Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Attached you find my report
- my profile (age, regime)
- my dermapen procedure (start 03.01.19, 135 days in, 20 sessions done)
- my dermapen documenation
- before and after photos
- recommendations for other users
- next steps

I hope you enjoy and benefit from it.

Please comment on the presentation constructively.
Please respect effort, time and sharing these private details with the community.

Best regards
Haircules

Wow, awesome report and great pictures for comparison. Thank you for your effort. Do you see a difference? I feel like it looks pretty much the same.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, and again, environnement is the main culprit :

Our study was designed to measure the transcutaneous PO2 of the scalp to determine if there was a relative microvascular insufficiency and associated tissue hypoxia in areas of hair loss in male pattern baldness. A controlled prospective study was performed at Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Eighteen nonsmoking male volunteers aged 18 years and older were studied. Nine men had male pattern baldness (Juri degree II or III), and nine were controls (no male pattern baldness). Scalp temperature and transcutaneous PO2 were obtained at frontal and temporal sites in each subject. Peripheral circulation was assessed from postocclusive transcutaneous PO2 recovery time by means of maximum initial slope measurements. Statistical significance was assessed at p < 0.05. There was no significant difference in scalp temperature between male pattern baldness subjects and controls. Temporal scalp blood flow was significantly higher than frontal scalp blood flow in male pattern baldness subjects; however, there was no significant difference in controls. Transcutaneous PO2 was significantly lower in bald frontal scalp (32.2 +/- 2.0 mmHg) than in hair-bearing temporal scalp (51.8 +/- 4.4 mmHg) in men with male pattern baldness. In controls, there was no significant difference in transcutaneous PO2 of frontal scalp (53.9 +/- 3.5 mmHg) and temporal scalp (61.4 +/- 2.7 mmHg). Transcutaneous PO2 also was significantly lower in the frontal scalp of male pattern baldness subjects (32.2 +/- 2.0 mmHg) than in either frontal or temporal scalp of controls (53.9 +/- 3.5 mmHg and 61.4 +/- 2.7 mmHg, respectively). There is a relative microvascular insufficiency to regions of the scalp that lose hair in male pattern baldness. We have identified a previously unreported tissue hypoxia in bald scalp compared with hair-bearing scalp.
https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/8628793

This form of alopecia is still a challenging disease that affects both genders and is characterized by hair loss in a specific pattern of the scalp [66]. In 2010, 50 male subjects (19-57 years old) with Norwood/Hamilton ratings II-IV were enrolled and treated with 150 U of Botox® (5 U per 0.1 mL saline) into the muscles surrounding the scalp, including frontalis, temporalis, periauricular, and occipitalis muscles for a total of 30 injection sites. The primary outcome measure was a change in hair count in a fixed 2-cm area and the secondary outcome was hair loss, measured with the count of loose hair on the pillow [67]. Forty subjects completed the study period with a statistically significant increase in hair counts (18%) at week 48. The hypothesis that sustains the use of BoNT-A in androgenetic alopecia links with the low-oxygen environment in areas of the scalp with sparse hair growth. Blood flow may therefore be a primary determinant in follicular health, and Goldman et al. [68] demonstrated a microvascular insufficiency to the regions of the scalp that lose hair in male pattern baldness. BoNT-A injected into the scalp reduces pressure on the perforating vasculature with an increasing blood flow and oxygen concentration. Therefore, the enzymatic conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is oxygen dependent, so where oxygen rate is low, this conversion is favored; whereas in high-oxygen environments, more testosterone is converted to estradiol.

https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/452341

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Zix here? I been told Zix and Needling don’t work together so I’m gonna try needling for 6 months first.

Am I the only here who actually appreciate research on alternative treatments? Antiandrogen that I tried (spironolactone and finasteride) gave me terrible sides like brain fog and headaches. I stopped taking them continuously and my hair has been the worst. I now jumped back on spironolactone and my sides all came back.
how did ur brain fog manifest itself?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
- next steps

Please respect effort, time and sharing these private details with the community.

Best regards
Haircules

Thanks for the feedback.

Some tips :

- 2 mm every 7 days is too much...your scalp didn't have time to get inflammation out.
- Get adenosine, melatonine and tretinoin as RAW and put them into your minoxidil to enhance it.
- Use Licl 3 days post wounding ( Wnt agonist;..very important to get regrowth).
- Use a mix of Castor oi with DMSO two times a week topically or drink 1ml castor oil each day.
- Consider using Dutasteride...this drug has far away less side effect then finasterid...and it help a lot....if you want regrowth you have to adresse androgen cause...

Good luck !

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
(Nearly) 6 month update
- Dermaneedling with dr pen. Initially once a week, but then gradually every 10 days to 14 days. Around 15-18 sessions
- Length of needling pins never went below 1.5mm
- No other treatments were used except castor oil and peppermint oil a couple of times a week because it makes the scalp feel a littel better imo

Conclusion
- No change to hair growth, hair diamater, hair quality or any other metric we're looking at.
- Comparing the picture from the first day to today actually makes it seem like I'm at a worse place today (but this isnt scientific)
- Still shedding same amount (it was never too bad to begin but hasn't improved or gotten worse)
- There were some small vellus which appeared but they seem to have disappeared now
- In all, hair seems to be ever so slightly thinner everywhere so it seems to have had the reverse effect

I'm very nearly 37 and a diffuse thinner. Diffusing into an NW6 pattern but still have a decent hairline (not NW2 yet)

So this has been a bit of a bust for me. Not sure where to go from here, was hoping this might be the holy grail of treatments but it seems as though it's pointless without minoxidil.

Dont take it as offend but you reallyu thought dermarolling will give you regrowth by itself ? Peppermint oil is bad cause inhibits PGE2. Use minoxidil and dutasteride' in addition !

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
- next steps

Best regards
Haircules
Thanks for the feedback.

Some tips :

- 2 mm every 7 days is too much...your scalp didn't have time to get inflammation out.
- Get adenosine, melatonine and tretinoin as RAW and put them into your minoxidil to enhance it.
- Use Licl 3 days post wounding ( Wnt agonist;..very important to get regrowth).
- Use a mix of Castor oi with DMSO two times a week topically or drink 1ml castor oil each day.
- Consider using Dutasteride...this drug has far away less side effect then finasterid...and it help a lot....if you want regrowth you have to adresse androgen cause...

Good luck !
Where is the data of dutasteride having fewer side effects? It makes no sense

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is literally the entire point of this thread: to see whether dermarolling is effective on its own as a hair loss treatment.

I, and many others, believed it could be useful in the battle against male pattern baldness. All signs point to no right now though...
This.

A lot of us, who were initially hyped, have been disappointed because there are no reports of success cases involving needling alone or even OLD minoxidil users who recently started needling.
It's sad that when we express this, some dudes just respond that the studies suggest that both (min and needling) should be used nevertheless. That is obviously ignoring the entire point of this thread, and it also ignores that lots of people either do not tolerate minoxidil, or are simply old minoxidil users that are no longer getting benefits from it.

I remind you guys that I, along with 3 or 4 more users, am testing an everyday needling regimen as there are a couple of anecdotal accounts reporting some success.
I'm still 10 days in, but will report within 3 months. This is my last resource and the only bit of hope I have left. If I get nothing by 2020, I will either consider a transplant for my crown or shave it to hell and forget about hairloss, at the cost of potentially looking awful.

Anyway, people,I suggest you all needle for at least a year, even for the heaps of non-responders we are seeing at 6 months. If this doesn't work for a considerable percentage of us, there's at least the precedent that lots of us tried it for a good amount of time so the "you gave up too early" excuse can be ruled out.
I really hope things could get fixed with more time.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we do a disservice by not also acknowledging that in some of us, it actually made the situation worse. It would be one thing where, while needling, I just got no results. I can deal with that, and continue that ad infinitum, as it only costs me time. But I actually lost ground, (while using minoxidil) and am personally not willing to continue to piss the rest of my hairline away. I am so glad this has worked for some people, but as with any treatment on here, we have to be aware of the possibility of ALL the outcomes, be they positive or negative.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, does anyone know anything about Numberman? It's been months since he posts something here. I'd like to know his current status given that now it's been more than a year since he started needling, and we really need to know what happens to good results in the long terms (for those who respond, of course). Is he at least active in reddit ore somewhere else?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can you roll for absorption twice per day? Also, when do you cross the line between rolling for absorption, and rolling for wounding?

Can you roll with an intensity so you end up somewhere in between? I see people apply minoxidil after wounding anyway, so that is not necessarily a problem.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where is the data of dutasteride having fewer side effects? It makes no sense

Why makes it no sense ? The molecule is not the same ... I had sides from finasteride...no from dutasteride. I discuss with a lot of people, and a lot have the same result...Trust whatever you want but i really thing trying dutasteride is a GOOD thing....I really have NO sides with dutasteride....

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why makes it no sense ? The molecule is not the same ... I had sides from finasteride...no from dutasteride. I discuss with a lot of people, and a lot have the same result...Trust whatever you want but i really thing trying dutasteride is a GOOD thing....I really have NO sides with dutasteride....

Sexual Side effects of finasteride arent related with molecule. They are related blocking dht. And also If you block your dht, your body produces more esteogen. So it might cause puffy breast.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Can we establish today that microneedling as a treatment alone does not do much -if anything maintenance- but used along minoxidil and finasteride is a big boost for the majority?

Personally I'm better off than when I started needling 4 months ago, and Ive been on minoxidil and finas for over 2 years. I dont see new hairs but existing hair is definitely darker and healther.

Attachments

• DB50F730-76AE-4667-A6EA-86A637373492.jpeg
    DB50F730-76AE-4667-A6EA-86A637373492.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 533

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes no sense because they both do the same thing, blocking dht sistemically

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we establish today that microneedling as a treatment alone does not do much -if anything maintenance- but used along minoxidil and finasteride is a big boost for the majority?

Personally I'm better off than when I started needling 4 months ago, and Ive been on minoxidil and finas for over 2 years. I dont see new hairs but existing hair is definitely darker and healther.
Forehead wrinkles always there or just from minoxidil etc?