d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how can you people manage to endure that?

max i went was 1.1mm and it was pretty painful already
stamping with 1.5mm is impossible for me without a numbing cream. After i stamped one area, it gets painful again after just a few minutes, even though the numbing cream is still working.

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follow the directions in this study, they did lidocaine 1 hr prior with 1.5 roller. The results are pretty good I may say. Even though I am a non responder to microneedling, everyone should give it a try for 6 months.

2 - Copy.jpg 3 - Copy.jpg 4 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• 10.1111@jocd.13061.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 277

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follow the directions in this study, they did lidocaine 1 hr prior with 1.5 roller. The results are pretty good I may say. Even though I am a non responder to microneedling, everyone should give it a try for 6 months.

View attachment 123735 View attachment 123736 View attachment 123737
This is the third time we see needling working as a stand alone treatment. Great find since some people do not tolerate minoxidil. Will start needling with this protocol.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
So the broscientists have gone from once a week to once a fortnight?
Lol, couldn't make this up.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kind of hard to come to a conclusion when you have people getting results doing it either daily, every few days, every week, every month.

The best evidence we have is the Chinese study with multiple participants rolling once a week?? (with or w/o minoxidil I don't remember)

Last edited:

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
OMG. Does any of you guys derma needle to that extent?
I did try derma for 6+ months but nothing even close to this extent . Maybe that's why I didn't see any progress. In the study, they performed 8 passes over the region of the scalp. I was maybe doing 3 to 4 at most with the derma pen.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did try derma for 6+ months but nothing even close to this extent . Maybe that's why I didn't see any progress. In the study, they performed 8 passes over the region of the scalp. I was maybe doing 3 to 4 at most with the derma pen.

Were you also using minoxidil along with needling for those 6 months?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on big 3 for almost a decade along with derma for past 6 months.
Same! But about 7-8 years for me.
Thats why it simply does not work for us, its because for everyone it has worked for, they started something else at the same time, usually minoxidil or finasteride. There's not a single example of someone who has maintained for at least 5 years on the big 3 then saw massive growth when needling. Its because its the big 3 doing all the work, microneedling may just help absorption on those too lazy to apply it twice a day

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same! But about 7-8 years for me.
Thats why it simply does not work for us, its because for everyone it has worked for, they started something else at the same time, usually minoxidil or finasteride. There's not a single example of someone who has maintained for at least 5 years on the big 3 then saw massive growth when needling. Its because its the big 3 doing all the work, microneedling may just help absorption on those too lazy to apply it twice a day

@Eazy12 so besides absorption you basically dont believe that needling does anything? :)