Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using Rogain Forte. I’m using the pump. The recommendation is to pump 6 times (1 ml) but since a lot is getting stuck in the hair I pump like 15-18 times across the scalp. Then I just massage it to the skin.

I did shed a little after a couple of weeks, but not even close to slick bald. I did notice that I had less hair after a couple of weeks, but the difference from the start wasn’t that big really.
what do u do with ur hair after some of the minoxidil is on ur hair and makes it greasy? u cant wash it off right? does it look like u styled it with gel or smth?

ErikW

My Regimen
Reaction score
what do u do with ur hair after some of the minoxidil is on ur hair and makes it greasy? u cant wash it off right? does it look like u styled it with gel or smth?

In the morning I’m applying it at 4:45 am (I set the alarm, applying it and then going to bed again) and then I wash it off at 6:45 am. In the evening I’m applying it when I come home from work and gym and let it stay on the scalp until 4:45 am. During weekends I’m applying it when I wake up around 9 am and then I let it stay on the scalp until the evening as long as I’m not going out. Because then I wash it off before styling my hair. I never style my hair or leave my home with minoxidil on the scalp since it makes my hair look greasy.

Last edited:

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks!

I am surprised as well but unlike others I take my time with the session and go over my whole scalp for 30 minuets give or take some minutes, as most I think are going for 5-10 minuets, now, I’m not wounding too hard but press reasonably firm and there is occasionally some blood droplets here and there but nothing major. It could be the time angle as I’m doing it for longer than even the studies suggest.

How long is your microneedling session?

I do 20 mins while watching movies twice a week. My growth is in my frontal area. Small hair grew over an inch towards my hairline. I can't tell if any grew on my crown because I can't examine it but looking at the mirror its little darker. I'm just 3 months so if all the hairs I see mature I'm already satisfied. Just a year ago I didn't even believe hair actually regrow back. Thought it was a myth. Lol I think we have this thing called baldness partially figure out since so many nice result are showing up and some are even shocking.

Hey so how is your frontal area?

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Takes me about 40 minutes all up, crown, most of the top of my head & temples. I needle hard it's quite painful & there is blood on all areas

I have my headphones in when dong it as well as to pump me up you could say lol. Then minoxidil a few hours later before bed. I'm basically doing the same routine as Jamesdunn. 1.5mm roller / minoxidil drenched on my head before bed.

Shedding decreased from between 30-50 hairs a day to roughly 10 now. It's great looking in the comb and seeing so few hairs on it. I'm 3 months in so far
which month the shedding decreased ? Idid you shed only thin hair or terminal ?

i'm on microneedling for like 1.5 month and only a month from my essential oil daily application (peppermint + rosemary + jojoba +..) and i'm shedding too much since the second week after starting my essantial oil application and most of the hair falling is so thin. i'm worried !!!!!

Last edited:

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm new on this forum. I'm 32 years old and started to notice my hairloss 10 years ago.

I have now passed 3 months with the following regimen:

* Dermastamping (Derminator 2) - 1,5 mm, 1 time/week. (I'm usually bleeding a little bit, bit not that much. Only a few dots of blood.)
* Minoxidil (Rogaine liquid) 2 times/day. (I'm appying it directly after the dermastamping. I'm not waiting 24 hours as recommended in the studies.)
* Lipogain Big 3 schampoo (containing Ketokonazole) 1 time every second day.
* Priorin (Biotin) - 2 tablets/day.

I started with all the treatments at the same time and didn't use anything before. I have tried Minoxidil for 6 months 4 years ago, but I didn't really notice any results back then. I also tried Trinov for 3 months but with no results at all.

I can both see and feel difference ony after 3 months. It looks like I've had a regrowth and the hair also looks thicker.

The first 3 pictures that you can see are from after 3 months and the last 3 are from the start of the treatment. They are taken in the same lightning and with the same hair lenght (day after haircut).

View attachment 127014 View attachment 127015 View attachment 127016 View attachment 127017 View attachment 127018 View attachment 127019
the improvement is so obvious, congrats !!!!!

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it seems the best responder are diffuse thinners. Almost always get great results. The slower male pattern baldness guys, who you think would be the easy cases with not a lot of loss and just a little density to fill in, not so much. In fact, in my case at least, you can actually move backwards and get worse. Glad you guys are getting results.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
which month the shedding decreased ? Idid you shed only thin hair or terminal ?

i'm on microneedling for like 1.5 month and only a month from my essential oil daily application (peppermint + rosemary + jojoba +..) and i'm shedding too much since the second week after starting my essantial oil application and most of the hair falling is so thin. i'm worried !!!!!
U need to pair up needling with a real treatment like minoxidil, not your essential oil that do nothing.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I’m using Rogain Forte. I’m using the pump. The recommendation is to pump 6 times (1 ml) but since a lot is getting stuck in the hair I pump like 15-18 times across the scalp. Then I just massage it to the skin.

I did shed a little after a couple of weeks, but not even close to slick bald. I did notice that I had less hair after a couple of weeks, but the difference from the start wasn’t that big really.
how much does the bottles last you? 18 pumps is a fuckton

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dutasteride has started to do it's crazy f*****g magic on my hair.

I do a test when I finish a strip where I pull my hair back with a contrasting comb(choose color opposite of your hair color) and look for new regrowth in my hairline using a flash light(phone light). Now there is much more regrowth than ever had. I think I'm going to regrow all my hair on my front.

The negatives are -

1. Still very little or no response in my crown but then I started losing my crown when I was 15. It's been more than a decade since I lost it. It was the first to go and it may be the last to recover.

2. Microneedling and minoxidil did induced new hairgrowth but what dutasteride is doing is next level sh*t. I'm not gonna criticize others who believe in microneedling and minoxidil but it's just another weapon in the armory. It should be called the big 4 now. I've just finished 3 strips of 30 with a pre loading of 3 pills a day for 10 days, so that is 70 days of dutasteride and suddenly a new burst of hair growth that is no way in hell vellus hair regrowth because of it's pigment, thickness and length.

3. I'm never getting back my adolescent hairline. Yes the density is most likely going back to the good old days but I'll have a high forehead.

5. The f*****g problem is still not solved and it will take an actual futuristic treatment to solve it. I'm hoping follica will work.

Sounds good, you are taking pictures right? And 3 pills a day? thats nuts. Whats the point?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Still undecided at what to buy and what to use.

Most dermarollers are chinese knockoffs, anyone knows one that is real quality stainless individual needles and not this f*****g crap?

And then, how many mm's and how often? Everyone seems to be doing random *** stuff.

Then we have the derminator vs Dr Pen vs dermaroller debate. I end up doing nothing as I dont see any clear way to go about things and there's more risk than reward as increase inflammation due a bad method can lead to scarring/permanent loss/shedding.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still undecided at what to buy and what to use.

Most dermarollers are chinese knockoffs, anyone knows one that is real quality stainless individual needles and not this f*****g crap?

And then, how many mm's and how often? Everyone seems to be doing random *** stuff.

Then we have the derminator vs Dr Pen vs dermaroller debate. I end up doing nothing as I dont see any clear way to go about things and there's more risk than reward as increase inflammation due a bad method can lead to scarring/permanent loss/shedding.
Don’t overthink it or be tricked into buying expensive items. Whatever wounds at a depth of 1.5mm to 2.5mm is good enough. The key is to wound. You don’t need a fancy device for that.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don’t overthink it or be tricked into buying expensive items. Whatever wounds at a depth of 1.5mm to 2.5mm is good enough. The key is to wound. You don’t need a fancy device for that.

Because of physics im sure there is a difference between individual needles and some sort of metallic wheel with sticks on it (cheap rollers). We don't know if there is a difference between micro tearing or not, it hasnt been studied.

Also, if you want to dermaroll daily for increased absorption, 1.5 to 2.5 is too much.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of physics im sure there is a difference between individual needles and some sort of metallic wheel with sticks on it (cheap rollers). We don't know if there is a difference between micro tearing or not, it hasnt been studied.

Also, if you want to dermaroll daily for increased absorption, 1.5 to 2.5 is too much.
There is no difference, lol. I have been using those cheap 'metallic wheels with sticks' for a year and a half and my scalp is fine.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro, can u advise how do u apply minoxidil liquid to scalp? doesnt most of it get stuck on ur hair and very little gets to the skin itself?
what brand of minoxidil do u use?

did u have initial shed that made ur hair even worse and nearly slick bald before regrowth?
I have that same problem since I have a decent amount of hair. I feel like 90% just gets on the hair. I try to put the dropper right against the skin when applying

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no difference, lol. I have been using those cheap 'metallic wheels with sticks' for a year and a half and my scalp is fine.
The difference is not the needles but the person needling.

I suspect that some people who roll probably don’t roll hard enough.

The fact is that if you’re electric stamping there’s more chance that you will hit the intended depth.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm new on this forum. I'm 32 years old and started to notice my hairloss 10 years ago.

I have now passed 3 months with the following regimen:

* Dermastamping (Derminator 2) - 1,5 mm, 1 time/week. (I'm usually bleeding a little bit, bit not that much. Only a few dots of blood.)
* Minoxidil (Rogaine liquid) 2 times/day. (I'm appying it directly after the dermastamping. I'm not waiting 24 hours as recommended in the studies.)
* Lipogain Big 3 schampoo (containing Ketokonazole) 1 time every second day.
* Priorin (Biotin) - 2 tablets/day.

I started with all the treatments at the same time and didn't use anything before. I have tried Minoxidil for 6 months 4 years ago, but I didn't really notice any results back then. I also tried Trinov for 3 months but with no results at all.

I can both see and feel difference ony after 3 months. It looks like I've had a regrowth and the hair also looks thicker.

The first 3 pictures that you can see are from after 3 months and the last 3 are from the start of the treatment. They are taken in the same lightning and with the same hair lenght (day after haircut).

View attachment 127014 View attachment 127015 View attachment 127016 View attachment 127017 View attachment 127018 View attachment 127019

That’s some very nice progress man! Hair looks darker healthier and denser/thicker, congrats!

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference is not the needles but the person needling.

I suspect that some people who roll probably don’t roll hard enough.

The fact is that if you’re electric stamping there’s more chance that you will hit the intended depth.
Exactly. All this talk about microtearing is just an attempt by some businesses to make money selling their overpriced sh*t. As long as you wound, you're good to go. Some devices make the process more convenient, but if you use your roller properly you will be fine.