagen to lessen the affect.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not dermarolling, and I looked for a "Minoxidil FAQ" thread to pose this question in but couldn't find one. I started using 5% minoxidil about 3 weeks ago, and started noticing increased shedding after just 2 weeks or so (no, I'm not imagining it, and it's not due to other causes). Can anyone tell me if hairs shed due to minoxidil always come back later, or if they sometimes never return? I'm quite worried given the loss I've seen in just a few weeks of use. Thanks.
In most cases, yes. Heres the problem with shedding though: If healthy hairs shed, they'll just come without any change.
But when you have male pattern baldness, those hairs that are damaged by male pattern baldness are very sensitive to shedding. Meaning, shedding on those male pattern baldness areas will make the hairloss worse. Theres some unfortunate people like me where the shedding from minoxidil was so freakin massive, that it accelerated my hairloss by like 1 year or probably much more. It completely devestated my hair. I dont know if that happens to everyone, but if your hairloss is rather advanced and the shedding is too strong, i'd be careful. Personally i aborted the treatment because the shedding was just too crazy.

Anyways, its been 2 weeks for ya. Expect more shedding to come

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i was balding since 2017 in a very aggressive diffuse pattern. I am 21 years old

Tried minoxidil during 2 weeks but stopped because of horrible sides (cardiovascular and low bp). Tried finasteride after that, failed too because of sexual sides effects.

Chose to try Zix as a replacement of Finasteride and dermastamp as a replacement of Minoxidil. Shedding is almost zero today. Regrew lot of hair

I began zix and needling in November 2017. I apply Zix 2 times a day on average. I dermaroller weekly with 2mm and almost daily with 1mm
Great results, did you notice any changes at hairline too? Also, what kind of zix are you using? I saw earlier you wrote you're not using alcohol in yours - are you doing the zix with Worm's zinc/B6 proportions? Or just the classic zix formula from Joe?

Noobie

Reaction score
I guess at 21 Years old, you could be the less than 2-5% users at the top responder. It could entirely be DermaRolling as well. 2mm does seems a Very painful procedure.

I myself am 40 years old and been balding for 20 + years. Was Norwood 4 two years ago. Dermarolling and Using Minoxidilmax Dual finasteride+Min 15% no PG for last 6 months,
Have thicken massively in the middle and near the front.
However my frontal Bald spot still there.View attachment 130643

Where did you buy the Minoxidilmax Dual finasteride+Min 15% no PG?? I can’t find it anywhere!

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been wounding at least once every other week for over 6 months with minoxidil, no results and I'm not sure why but I barely bleed when I wound even with a 2mm derma pen. I'm not a bloodthirsty maniac but the lack of blood flow can't be good surely, could this be down to fibrosis and does anybody else experience the same?
still no bleeding at all? at 2mm? thats really weird

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I don't use minoxidil because of heart palpitations this sh*t gives me. But I know the skin side effects of minoxidil, it destroyed one of my friend's face in like 1 year. It's real, it's no joke and definitely not "in people's heads".

I don't loose hair anymore with dermaroller and zix, but I am only 21

What you mean it destroyed his face?

My dermatologist prescribed me oral minoxidil but im only at week 4.

Never heard about the skin side affects.