Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Back to dermarolling...

I've been at it for nearly 9 months which should be long enough to see whether it was effective, and the answer seems to be sadly no.

I've seen some small intermediate hairs (not vellus but not terminal either) around the hairline which I definitley know werent there before, and there appears to be some very minor improvement in density if my pictures are anything to go by (but could be different lighting or hair direction).

BUT, other parts have gotten worse. I now have a clear reverse Y (island forming) at the front when my hairs wet, despite the hairline looking like it might have improved slightly.

Dont know if this can be attributed to the needling process, but generally it's been a bit of a bust for me.

Wishful thinking I know, but 9 months ago I was hoping for visibile thickening and maybe some very minor regrowth but nothing of the sort.

This treatment is dependent on minoxidil, I;ve yet to see ONE result from someone just needling.

What was your regimen? Maybe it's time you try needling with 82f as topical for 6 months and update the progress.

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many time we can use from a karatage and which is better? 12 needles or 36 needles?

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
hah are you kidding me?

This is what I mean by people in here constantly moving the goalposts.

This thread was originally meant to test the efficacy of dermarolling as a treatment for male pattern baldness, now whenever it doesnt yield any results people just say add this, add that or get some experimental treatment from china and then it will work.

Say I do get 82f and suddenly regain 100% density in 6 months, what will that tell me? That needling is a pointless task? Or are people still sticking to the synergistic line lol

That isn't what this thread should be about, minoxidil at a push, but this was origianlly for testing whether stabbing your scalp with a hundred thousand tiny holes would help. Clearly, on its own, it doesnt do anything.

Lol the point is to find regrowth for everyone. Needling, minoxidil, finastaride and vitamin works for me. Somehow it's not effective for you so I thought it's best to try that. We are just trying to find cure here. It's still needling with 82f. Good luck on whatever your next move is

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I did needling only for 6 months and have the same to say. Probably got a bit worse with me too.

Sucks but atleast we know for sure now. I do remember 1 or 2 people saying they had maintenance with only needling but that was on the first hundred pages. But it's clear that most people won't benefit from needling alone.

The Chinese study found microneedling alone to be comparable to 5% minoxidil in terms of regrowth. I think there was another study that actually showed more regrowth from just microneedling than from minoxidil. Of course there were still 2 people in the Chinese study who had no improvement from microneedling. Sorry you are one of the unlucky ones.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
82f is Minoxidil+Finasteride. There are various alternatives that give that topical
You can also get Morr-F which gives the same combo
i've been on topical finasteride + minoxidil solution for years and it does sh*t nothing, still balding, and my DHT went down just as taking the pill

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So can anyone telle me which is the BEST 0.25 roller? I say 0.25 roller because I want it for daily usage, and rolling more than 0.25 deepthness daily is retarded

Look at this, most rollers are cheap chinese garbage. If you know anything about physics, you should know that you want individual nails, not a f*****g metal plate with blades on it.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Chinese study found microneedling alone to be comparable to 5% minoxidil in terms of regrowth. I think there was another study that actually showed more regrowth from just microneedling than from minoxidil. Of course there were still 2 people in the Chinese study who had no improvement from microneedling. Sorry you are one of the unlucky ones.
A lot of people in this thread have tested this..... And we have virtually ZERO success cases of standalone needles. What does this tell you?
Something is fishy with the Chinese study. If something can't be reproduced, then it smells bad science.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I was searching the net looking for side effects of aloe vera going systemic , coz that's what I am currently using with my microneedling sessions and I found the following. Many here are using microneedling to help minoxidil penetrate better , in addition to the wounding which supposedly triggers stem cells etc. Well Apparently aloe vera itself is a skin penetration enhancer, so I was thinking maybe those of you microneedling just to help the minoxidil go in better, could apply aloe vera b4 the minoxidil?
http://www.ijddr.in/drug-development/aloe-vera-as-penetration-enhancer.php?aid=5476

I need to wait a few more months b4 deciding if microneedling has done anything for me or not, and share b4 n after photos, not just to avoid missinforming others but also to make sure I don't kid myself and fall into wishful thinking, but I seriously think something positive is happening to my head. I noticed much less shedding for one , and I am also noticing lots of tiny hairs (mostly velus hair I think that's what you call them) on my hairline and a few terminal ones. Not sure if its from the microneedling or the aloe vera. But if one was to use the other big 3 stuff I am sure those hairs would grow longer and faster. Like I said I will wait a few more months b4 sharing my results, but until then how does one know if the hairs sprouting are actually new hairs or existing hair that just happened to begin a new cycle? I mean how long do hairs stay dormant b4 starting a new cycle again?

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I was searching the net looking for side effects of aloe vera going systemic , coz that's what I am currently using with my microneedling sessions and I found the following. Many here are using microneedling to help minoxidil penetrate better , in addition to the wounding which supposedly triggers stem cells etc. Well Apparently aloe vera itself is a skin penetration enhancer, so I was thinking maybe those of you microneedling just to help the minoxidil go in better, could apply aloe vera b4 the minoxidil?
http://www.ijddr.in/drug-development/aloe-vera-as-penetration-enhancer.php?aid=5476

I need to wait a few more months b4 deciding if microneedling has done anything for me or not, and share b4 n after photos, not just to avoid missinforming others but also to make sure I don't kid myself and fall into wishful thinking, but I seriously think something positive is happening to my head. I noticed much less shedding for one , and I am also noticing lots of tiny hairs (mostly velus hair I think that's what you call them) on my hairline and a few terminal ones. Not sure if its from the microneedling or the aloe vera. But if one was to use the other big 3 stuff I am sure those hairs would grow longer and faster. Like I said I will wait a few more months b4 sharing my results, but until then how does one know if the hairs sprouting are actually new hairs or existing hair that just happened to begin a new cycle? I mean how long do hairs stay dormant b4 starting a new cycle again?
my opinion on it is based purely on what ive observed, those tiny hairs and overgrowth that we witness is most probably hair that was i the process of miniaturizing or recently fell out. minoxidil and rolling really boosts the health of these hairs allowing them to grow as they used to before balding occurred?
but for areas where the follicles have long died out it seems so much harder or next to impossible to see any improvement. Like if i pull my fringe backwards my hairline is half of what it once was, but the temple regions behind that is seeing so much activity.
about the aloe vera enhancer im unsure if it will give yu results, yu dont really want to add too many topicals in cojunction with minoxidil imo. you could try out an aloe vera shampoo if you wash your hair before aplying minoxidil too see if it makes any difference first

Bensson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Found injectors without needles for example liquid finasterid ,dutasteride or any other new compound that shows up that needs to be injected in scalp, probaly cheaper and easier to do at home and may be good combination with dermarolling

This advanced micro injection pen has no needle,avoid any invasive, it adopt the pressure technology, the use of 6.5BAR pressure, bursting into nanoscale small molecules 220 meters per second, the speed of air flow to the skin grassroots micro-droplets delivered directly through the skin , transfer gel such as hyaluronic acid , VC to skin dermal layer comfortable without pain, achieve timely significant cosmetic effect, to avoid the pain caused by microneedle injections.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disposab...hash=item1eef544a1a:m:mouL_SBIx09Tw-eZNB1anBA