Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now i have switched from from daily minoxidil+derma pen to every other day, I think that'll be enough, i will post my progress in two weeks

I think more than once a week is good. I've done 3x/week but now twice a week. I'm already on my way to getting the result I want. So when my baby hair matures I'm gonna do one a week to maintain. Daily is over kill. Probably just in the beginning

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think more than once a week is good. I've done 3x/week but now twice a week. I'm already on my way to getting the result I want. So when my baby hair matures I'm gonna do one a week to maintain. Daily is over kill. Probably just in the beginning
i did it every single day for 4 months, now i have very good results, and i think its time to slow down))
Even my mother asked me wondrously how i got my hair back :D

Last edited:

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone here who downgraded from dutasteride to finasteride?
I switched from finasteride to dutasteride almost 2 years ago and it has not helped my hairloss at all.
I see no point in continuing with dutasteride. Also cost is 3x as that of finasteride.
Will I lose hairs if I switch back to finasteride?

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone here who downgraded from dutasteride to finasteride?
I switched from finasteride to dutasteride almost 2 years ago and it has not helped my hairloss at all.
I see no point in continuing with dutasteride. Also cost is 3x as that of finasteride.
Will I lose hairs if I switch back to finasteride?
you hairloss can be caused by poor circulation, calcification, fungus, seborrhea
Finasteride&duta doesn't always work

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you hairloss can be caused by poor circulation, calcification, fungus, seborrhea
Minoxidil and dermaroller help with the circulation aspect of it. In the presence of circulation boosting products, finasteride and dutasteride will work wonders.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So dutasteride is now growing "straight to" terminal hair in the front. Legit terminal hair regrowth and here I was avoiding it because I was scared that it would destroy my hairline. But nothing has happened in my crown so far which sucks.

I'm not wounding twice a week rather than once hard and once light dermarolling. Sessions are on monday and friday just in the crown region because I'm not worried about my front right now. The issue remains my weak see through crown and I'll focus on it for the next few months. IF I end up with ideal result in my crown I will wean off micro needling and move towards once a month maintenance with AlexSomebody's way of dermarolling a couple times a week. This is a big if because my crown obviously wants to f*** me over.

Did you directly start dutasteride or did you switch from finasteride to dutasteride?
Crazy how the same meds produce wildely different results for everyone. dutasteride did not help my hairloss at all.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So dutasteride is now growing "straight to" terminal hair in the front. Legit terminal hair regrowth and here I was avoiding it because I was scared that it would destroy my hairline. But nothing has happened in my crown so far which sucks.

I'm not wounding twice a week rather than once hard and once light dermarolling. Sessions are on monday and friday just in the crown region because I'm not worried about my front right now. The issue remains my weak see through crown and I'll focus on it for the next few months. IF I end up with ideal result in my crown I will wean off micro needling and move towards once a month maintenance with AlexSomebody's way of dermarolling a couple times a week. This is a big if because my crown obviously wants to f*** me over.
Thats nice (and interesting) to hear man. While dutasteride is working for me, its slow as f***. It takes like 2-3 months before i see any change in my hair and its only minimal everytime

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

If you are balding in a horseshoe pattern then how can it be anything but androgenetic alopecia?

Anyway, it would be cool if someone compiled the amount of people with success that:

a) Uses dermaroller daily of around 0.5mm or less with minoxidil
b) Uses dermaroller weekly or bi weekly with 1.5mm ish with minoxidil
c) A combination of a) and b)
d) Uses dermaroller daily of around 0.5mm or less with minoxidil
e) Uses dermaroller weekly or bi weekly without 1.5mm ish with minoxidil

From what I can remember d) and e) are literally 0%, and a) is the biggest percentage of success, which leads me to believe that it's mostly minoxidil increased absorption and that's about it. There's some success with c) too. People doing b), I think it's a small minority of success. If someone has the time then compile the data and show results.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Do you have pics?

AlexSomebody as far as I can remember dermarolls daily, with "subtle pressure", so a random mm of deepness, who the f*** knows how much he is penetrating actually. I guess no more than 0.2mm? otherwise his scalp would be fucked from the constant inflammation..

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are balding in a horseshoe pattern then how can it be anything but androgenetic alopecia?

Anyway, it would be cool if someone compiled the amount of people with success that:

a) Uses dermaroller daily of around 0.5mm or less with minoxidil
b) Uses dermaroller weekly or bi weekly with 1.5mm ish with minoxidil
c) A combination of a) and b)
d) Uses dermaroller daily of around 0.5mm or less with minoxidil
e) Uses dermaroller weekly or bi weekly without 1.5mm ish with minoxidil

From what I can remember d) and e) are literally 0%, and a) is the biggest percentage of success, which leads me to believe that it's mostly minoxidil increased absorption and that's about it. There's some success with c) too. People doing b), I think it's a small minority of success. If someone has the time then compile the data and show results.
Daily 0.5-1mm +minoxidil straight after is the best option

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty good. I just hope you assess the androgen issue before gains start to fade.

Btw, how mild is mild, when it comes to pressing on the daily routine? I assume it's a 2mm dermaroller or 1.75mm and you press.. how deep? how do you know how deep it goes? its the problem I see with doing it daily without a a dermapen where you have full control of deepness or at least a roller with nails as long as you want to penetrate tops (so for instance a roll with 0.25mm nails if that's as deep as you want to go)
i use a 1mm pen or roller for daily usage, for about 5mins on my temples. Id say mild is just visible redness.Im really just following chens methods tbh so the everyday roll is for minoxidil purposes. I think everyones skin thickness is different so 0.5m works for some, and others feel nothing under 1,75m lol.
I find the dermaroller to be a pain to use with longish hair, your hair is much more susceptible to breakage vs a pen.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
i use a 1mm pen or roller for daily usage, for about 5mins on my temples. Id say mild is just visible redness.Im really just following chens methods tbh so the everyday roll is for minoxidil purposes. I think everyones skin thickness is different so 0.5m works for some, and others feel nothing under 1,75m lol.
I find the dermaroller to be a pain to use with longish hair, your hair is much more susceptible to breakage vs a pen.

I found the opposite to be true, with the pen on damp hair i was pulling out tons of hair, with the roller im not pulling out any hairs at all.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've taken some more pictures with a flash, sorry for the poor lighting btw.
Also I went and dyed my hair blonde so it looks a but messy, dying my hair was a mistake pretty much as i seem to be losing a bit of hair and just weaker hair in general
IMG-20190902-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190902-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190902-WA0003.jpg

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
i guess its different hair types perhaps, i dont dermaroll with wet hair though

Yeah i always dampen my hair before applying minoxidil etc so maybe that made a difference in terms of how much hair was getting pulled out compared to dry.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've taken some more pictures with a flash, sorry for the poor lighting btw.
Also I went and dyed my hair blonde so it looks a but messy, dying my hair was a mistake pretty much as i seem to be losing a bit of hair and just weaker hair in general
View attachment 127518
View attachment 127519
View attachment 127521

I have noticed many guys dye their hair darker thinking it makes it look fuller n thicker but actually I think going lighter is the smart way to go coz you need to decrease the contrast between the pale white scalp n the dark hairs.

Last edited: