Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Can we establish today that microneedling as a treatment alone does not do much -if anything maintenance- but used along minoxidil and finasteride is a big boost for the majority?

Personally I'm better off than when I started needling 4 months ago, and Ive been on minoxidil and finas for over 2 years. I dont see new hairs but existing hair is definitely darker and healther.

Dude you have no hairloss?

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 35E256A8-6D7D-49CA-AD8C-CC44B71EF7F2.jpeg
    35E256A8-6D7D-49CA-AD8C-CC44B71EF7F2.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:

Scalp_tenderizer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see people talking about wounding daily in this thread.

Are you guys using >1.5mm everyday? Do you apply minoxidil straight away after needling?

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we do a disservice by not also acknowledging that in some of us, it actually made the situation worse. It would be one thing where, while needling, I just got no results. I can deal with that, and continue that ad infinitum, as it only costs me time. But I actually lost ground, (while using minoxidil) and am personally not willing to continue to piss the rest of my hairline away. I am so glad this has worked for some people, but as with any treatment on here, we have to be aware of the possibility of ALL the outcomes, be they positive or negative.
Reduce needle length.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And when he reduces needle length and doesn't get results people will tell him to increase needle length.

This is what I mean, no one knows what they're doing and its all guesswork.

I've had a rapid thinning after going from 1.5 to 2mm. I'm even thinking of trying 1mm. But yes, you are correct. This thread is full of BS and void of any useful data. I stopped following it long time ago because people who never dermarolled were telling me dermarolling can cure hairloss.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had a rapid thinning after going from 1.5 to 2mm. I'm even thinking of trying 1mm. But yes, you are correct. This thread is full of BS and void of any useful data. I stopped following it long time ago because people who never dermarolled were telling me dermarolling can cure hairloss.
Yeah, I was only doing 1.5mm though. Barely call it wounding. Maybe .75-1mm. Scared to do it at all anymore.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I was only doing 1.5mm though. Barely call it wounding. Maybe .75-1mm. Scared to do it at all anymore.
After going back to 1.5mm, thinning stopped and hair regrew. But it did take several months to regrow. Add LiCl(once a week) after wounding to simulate WNT signalling for more effect.

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can you roll for absorption twice per day? Also, when do you cross the line between rolling for absorption, and rolling for wounding?

Can you roll with an intensity so you end up somewhere in between? I see people apply minoxidil after wounding anyway, so that is not necessarily a problem.

Can someone answer to this please?
I would also like to know.

Thank you very much!

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that you guys might want to be careful while using Ket/Nizoral too frequently. People with short hair may not realize this but I've been carefully observing my hair texture daily for the last few months and I noticed that whenever I used nizoral it completed dried out my hair so much that it looks dead, wispy and dry. This is when I am using 1% nizoral. Some people here use the standard 2% nizoral very often.

Don't use nizoral too often. Even on the bottle it says that initially it should be used once every week and then only once a month. Nizoral is too harsh for your scalp and undo the benefits of dermarolling if used excessively.

The-Johnny

Reaction score
I just found this dude -

He stopped his hair loss naturally but what I found interesting was at about 9:30 and onward, using a wodden comb with rounded edges to break calcification and fibrosis on the scalp. He uses the comp pretty harshly and his scalp become very red, and it came to my mind, could the principle be the same as dermarolling? While dermarolling is a penetrating method, combing is a "crushing" method, probably with similar outcome but without causing the extra damage penetrating the skin does. What do you guys think?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
The general consensus at this point seems to be 1.5mm so personally I'll stick with that

Anyone else notice how quickly the scalp heals? I'm considering rolling more than once a week

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dermarolling / derma-pen works on the scalp to grow hair, could dermarolling/pen on ones donor area 18 months after an FUE transplant grow new hairs in or around the FUE scars? ...since hair transplant Doctor do implant grafts into FUT scar to camouflage and grow so wouldn’t the microneedling also create new growth in scars?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
And when he reduces needle length and doesn't get results people will tell him to increase needle length.

This is what I mean, no one knows what they're doing and its all guesswork.

Yet some people are getting hairgrowth.

It’s worth trying to find a needling length etc that works - nobody has anything to loose. Except their hair.

I agree its pretty f*****g scary that people report shedding or hair loss progression while they are needling.

But we don’t know if it’s due to needling, minoxidil (which we know causing shedding in some people) or just hairloss doing what hairloss does...

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone insulted you because of the way you conducted yourself here.

And no, it's much too soon to conclude anything yet.

@roberta if you’re an angry tranny you’re an angry tranny. That’s not an insult buddy :)

If the shoes (high heels) fit you should wear em! With pride!

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
I just found this dude -

He stopped his hair loss naturally but what I found interesting was at about 9:30 and onward, using a wodden comb with rounded edges to break calcification and fibrosis on the scalp. He uses the comp pretty harshly and his scalp become very red, and it came to my mind, could the principle be the same as dermarolling? While dermarolling is a penetrating method, combing is a "crushing" method, probably with similar outcome but without causing the extra damage penetrating the skin does. What do you guys think?
Interesting. Gonna try and find that comb and add one weekly massage to my regimen

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
I just found this dude -

I have one question regarding this blood circulation approach from needling/massage.
Apart from providing more nutrients reaching the hair follicle, wouldnt it also that blood bring more DHT to the follicle?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone answer to this please?
I would also like to know.

Thank you very much!
We still dont know whether the "rolling for absorbtion" is a thing or not. A few dudes here have rolled everyday (someone even did it twice a day) and got results. Are those results due to increased absorbtion of minoxidil, or rather due to needling's own regrowth effect being triggered more often? We do not know.