Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that with minoxidil?

Same! But about 7-8 years for me.
Thats why it simply does not work for us, its because for everyone it has worked for, they started something else at the same time, usually minoxidil or finasteride. There's not a single example of someone who has maintained for at least 5 years on the big 3 then saw massive growth when needling. Its because its the big 3 doing all the work, microneedling may just help absorption on those too lazy to apply it twice a day

I believe the same thing that needling helps out with absorption the most. It might do a little of other things but mostly absorption. That's why I needle 3x/week and only apply minoxidil 2x/week and other days I do oils. And already getting results after 6week. In this study they said all participants gains so those who are not gaining in this forum just duplicate this exact study.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same! But about 7-8 years for me.
Thats why it simply does not work for us, its because for everyone it has worked for, they started something else at the same time, usually minoxidil or finasteride. There's not a single example of someone who has maintained for at least 5 years on the big 3 then saw massive growth when needling. Its because its the big 3 doing all the work, microneedling may just help absorption on those too lazy to apply it twice a day
Bollocks man. Theres a study where people were on big 2 for years with zero results and only got regrowth with needling.

I believe the same thing that needling helps out with absorption the most. It might do a little of other things but mostly absorption. That's why I needle 3x/week and only apply minoxidil 2x/week and other days I do oils. And already getting results after 6week. In this study they said all participants gains so those who are not gaining in this forum just duplicate this exact study.
even more bollocks. I was literally regrowing my bald temples but then stopped because im a retard.
Im on dutasteride for 7 months now and only started seeing results shortly after adding needling. Needling is more effective than minoxidil by its own. Stop spreading misinformation. You dont know anything about anything.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
recedingyt I'm new here but I was wondering what brand of 15 % minoxidil you used to originally gain your hair line back . Please let me know. Seeing the progress you have made over the years has given me hope that one day I'll get most of my hair line back . I thank you in advance :3

Originally I was buying from the brand Xandrox, which I'm not sure is still around and there's been some controversy surrounding the actual % of minoxidil in their product. I believe it was lab tested at 11%. I would have kept using it but their formula wasn't great. Minoxidil would start to precipitate out of solution as soon as you opened the bottle. Because of the relatively small area I needed it to cover the bottle would have lasted me at least a month normally, but because the minoxidil kept crashing out of solution it would become a crystal-y mess by like 2 weeks after opening the bottle, which made it difficult to use and the % of minoxidil even more questionable than the original 11% or whatever. But still, it was working for me so there's that. I am now using 15% minoxidil from MinoxidilMax and TBH I don't feel as though it's working as well as Xandrox which is strange, but there's so many factors that could be going into me drawing that conclusion - not the least of which is impatience. I've only been back on hormones and minoxidil for ~3months, so yeah. If it works 75% as well as Xandrox I'll be fine with it because it doesn't have the problem with the formula that Xandrox did, so that alone is a huge money saver.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bollocks man. Theres a study where people were on big 2 for years with zero results and only got regrowth with needling.

even more bollocks. I was literally regrowing my bald temples but then stopped because im a retard.
Im on dutasteride for 7 months now and only started seeing results shortly after adding needling. Needling is more effective than minoxidil by its own. Stop spreading misinformation. You dont know anything about anything.

I agree that needling does everything but the most important thing it does is obsorption. Regardless of truth its my opinion so who are you to say anything? You are not the only one who has any gains so stfu and let people state what they think and not jump at their throat. I also think that one of the side effect has gotten to your head and messing with your narcissism.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eazy12 is constantly trolling with misinformation to discredit microneedling, don’t pay any attention to him he has an agenda.

Absorbtion alone of minoxidil DOES’T stimulate collagen production and hair stem cell neogenisys MICRONEEDLING does that.
Yes,microneedling increase stem cell proliferation in hair follicles, and one Chinese study has concluded that microneedling alone was better than minoxidil. But microneedling + minoxidil would always be good bet.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes,microneedling increase stem cell proliferation in hair follicles, and one Chinese study has concluded that microneedling alone was better than minoxidil. But microneedling + minoxidil would always be good bet.

Exactly.

But it’s sad that we have on here trolls like Eazy12 with an agenda or no life posting lies and misinformation to dissuade, confuse and scare people off from microneedling, the good thing is there are many more helpful people on here that want to truly help others that expose these type of trolls.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
update: I only needle around once a month now. And I take 1.25mg finasteride every day since like four weeks ago.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
update: I only needle around once a month now. And I take 1.25mg finasteride every day since like four weeks ago.

Your results will be highly interesting.
I use Avodart and needle also every 3 to 4 weeks with 1mm

I will add NGF-574H once its available together with absorption needling of 0.25 to 0.5mm every other day

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that needling does everything but the most important thing it does is obsorption. Regardless of truth its my opinion so who are you to say anything? You are not the only one who has any gains so stfu and let people state what they think and not jump at their throat. I also think that one of the side effect has gotten to your head and messing with your narcissism.
Your opinion is factually wrong

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Originally I was buying from the brand Xandrox, which I'm not sure is still around and there's been some controversy surrounding the actual % of minoxidil in their product. I believe it was lab tested at 11%. I would have kept using it but their formula wasn't great. Minoxidil would start to precipitate out of solution as soon as you opened the bottle. Because of the relatively small area I needed it to cover the bottle would have lasted me at least a month normally, but because the minoxidil kept crashing out of solution it would become a crystal-y mess by like 2 weeks after opening the bottle, which made it difficult to use and the % of minoxidil even more questionable than the original 11% or whatever. But still, it was working for me so there's that. I am now using 15% minoxidil from MinoxidilMax and TBH I don't feel as though it's working as well as Xandrox which is strange, but there's so many factors that could be going into me drawing that conclusion - not the least of which is impatience. I've only been back on hormones and minoxidil for ~3months, so yeah. If it works 75% as well as Xandrox I'll be fine with it because it doesn't have the problem with the formula that Xandrox did, so that alone is a huge money saver.

Can confirm that 15% MinoxidilMax doesn't work altogether that well. The 10% minoxidil I bought from India works as well as the MinoxidilMax product. I have my nightly minoxidil compounded now.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** guys i cant believe how well the needling works. At first i was sceptical but the results are coming in so nicely now im f*****g hooked.

did you use finasteride or minoxidil before? if so for how long?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you use finasteride or minoxidil before? if so for how long?
I used minoxidil but quit it because of the horrible cosmetic side effects and because it made me lose hair on the side of my head. That was long before i started using needling though. Theres no correlation.
I've been on dutasteride since the beginning of the year with no success, until i added needling to it. 2 months later, first hairs sprouting. Now 3 months later, my entire head is a shade darker, and there are so many thick dark hairs filling up my hairline again.
And as i said earlier, i even see little hairs in my slick bald temples now. They are very tiny, but there.
Oh im also using a mixture of oils every night.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used minoxidil but quit it because of the horrible cosmetic side effects and because it made me lose hair on the side of my head. That was long before i started using needling though. Theres no correlation.
I've been on dutasteride since the beginning of the year with no success, until i added needling to it. 2 months later, first hairs sprouting. Now 3 months later, my entire head is a shade darker, and there are so many thick dark hairs filling up my hairline again.
And as i said earlier, i even see little hairs in my slick bald temples now. They are very tiny, but there.
Oh im also using a mixture of oils every night.

Good to hear you’re seeing some early results!

What is the mixture of oils that you are using every night?

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to start microneedling my whole face especially my forehead .5mm to combat the effect of minoxidil. Anyone else doing that?

Last edited:

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to start microneedling my whole face especially my forehead .5mm to combat the effect of minoxidil. Anyone else doing that?
I'm not doing it to combat minoxidil (I've always had skin discoloration) but I needle my face as well as my scalp, 2mm scalp and .25mm on my face. It's too painful to do anything more than that on my face. It works, but it's only one aspect to having good skin. You need to also have a good skin care regimen.

My skincare regimen for anyone wondering (used in this order):

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (daily)
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner (daily)
Tretinoin 0.1% (2-3x a week, make sure to stay out of sunlight until you wash your face)
Vitamin C + Hyaluronic acid brightening serum (daily - not mentioning brand because I probably need to upgrade mine lol)
Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream (daily - CRAZY nice, but super expensive, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is a cheaper alternative)

Been using this combo for a few months and it's literally like rolling back time, my face is brighter and more evenly colored, I look more awake, my dark circles are slowly going away, etc. Only been needling for a couple weeks so can't comment on that but I'm sure it'll just enhance everything as it does with minoxidil.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, using dutasteride (amongst other things) and then claiming needling as your saviour when you see some results.
People assume that finasteride and Dutasteride produce results for everyone but the truth is that different people respond to them differently. Forget finasteride and dutasteride, there are a lot of trans people whose hairs don't respond to even strong hormones like estrogen.
I have been on dutasteride for more than 1.5 years with no results whatsoever.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not doing it to combat minoxidil (I've always had skin discoloration) but I needle my face as well as my scalp, 2mm scalp and .25mm on my face. It's too painful to do anything more than that on my face. It works, but it's only one aspect to having good skin. You need to also have a good skin care regimen.

My skincare regimen for anyone wondering (used in this order):

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (daily)
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner (daily)
Tretinoin 0.1% (2-3x a week, make sure to stay out of sunlight until you wash your face)
Vitamin C + Hyaluronic acid brightening serum (daily - not mentioning brand because I probably need to upgrade mine lol)
Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream (daily - CRAZY nice, but super expensive, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is a cheaper alternative)

Been using this combo for a few months and it's literally like rolling back time, my face is brighter and more evenly colored, I look more awake, my dark circles are slowly going away, etc. Only been needling for a couple weeks so can't comment on that but I'm sure it'll just enhance everything as it does with minoxidil.

You are obsessive about your skin. That's awesome. Thanks for that big regimen list. I only use minoxidil 2x/week then oil the other days and already getting the result I want so just going to keep it like that. Hoping to keep my skin looking the way it is but if skin improves also omg. Imagine everyone in this forum has a nice head of hair and beautiful skin by 2 years