Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil (1x day), dermapen (daily 1mm), nizoral (as a topical daily), diclofenac(daily), fina(every other 1mg)
how long did it take for you to see results? what's the time lapse between the first and third pictures? do you apply diclofenac and minoxidil right after your dermarolling sessions? at 1mm, you are not wounding, right?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I just use the derminator @2mm every Sunday covering everything until it's visibly red. I then apply this serum (image attached)

I haven't had regrowth ever until I started the derminator and I've actually been losing hair the past year. This really works.

I really recommend the derminator as opposed to a normal derma pen or roller. The derminator is much more efficient, cheaper to use and faster and works better

I had the opposite experience while using a Derminator 2. Yes it is very easy to use and you can cover your entire scalp quickly but you're not necessarily helping your hair grow. I felt I lost hair while using it so I reverted back to using a roller. Btw I averaged three uses of a needle before I replaced it. That's $4. I buy ZGTS rollers from China for ~$8 and I used them for months.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil (1x day), dermapen (daily 1mm), nizoral (as a topical daily), diclofenac(daily), fina(every other 1mg)
Do you take diclofenac orally or topically? Interested in adding something like that into my regimen

kirklandism

Reaction score
Hello,

here my six months results. Start: pics 1,2. Three months mark: pics 3, 4. Six months mark: pics 5,6,7. Nothing impressive, but anyway something happened. Thicker and darker hair, and more density especially where some hair was already existing. I will keep going until 2 years mark and keep posting here.

My regimen: minoxidil 5% twice per day (around 2ml each time), dermarolling mildly at 0.75mm (0.50 in the first 4 months) every night for less than 5 minutes, just before applying minoxidil. Derminator2 at 2mm every 10/14 days going for blood with minoxidil applied 10 minutes after.

My story: 45 yo, used propecia with success for 10 years then dropped because of sides. Used minoxidil afterwards for few years with no success.

Note about being originally a minoxidil non responder: its hard to tell exactly. when I started using it I had a massive shed. never fully recovered. but I almost maintened afterwards for few years. after I dropped it, the situation worsened quicker.
Your progress is like mine - slow but there is cosmetically visible progress. We also seem to be on similar timelines as I started my regimen diligently in February too. Ours is a yearly battle, not a monthly one.

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your progress is like mine - slow but there is cosmetically visible progress. We also seem to be on similar timelines as I started my regimen diligently in February too. Ours is a yearly battle, not a monthly one.

May be depend from the age? I lost hair for 20 years, and somebody think it takes longer to recover hair lost long ago. In fact in my case the recovered hair (on the top of the head) has been lost over the last few years, while crown and front has been lost many years before.

How old are you?

kaneki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow congrats on your results bro. What made you decide to add the stemm serum? I’ve never heard of it before. What is it exactly?
I've researched it a lot and it's proven to have benefits that's why I stocked up on it because they quit making the product now.

It's filled with great ingredients for hair

Short of buying it on eBay now, you can also get the deciem multi-peptide hair serum. It has similar ingredients and works well too from what I heard.
You sound like a shill, pics or it didn't happen.
I posted pics in previous post. What am I here to shill for lol? I've been in this game longer than most here and I'm pretty knowledgeable about Skincare and hair which is why I recommend the derminator plain and simple.
I had the opposite experience while using a Derminator 2. Yes it is very easy to use and you can cover your entire scalp quickly but you're not necessarily helping your hair grow. I felt I lost hair while using it so I reverted back to using a roller. Btw I averaged three uses of a needle before I replaced it. That's $4. I buy ZGTS rollers from China for ~$8 and I used them for months.

Not sure what you mean that you lost hair? I have long hair 5-6 inches and I never lose hair with it.

You have to use it on dry hair, part hair section by section and then needle the white areas etc

If you use it on wet hair, yes you can tear some out because hair is prone to breakage when wet.

Buchwald

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the correct place for this. But since im following this thread alot and people are very much into the the topic I will try.

First, my story.

I began to loose hair when I was 24-25, im 29 now. My head was itching like crazy and I was shredding a lot. At some point (6-12months into the itchiness) I went to the doctor and I started using Nizoral 2%. After a couple of months it seemed like my itching was very little, and also I stopped loosing my hair. When I apply nizoral, I have like maximum 5 hairs in my hands. So I believe my hairloss was mainly linked to fungus in my scalp (and ofc genetics), which is fixed now by nizoral. Since January, I have been derma rolling 1.5mm but non consistent, maybe 8 times in total. No improvement (nor worsening). I started taking saw palmetto (afraid of sides in finasteride, and a little bit DHT-blocker is better than nothing) in start of august, no improvement yet.

Im scared to start minoxidil as I have very dry skin in my forehead, which troubles me from time to time. Therefore, im thinking its a possibility that I cannot use minoxidil long term, due to sides.

But maybe, it is possible to maintain the hair you gain from minoxidil if you keep dermarolling, and with my situation where its probably the fungus which was the main reason to destroy my hair?

And what do you think about the minoxidil sides in combination with dry skin? (Im gonna ask my doctor about this swell)

What are your guys take on this one?

Last edited:

kaneki

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

here my six months results. Start: pics 1,2. Three months mark: pics 3, 4. Six months mark: pics 5,6,7. Nothing impressive, but anyway something happened. Thicker and darker hair, and more density especially where some hair was already existing. I will keep going until 2 years mark and keep posting here.

My regimen: minoxidil 5% twice per day (around 2ml each time), dermarolling mildly at 0.75mm (0.50 in the first 4 months) every night for less than 5 minutes, just before applying minoxidil. Derminator2 at 2mm every 10/14 days going for blood with minoxidil applied 10 minutes after.

My story: 45 yo, used propecia with success for 10 years then dropped because of sides. Used minoxidil afterwards for few years with no success.

Note about being originally a minoxidil non responder: its hard to tell exactly. when I started using it I had a massive shed. never fully recovered. but I almost maintened afterwards for few years. after I dropped it, the situation worsened quicker.
Hey man, doing this without finasteride is kind of useless tbh. You need a dht inhibitor

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how long did it take for you to see results? what's the time lapse between the first and third pictures? do you apply diclofenac and minoxidil right after your dermarolling sessions? at 1mm, you are not wounding, right?
First result i seen after 2 months, real changes after 4 months (now), diclofenac 4-5hrs after minoxidil
at 1mm, you are not wounding, right? - yes, some tiny blood spots, but not wounding at all

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the correct place for this. But since im following this thread alot and people are very much into the the topic I will try.

First, my story.

I began to loose hair when I was 24-25, im 29 now. My head was itching like crazy and I was shredding a lot. At some point (6-12months into the itchiness) I went to the doctor and I started using Nizoral 2%. After a couple of months it seemed like my itching was very little, and also I stopped loosing my hair. When I apply nizoral, I have like maximum 5 hairs in my hands. So I believe my hairloss was mainly linked to fungus in my scalp (and ofc genetics), which is fixed now by nizoral. Since January, I have been derma rolling 1.5mm but non consistent, maybe 8 times in total. No improvement (nor worsening). I started taking saw palmetto (afraid of sides in finasteride, and a little bit DHT-blocker is better than nothing) in start of august, no improvement yet.

Im scared to start minoxidil as I have very dry skin in my forehead, which troubles me from time to time. Therefore, im thinking its a possibility that I cannot use minoxidil long term, due to sides.

But maybe, it is possible to maintain the hair you gain from minoxidil if you keep dermarolling, and with my situation where its probably the fungus which was the main reason to destroy my hair?

And what do you think about the minoxidil sides in combination with dry skin? (Im gonna ask my doctor about this swell)

What are your guys take on this one?

You can lessen the dosage until the side effect is bearable. Minoxidil is proven to regrow the hair you have lost. Have you tried applying it just in the evening? Or every other day?

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, doing this without finasteride is kind of useless tbh. You need a dht inhibitor
That would be better, sure. But as I said I quit fina (that worked well on my hair) becuase of sides long ago.
Also, this thread started with a focus on two main studies (chinese and indian) that experimented dermarolling WITHOUT fina. The whole point here was to find an alternative to fina. Of course if somebody is willing to take fina, and dermarolling is additionally boosting results, thats also fine. But originally this thread was about finding out if it is possible to grow hair without fina.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My temples are recovering quicker than my crown. Any one know why this could be happening?

Attachments

• 20190823_105426.jpg
    20190823_105426.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 826
  • 20190823_105936.jpg
    20190823_105936.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 841

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My temples are recovering quicker than my crown. Any one know why this could be happening?

WOW! Your progress looks amazing!

The crown/vertex area is know to have pretty slow blood circulation and possibly do to fibrosis, even a person getting a hair transplant to fill in their crown the progress is very slow and sometimes crown results take a full 12-18 months to be seen....so I imagine some more time of your routine and it will catch up to your temples. My crown has filled-in very well as I’m at 3-months now microneedling with a pen & minoxidil & nizoral.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cant get over this. The recovery is a thing legends. Looking like a 20k hair transplant!

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've researched it a lot and it's proven to have benefits that's why I stocked up on it because they quit making the product now.

It's filled with great ingredients for hair

Short of buying it on eBay now, you can also get the deciem multi-peptide hair serum. It has similar ingredients and works well too from what I heard.

I posted pics in previous post. What am I here to shill for lol? I've been in this game longer than most here and I'm pretty knowledgeable about Skincare and hair which is why I recommend the derminator plain and simple.

Not sure what you mean that you lost hair? I have long hair 5-6 inches and I never lose hair with it.

You have to use it on dry hair, part hair section by section and then needle the white areas etc

If you use it on wet hair, yes you can tear some out because hair is prone to breakage when wet.

I lost hair overall not while actually using the Derminator 2.

Btw I just ordered the Multi-Peptide Hair Serum from Deciem. I'm looking forward to using it. Do you use the Stemm Serum once or twice per day? How soon after using it did you notice a benefit?

kaneki

My Regimen
Reaction score
I lost hair overall not while actually using the Derminator 2.

Btw I just ordered the Multi-Peptide Hair Serum from Deciem. I'm looking forward to using it. Do you use the Stemm Serum once or twice per day? How soon after using it did you notice a benefit?
I honestly just use it after I needle, since the absorption is increased.

Its supposed to be used daily but I'm too lazy for that

Benefits I noticed after about 60 days I'd say