Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally i believe only minoxidil is truly sh*t. I dont believe that crap regrows hair except for a very tiny minority

Bold statement. You got anything to back that up with?

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally i believe only minoxidil is truly sh*t. I dont believe that crap regrows hair except for a very tiny minority

I'm not a fan of minoxidil by any means, i really think that it can actually make things worse at least for some but i saw a lot of results without any dermarolling before people even started dermarolling... And if it would be sh*t, let's see at least 1 result of only microneedling without any topical, just one, i'm doing since now without any topical and without finasteride, i will keep you all posted if i see any results of course ...

And don't get me wrong, it's clear that dermarolling has a good impact on the hair and scalp i think in the first place, since i started it never had an itch again or a zit and the sebum production decreased at a normal point on where i don't get my head oilier than i have ever seen it... I just think we need a good topical for it and it can be golden...

Last edited:

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 126917 View attachment 126918

This is my crown progress.

1st photo is from June 11th (after starting about 3 weekly session of microneedling and minoxidil)

2nd photo is from August 15th, almost 3 months of progress having started microneedling + minoxidil foam + nizoral.

Nice results! Pen or roller? What size?
I notice your new hair is darker than the existing hair, too.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

1st photo is from June 11th (after starting about 3 weekly session of microneedling and minoxidil)

2nd photo is from August 15th, almost 3 months of progress having started microneedling + minoxidil foam + nizoral.

This is the difference between 2 months? Insane, congratulations on your regrowth! If this continues for a few months, you will have basically cured your hair loss. Again, insane.

Do you get comments or questions irl because of the noticably improvement of your hair situation? I can imagine people take notice of that.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results! Pen or roller? What size?
I notice your new hair is darker than the existing hair, too.

Thanks!

I used a roller a few years ago but I didn’t use it consistently and stopped, this go I decided to buy the Dr Pen and some extra cartridges and give it a consistent try, I started the first 4 weekly sessions set the needle at 1.5mm, then I started 2mm 1x 7-9 days and 1mm every 3rd day, Minoxidil foam applied about an hour after the session at night.

Yeah, the new hair is dark like my original hair color, i believe so because it new hair created from the collagen created that then developed into new hair cells/follicles and not “revitalized” miniaturized hairs, just my observation...and the same has happened in my temple triangle areas.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the difference between 2 months? Insane, congratulations on your regrowth! If this continues for a few months, you will have basically cured your hair loss. Again, insane.

Do you get comments or questions irl because of the noticably improvement of your hair situation? I can imagine people take notice of that.

Thanks!

Yes, probably closer to 2.5 months but yeah it has really covered my crown nicely. I’m not sure if it’s a cure-all but I’m going to continue, I’m optimistic for more positive results.

Yes, family and friends have been amazed at how it’s grown and filled-In especially when I’m out at bars or events and I’m sitting down and they see is looking down and give me positive feedback...and I’m thrilled not to be self-conscious of thinking everyone’s looking at my bald spot, feels good not to have that worry or concern.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of minoxidil by any means, i really think that it can actually make things worse at least for some but i saw a lot of results without any dermarolling before people even started dermarolling... And if it would be sh*t, let's see at least 1 result of only microneedling without any topical, just one, i'm doing since now without any topical and without finasteride, i will keep you all posted if i see any results of course ...

And don't get me wrong, it's clear that dermarolling has a good impact on the hair and scalp i think in the first place, since i started it never had an itch again or a zit and the sebum production decreased at a normal point on where i don't get my head oilier than i have ever seen it... I just think we need a good topical for it and it can be golden...

I believe with so many people experimenting the next few years we will come upon a better topical with no sides. Or one will come into market

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score

Nice regrowth but it's so strange. Normally bald area where there is no hair it regrows back really slow. My experience is 7 weeks just to see tiny white hair. In your case that is amazing

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice regrowth but it's so strange. Normally bald area where there is no hair it regrows back really slow. My experience is 7 weeks just to see tiny white hair. In your case that is amazing

Thanks!

I am surprised as well but unlike others I take my time with the session and go over my whole scalp for 30 minuets give or take some minutes, as most I think are going for 5-10 minuets, now, I’m not wounding too hard but press reasonably firm and there is occasionally some blood droplets here and there but nothing major. It could be the time angle as I’m doing it for longer than even the studies suggest.

How long is your microneedling session?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

From what I’ve observed it can also depend on how long the area has been bald.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who are needling everyday @1mm I just don't get it. How is that possible??? You must not be doing it right. If you don't press it againt the skin then it's only hovering over your head and probably just the tip is going in if anything at all.
@0.7mm I already see blood dots and my scalp needs 2 days to settle back down.

For those reusing their cartridges, how are you cleaning them? I am placing them in alcohol for like 15 mnts before and after each use. Would that do it?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How deep do you go, how do you know how deep do you go, how do you clean it, how you use it often?

I use a 1.5mm derma roller every three weeks. I roll hard for 5-10 minutes as I want to draw blood. I clean the roller with alcohol and I apply betadine to my scalp after rolling. I then shower to wash it all off.

ErikW

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm new on this forum. I'm 32 years old and started to notice my hairloss 10 years ago.

I have now passed 3 months with the following regimen:

* Dermastamping (Derminator 2) - 1,5 mm, 1 time/week. (I'm usually bleeding a little bit, bit not that much. Only a few dots of blood.)
* Minoxidil (Rogaine liquid) 2 times/day. (I'm appying it directly after the dermastamping. I'm not waiting 24 hours as recommended in the studies.)
* Lipogain Big 3 schampoo (containing Ketokonazole) 1 time every second day.
* Priorin (Biotin) - 2 tablets/day.

I started with all the treatments at the same time and didn't use anything before. I have tried Minoxidil for 6 months 4 years ago, but I didn't really notice any results back then. I also tried Trinov for 3 months but with no results at all.

I can both see and feel difference ony after 3 months. It looks like I've had a regrowth and the hair also looks thicker.

The first 3 pictures that you can see are from after 3 months and the last 3 are from the start of the treatment. They are taken in the same lightning and with the same hair lenght (day after haircut).

Efter.1.jpg
Efter.2.jpg
Efter.3.jpg
Före.1.jpg
Före.2.jpg
Före.3.jpg

Last edited:

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm new on this forum. I'm 32 years old and started to notice my hairloss 10 years ago.

* Dermastamping (Derminator 2) - 1,5 mm, 1 time/week. (I'm usually bleeding a little bit, bit not that much. Only a few dots of blood.)
* Minoxidil (Rogaine liquid) 2 times/day. (I'm appying it directly after the dermastamping. I'm not waiting 24 hours as recommended in the studies.)

I started with all the treatments at the same time and didn't use anything before. I have tried Minoxidil for 6 months 4 years ago, but I didn't really notice any results back then. I also tried Trinov for 3 months but with no results at all.

I can both see and feel difference ony after 3 months. It looks like I've had a regrowth and the hair also looks thicker.

The first 3 pictures that you can see are from after 3 months and the last 3 are from the start of the treatment. They are taken in the same lightning and with the same hair lenght (day after haircut).

View attachment 127014 View attachment 127015 View attachment 127016 View attachment 127017 View attachment 127018 View attachment 127019

I can clearly see improvement! And have to congratulate u on the before and after pix!

But seriously I am starting to feel there is some sort of fake push promoting microneedling. Suddenly everyone is doing it and it's being talked about everywhere. Hopefully it's just bcoz it's great, and not just viral social media marketing. I am also seeing some photos being posted that seem photoshopped, or not well taken.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

bro, can u advise how do u apply minoxidil liquid to scalp? doesnt most of it get stuck on ur hair and very little gets to the skin itself?
what brand of minoxidil do u use?

did u have initial shed that made ur hair even worse and nearly slick bald before regrowth?

ErikW

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro, can u advise how do u apply minoxidil liquid to scalp? doesnt most of it get stuck on ur hair and very little gets to the skin itself?
what brand of minoxidil do u use?

did u have initial shed that made ur hair even worse and nearly slick bald before regrowth?

I’m using Rogain Forte. I’m using the pump. The recommendation is to pump 6 times (1 ml) but since a lot is getting stuck in the hair I pump like 15-18 times across the scalp. Then I just massage it to the skin.

I did shed a little after a couple of weeks, but not even close to slick bald. I did notice that I had less hair after a couple of weeks, but the difference from the start wasn’t that big really.