Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do 20 mins while watching movies twice a week. My growth is in my frontal area. Small hair grew over an inch towards my hairline. I can't tell if any grew on my crown because I can't examine it but looking at the mirror its little darker. I'm just 3 months so if all the hairs I see mature I'm already satisfied. Just a year ago I didn't even believe hair actually regrow back. Thought it was a myth. Lol I think we have this thing called baldness partially figure out since so many nice result are showing up and some are even shocking.

Hey so how is your frontal area?

Nice man! Keep up with it and stay consistent.

My frontal area is also improving, especially my temple peaks, they were receded and are now growing back.

ErikW

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s some very nice progress man! Hair looks darker healthier and denser/thicker, congrats!
Thank you :) I hope the treatment will maintain the results, and that I don’t lose all the regrown and strengthened hair in 1-2 years (as I have heard can happen in many cases with Minoxidil).

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you :) I hope the treatment will maintain the results, and that I don’t lose all the regrown and strengthened hair in 1-2 years (as I have heard can happen in many cases with Minoxidil).

Sure!

Yeah, I hope these results stay for the long term. From what I’ve read, microneedling might extend the gains of minoxidil beyond the 2-years claimed to loose effectiveness....and hopefully by then the stuff that is in the clinical pipeline for aa, male pattern baldness, will hit the market or close to it.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it seems the best responder are diffuse thinners. Almost always get great results. The slower male pattern baldness guys, who you think would be the easy cases with not a lot of loss and just a little density to fill in, not so much. In fact, in my case at least, you can actually move backwards and get worse. Glad you guys are getting results.
Imho there are several different patterns that lead to hairloss and not all of them are related to circulation and collagen production.
Because, of course, there is no miracle here

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted but very happy to come and see a lot of activity on this thread still. I've continued with Derminator (nowadays at 2mm) at irregular intervals (aim to once every 2-3 weeks). Crown is looking much better and it's the area that responded best, it's incredible. Receeding hairline area was slick bald so progress is super super slow, but there's progress (nothing aesthetically significant but there are black small hairs). Overall the rest of the areas look thicker (as in more tiny hairs) but my initial NW4 was super aggressive so can't expect a change overnight.

In general I'm happy but wish this would go faster. Probably it'd go faster if I did it at least once weekly... which I'll consider. But otherwise this is the only thing that yielded any result so I'll continue.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
which month the shedding decreased ? Idid you shed only thin hair or terminal ?

i'm on microneedling for like 1.5 month and only a month from my essential oil daily application (peppermint + rosemary + jojoba +..) and i'm shedding too much since the second week after starting my essantial oil application and most of the hair falling is so thin. i'm worried !!!!!

Probably just over 2 months before I noticed shedding decreasing. Not sure if terminal hair not, I suspect no

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Howzit guys i decided today to post my results which may get updated again in future (with a new post ofcourse). Im not saying my results are amazing or crazy good, but one thing i can say is that THERE IS DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT! My hairline has improved and i cant see my scalp so much anymore. Other people have noticed it to. My temples is still a N2 or N3 but it looks so much fuller now.
BACK STORY
My back story is i always had really sorta thin straight hair which was pretty think in the front, never in my wildest imagination did i think id turn into one of these ugly bald guys(no offense to anyone haha).
I probably started balding at around 20 or 21, it might have been by 19 already but you dont notice it yet. Anyway it definitely started to become very noticable and i couldnt even hide it anymore- it made me hella deppressed and affected my life big time. I joined this forum some years ago hoping for a cure but the financial cost of a hait transplant was just not an option and i unfortunately had not done any research into minoxidil or finastide
So fast forward a few years of not doing anything and silently wishing id just die- ive decided to fight . Im now 25 and had lost alot ground around my temple areas , I'd say N3 or 4 maybe.

REGIME
In March 2019 i bought some 5% generic minoxidl(cheapie) and started taking that 2x daily . After i showered in the morning with slightly damp scalp- drying my hair and then applying minoxidil really made my hair look crappy so i do it while its wet , and then in the late evening. By April i had begun taking Biotin and Zinc tablets daily aswell. Nothing changed much in the start but i did notice much less hair falling off in the shower , less breakage and my hair just felt stronger. I then purchased a dermaroller and dermapen(cheapie the MYM pen on Ebay) around May.
I only started dermarolling around June and not consistently, 1.75m x once weekly.
It was painful at first and a bit of blood but its hard to draw blood now( as if my scalp has gotten used to it). I can see lots of tiny new hairs on my temples, it looks denser and fuller then in the beginning of the year.

I currently apply minoxidil only at night every day now and dermaroll at mild 1mil before applying minoxidil. I still dermaroll at 1.75 most weekends on Saterday

TLDR
balding N3-N4
minoxidil 5% once daily
DermaRolling mild rolling every day and 1.75 once a week
Biotin and zinc tablets everyday

One last thing id like to add - get a decent haircut. It will make the world of difference, even if you have to cut it more often to keep it looking proper. Its definitely boosted my confidence again loads.

20170411_112029.jpg

20170411_112127.jpg

20170411_112133.jpg

1.jpg

2019 before minoxidil
2019-08-26 12.28.40.jpg

2019-08-26 11.31.00.png

After minoxidil + dermarolling
20190512_102917.jpg

20190512_102901.jpg

About 2months ago
2019-08-26 14.09.53.jpg

2019-08-26 14.08.49.jpg

2019-08-26 14.09.29.jpg

Pics taken other day
2019-08-26 12.36.24.jpg

20190824_143149.jpg

20190824_143119.jpg

20190824_143035.jpg

Last edited:

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
tbh I think you could even rock the bald look. Idk if its just the new hairstyle but it looks much fuller. :)
Thanks man, feel like its a bit of both- i still have a receded hairline but its much harder too notice now id even say people cant even tell im balding anymore. A hair cut thats tailored to your male pattern baldness really makes a massive improvement, you need to sort of accept your balding and work with it.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@fauxhawk well done man! Wow lots of people posting positive results in the last day, what is going on lol!!!!
I have to agree with @Sigara you would totally rock a short buzz bald look you have very nice features and I am totally jealous of your superman chin!!
haha cheers man i hope to take some better pics of the hairline to emphasize the difference im trying to prove- that my hairline is still a bit receded, the far corners of my temples are still bald but it just looks so much healthier, has shape and volume now.
I really appreciate all the info and stories that have been posted here thus far, its motivated me to push on. Cheers bro

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha cheers man i hope to take some better pics of the hairline to emphasize the difference im trying to prove- that my hairline is still a bit receded, the far corners of my temples are still bald but it just looks so much healthier, has shape and volume now.
I really appreciate all the info and stories that have been posted here thus far, its motivated me to push on. Cheers bro
Any before and afters of your crown?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately i have none man, my crown hasnt really changed much its been my frontal hairline only and thus i dermad and minoxed that area only
I see, bro. Well, I'm very happy for your success. Congrats. I hope your success continues. Keep us updated

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately i have none man, my crown hasnt really changed much its been my frontal hairline only and thus i dermad and minoxed that area only

Cape town huh... You do look like a Bokke hahaha. Great results should be more improvement to come yet. Just don't get shot out there aye

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn, more and more impressive results these last pages of the thread. Amazing

But what do these results say about the efficiency of dermarolling, when minoxidil was started at the same time? Nothing...