Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
People assume that finasteride and Dutasteride produce results for everyone but the truth is that different people respond to them differently. Forget finasteride and dutasteride, there are a lot of trans people whose hairs don't respond to even strong hormones like estrogen.
I have been on dutasteride for more than 1.5 years with no results whatsoever.

You have been on big 3 and needling for more than 6 months and still no result?

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have been on big 3 and needling for more than 6 months and still no result?
I never said that I am not seeing results. I am not in a hurry.
I have been on big 3 for almost 3 years now. Switch from finasteride to dutasteride about 1.5 years ago.
Started needling 4 months ago (I am following a modified @chen regimen).
1mm daily mild rolling
2 mm weekly hard rolling
Hair grows in cycles. It took years to lose all that hair, so it will also take some time to grow it back.
I will report any progress/failure with pictures when I am confident enough that the regimen was succesful or a failure.

InvaderNadz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the information :) also, what do you think about using the 15% minoxidil from minoxidilabs.com ? I hear it was just as effective and good as dr Lees formula (not sure if that's the guy who originally made xandrox formula or not) so far I'm using morr f 10% minoxidil with 1% finasteride but I just started on this . I hear others talking well about this brand so there's that I will see how it goes and if it helps me get back my hairline.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those using derma pens, on what speed are you running them on????????
I am using the slowest speed, I figured it would hurt less for one (tho I feel maybe fast speeds would hurt less?) and maybe the needles would penetrate better that way , but even at the lowest speed the needles go in and out so fast you cannot see the needles retracted at any point and it's as if the needles are hanging out all the time so when you place the pen on your scalp it's like hovering at a distance. I am wondering if the needles are going in properly or whether I should be pushing the pen against my skull harder to make sure they puncture the skin? I wish the pen could be switched to manual and the needles would only come out once when you press, this way you are sure it goes in. Is that what derma stamping is? Or is derma pen and derma stamping the same thing?

Nexusv6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I started microneedeling 3 weeks ago and I just had my third session.

So far nothing new regarding growth but I do remark one thing. I have always had itchy and inflamed scalp with several hurting acne cysts breaking up periodically in the same place. No shampoo or lotion would ever help.

I thought I would have to live with it for the rest of my life.

Well, I have not had breaks since I had first needling session. The scalp is not itchy any more nor painful, inflamed. It feels fresh and different.

Furthermore, my scalp was always greasy. Well, it’s not greasy any more.

I don’t know if my hair will come back, but there is no doubt it makes good to the scalp.

Anybody experience something alike?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It
Yes, after needling I experience scalp euphoria , very satisfying feeling

(not pleasant while doing It though) : P
It's definitely therapeutic. Male pattern baldness definitely has something to do with a circulation problem throughout the whole body. Getting blood flowing feels f*****g good.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another anecdotal thread in favour of peppermint oil.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/cexbcr/im_here_to_vouch_for_peppermint_oil/

Anyone here who is not getting results from needling may want to try peppermint oil.
I will try it too but only after I've completed a year with dermarolling so that I can provide my report here whether "only" dermarolling worked or not. If dermarolling doesn't work after a year, I'll add peppermint.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It

It's definitely therapeutic. Male pattern baldness definitely has something to do with a circulation problem throughout the whole body. Getting blood flowing feels f*****g good.

Still waiting for my 1.5 mm dermarollers. Dunno what to expect growth wise. Would be great if it can somehow help with greasy scalp:)

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, using dutasteride (amongst other things) and then claiming needling as your saviour when you see some results.
>be on duta for a long time
>not seeing results
>suddenly grow hair 2 months into needling
>"DUDE LMAO ITS THE DUTA"
>see hairs sprouting on my bald temples
>unironically believing dutasteride can grow hair on bald temples

3/10 b8

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are minoxidil cosmetic side effects? And are they permanent or do they disappear after quitting minoxidil?

Good question. Does it disappear if you quit minoxidil?

@tressful I use peppermint oil in my mixture of oil. Along with saw pometto that is said to be a dht blocker. It's something I recommend you tinker with.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Pharma shill/troll is back again I see.

I’m glad you see and dismiss prostate cancer as “bullshit” as it shows your pathetic biased agenda, so i’ll add the link once again from a highly respected medical hospital:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bra...-questions/finasteride-are-the-risks-worth-it

It’s moronically hilarious that you think microneedling creates such evil constant scars yet brush off the masking of prostate cancers from the use of finasteride and dutasteride, again, stop spreading propaganda.

How many thousands of people have successfully used microneedling to effectively REMOVE scars on the body and face goes against all the fear mongering propaganda a.k.a. BULLSHIT you’re trying to spread

And AGAIN, you could inhibit ALL the 5AR and DHT 100% you want STILL have male pattern baldness progress, dumbass.

I would loooooove to know whom exactly you are shilling for because your agenda couldn’t be more obvious and clear and I’m sure everyone see it as well.

The dumb autist thinks that everyone that doesn't align within his fairtale worldview of stopping baldness by sticking nails on your scalp repeatdly is now a f*****g Merck shill, imagine.

Once again, you dumb low IQ subhuman, I already explained how dutasteride with mesoteraphy seems like a safe way to go as it doesn't go systemic, so im going to try that next. This is higher on my priority list than f*****g around with having a constant inflammed scalp prone to infection, which from the evidence in this thread all that it is doing is increased minoxidil absorption anyway. I don't rule out WNT pathway benefits and I will do it myself once a month or so, however IT'S MORE IMPORTANT to decrease androgenic activity.

And AGAIN, you could use all the dermapens and rollers in the world, without decreasing 5AR and DHT you are going to bald you dumb f***.

The only way you could continue going back with 100% depletion of DHT is due high testosterone sensitivity, otherwise women would be going bald at the same rate as men you total pea size brain cuckold.

We all can play that f*****g card of posting studies of anything linking to cancer, including dermarolling:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21321199

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21321207

So there, have fun going bald by not inhibiting androgen activity on your scalp in ANDROGENETIC alopecia.

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
People assume that finasteride and Dutasteride produce results for everyone but the truth is that different people respond to them differently. Forget finasteride and dutasteride, there are a lot of trans people whose hairs don't respond to even strong hormones like estrogen.
I have been on dutasteride for more than 1.5 years with no results whatsoever.

Have you got your hormones checked? What was your Norwood grade when you started?

dutasteride obviously f*****g works, thus proving DHT is a major key on this disease:

twins-hair-loss-comparison-photo-12.jpg

twins-hair-loss-main-photo-jpg.jpg

What further proof do you need than f*****g twins.

Of course, people still go bald on dutasteride. I saw a guy running an experiment consisting on being on dutasteride while taking shots of testosterone, he continued balding. So I suspect there's people out there with increased sensitivity for testosterone on the scalp for whatever the f*** reason, as well as the destruction caused on the scalp being too much for you to respond if you get too late (the point of all treatments is to halt hairloss, attempting to grow hair is in most cases delusion)

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@infinitepain It takes 1 hour for me to have the full effect of lidocaine on my scalp

@jay kim @Nexusv6
My entire faced looked tired. I looked like a drug addict who didnt sleep for a week. The dark eye bags were the worst.
I didnt believe minoxidil could do this until i experienced it myself. No hair in this world is worth it. It doesnt seem to happen to everyone though. I was just one of the unlucky ones.
Yeah it goes away after a month.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Why would you stick lidocaine for 1 hour? it acts pretty quickly
because they're idiots and the entire study was probably poorly monitored and executed.
Some really weird people ITT, get so defensive if you question their faith in a certain treatment.

There is not and never has been a single credible account of someone adding microneedling ALONE and having visible results due to this. Absolutely everyone ITT started another treatment at least 6 months before or 6 months after beginning microneedling, which completely nullifies any evidence that microneedling alone does anything other than tear up your scalp and lose small amounts of blood.
Sorry but 1 vague study in a borderline 3rd world country with no photo evidence or background checks into patients previous or current medications is not evidence of anything.
Just be like me and get a transplant, or keep hurting yourself every week while frantically looking for 'progress' in the form of vellus peach fluff and convincing yourself its working.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Eazy12 Im aware you are a lonely depressed virgin, but why exactly do you put so much effort into convincing people that needling doesnt work.
Okay it doesnt work. Let people live in their happy delusion. Its better than whatever you are going through in life.