Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys have to start trying it more frequently throughout the week at a lower setting like 1.0 mm or even 0.75 as long as you get red skin. I've been doing this recently 5 times a week like @arromanus was doing and so many tiny hairs have showed up on my hairline in just a couple of weeks.

After this I did more research and this doctor who is one of the best in the world in his knowledge of microneedling said that this process itself is supposed to do these three things.

1. Increase the absorption of the topical.
2. Stimulate growth factors and skin recovery.
3. Upregulation of genes.

Dr. Lance Setterfield is the one I'm talking about here.

https://www.needlingguide.com/wp-co...of-Genes-at-the-Dermal-Epidermal-Junction.pdf

According to him, doing this more often is very much worth a try as long as you achieve "erythema of the skin" and apply a topical afterwards and not before. In his research doing it more times a week ended up being better when compared to doing it with longer periods of no needling in between.

I know you guys will look at these pictures and say that these are skin problems and not hair problems but you can't deny that many here who needled almost everyday got MAGICAL results. This is worth a try.

Last edited:

kirklandism

Reaction score
You guys have to start trying it more frequently throughout the week at a lower setting like 1.0 mm or even 0.75 as long as you get red skin. I've been doing this recently 5 times a week like @arromanus was doing and so many tiny hairs have showed up on my hairline in just a couple of weeks.

After this I did more research and this doctor who is one of the best in the world in his knowledge of microneedling said that this process itself is supposed to do these three things.

https://www.needlingguide.com/wp-co...of-Genes-at-the-Dermal-Epidermal-Junction.pdf

According to him, doing this more often is very much worth a try as long as you achieve "erythema of the skin" and apply a topical afterwards and not before. In his research doing it more times a day ended up being better when compared to doing it with longer periods of no needling in between.

I know you guys will look at these pictures and say that these are skin problems and not hair problems but you can't deny that many here who needled almost everyday got MAGICAL results. This is worth a try.

I read the paper. He didn't microneedle multiple times a DAY, but multiple times a WEEK.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is king for regrow, it's way more powerful than topical. There is a lot of testimonies of topical minoxidil not working for some guys, but oral works incredible for them

Do you have enormous dark circles with it too? When did you started and at what dosage?

That's a shame minoxidil has that much shitty sides because it's an amazing tool for regrowth imo

No, just a couple of new wrinkles.

I'm not so sure about effectiveness. Maybe it is, maybe it's not, I think it, depends on person to person, but sides are overall much worse on oral. So it's a tradeoff.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys have....

I heard the reason why derma rolling works is because it causes inflammation of the skin, which in return makes your body produce prostaglandines, hence the regrowth. It would make sense, considering the fact that people get results with 0.5mm, but even with 1.5mm you are not even close to reaching your actual hair follicles.

On the other hand, it is believed that needling improves and regenerates the skin around the follicles, causing follicle neogenesis. Why would the skin around the follicle matter? Because its believed that androgens or hairloss in general cause genetic changes in your scalp, further worsening the hairloss and causing a envinronment for your follicles that make them prone to fall out. If thats true, it would be better to needle deeper into the skin.

Or maybe, we need to go 3-4mm deep into the skin, and actually wound the follicles itself. No one has ever tried that, as far as i know.

Last edited:

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard the reason why derma rolling works is because it causes inflammation of the skin, which in return makes your body produce prostaglandines, hence the regrowth. It would make sense, considering the fact that people get results with 0.5mm, but even with 1.5mm you are not even close to reaching your actual hair follicles.

On the other hand, it is believed that needling improves and regenerates the skin around the follicles, causing follicle neogenesis. Why would the skin around the follicle matter? Because its believed that androgens or hairloss in general cause genetic changes in your scalp, further worsening the hairloss and causing a envinronment for your follicles that make them prone to fall out. If thats true, it would be better to needle deeper into the skin.

Or maybe, we need to go 3-4mm deep into the skin, and actually wound the follicles itself. No one has ever tried that, as far as i know.

I microneedle multiple times a week and after a month and using a usb microscope I noticed in existing strong hair follicles new ones were forming and growing with the strong follicle, because I I likely triggered new hair cell neogenesis that started growing from the good blood supply of the “host” follicle turning a single hair follicle into a double and so on.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dutasteride shed ended. My hair has thickened considerably. I have stopped microneedling for a month, taking a break. My oral minoxidil is arriving next week. I will be off microneedling for another month. Will update you guys on whether stopping microneedling will induce a shed.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I microneedle multiple times a week and after a month and using a usb microscope I noticed in existing strong hair follicles new ones were forming and growing with the strong follicle, because I I likely triggered new hair cell neogenesis that started growing from the good blood supply of the “host” follicle turning a single hair follicle into a double and so on.
Have you looked at your hairs before as a comparison? Or does it just look like something is happening?
Minoxidil?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is king for regrow, it's way more powerful than topical. There is a lot of testimonies of topical minoxidil not working for some guys, but oral works incredible for them

Do you have enormous dark circles with it too? When did you started and at what dosage?

That's a shame minoxidil has that much shitty sides because it's an amazing tool for regrowth imo
Why is it not more commonly used if that is the case?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s more likely? That people have stopped posting because they gave up, or stopped posting because they were getting such great results and didn’t need to come here anymore?

Both happen, but there's always new baldies to take their place.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, just a couple of new wrinkles.

I'm not so sure about effectiveness. Maybe it is, maybe it's not, I think it, depends on person to person, but sides are overall much worse on oral. So it's a tradeoff.

This gets more confusing by the day as I was reading the opposite about sides. Are you meaning some of the sides for you specifically?

I also hope it will mean less chance of shedding.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This gets more confusing by the day as I was reading the opposite about sides. Are you meaning some of the sides for you specifically?

I also hope it will mean less chance of shedding.

Oral is stronger, both for sides and effectiveness. It has a much shorter half life though, so you'll still want to use the topical.

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dutasteride shed ended. My hair has thickened considerably. I have stopped microneedling for a month, taking a break. My oral minoxidil is arriving next week. I will be off microneedling for another month. Will update you guys on whether stopping microneedling will induce a shed.
Where did you get oral minoxidil?

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score

According to him, doing this more often is very much worth a try as long as you achieve "erythema of the skin" and apply a topical afterwards and not before. In his research doing it more times a week ended up being better when compared to doing it with longer periods of no needling in between.

sounds intresting to me...i think i will try this for 2 month.. every 3 day 1mm microneedling for 15 min...

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been doing x1 min a day and almost weekly 1.5 mm needling (pen) for 3 months. There is only velus hair in front, they are not turning terminal. f**k, I hoped this would work for at least 1-2 years till new treatment comes out. it's over for me.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months using Min and weekly dermarolling and im seeing regrowth, I believe. Left temple is slowly filling in, right temple slowly too. Also, noticing dark small hairs similar to the guy on the previous page on my temporal points, of course its probably the min but I press hard on them when rolling and I truly feel its helping.

Ill update with photos soon. Have baseline pics in my story section.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20191105_124054.jpg
20191105_124425.jpg
20191105_124002.jpg

Top image is right temple. Check out the dark hairs growing around temporal points. They're new and getting stronger.

I dont even remember my temporal points having hair there! Long may it continue.

Bottom image is left side hairline. That was thinning fast but it looks like better now.