Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's bullshit bro.

I did one session on Friday 2mm and now I'm more than ready for another session. But the issue is we really don't know what the hell we are doing. Some got results with aggressive approach and for others less was more.

I heal within a day. I'm gonna try the pen again and see how long it takes to heal.

If you heal within a day, you are doing something wrong maybe. For me I can't even touch or comb my hair up to 3 days after session because I'm so freaking sore. But within 5 to 7 days it'sfine again for me.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking we should maybe do wounding once per week and then light rolling in the middle of the week, or even better we do wounding once every two weeks and we do a really f*****g good session. Let that heal for a week and go for 4-5 days straight of light rolling for absorption.

The Chinese study said one of the things that help is increase absorption.
The Chinese study's experiment wasn't designed to discern the mechanism of action of needling, so that particular claim was in their discussion section IIRC, as a speculative claim.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to be like this with the pen but it is a very cheap pen that gets stuck. But with a stamp it has been healing within a day. I'm trying the pen again and I'll be keeping track of the healing process.

For me too trying to comb was hard at that time.

I push the stamp all the way in at 2mm and so much so that the skin would sort of rise up a little bit when I pulled it out. It was definitely all the way in.

I will have to buy a good quality pen if the healing process is slower than the stamp. Last few sessions have been super confusing because of the healing process. Ultima A6 because Derminator isn't shipping to me.

This is what my head looks 1 day after needling with a 50€ pen that numbers guy was using. Still very read and sore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190521_161426_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20190521_161426_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 576

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started December 3. So about two weeks until i hit 6 months.
I needle at 1.5-2.0mm once a week.
I have done 23 sessions.
I use minoxidil twice a day and i do it directly after needling as well.

I quit an 8 month period of dutasteride just before i started to needle, before that i've done finasteride on and off for five years and it helped me maintain my hairline and kept the slowly thinning top/front of my head between the widows peaks quite thick. Had little to no actual regrowth though of fully lost areas.

Results so far.
I have kept getting thinner i think but my bald areas seem affected in so far as that the vellus hair are getting longer just outside and within my hairline. I'm probably not a good case though because i quit dutasteride so my hairloss isn't the most stable one i imagine also i started minoxidil which probably caused me to shed quite a lot.
However the reason i'm posting today is that two actual healthy hairs just popped out of my skin in my fully bald area 1cm out from the hairline today. I know for a fact they haven't been there before because i obsessively watch my temples everyday to look for progress. So microneedling does create or revive hair follicles. Just for some their bodies just might not do it enough to cause cosmetic results.
I'm going to continue the year out and see what happens, that the hairs broke through shows that there is some validity to this crazy experiment, perhaps follica have found away to actually make sure it works on a larger scale than one or two hairs

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started December 3. So about two weeks until i hit 6 months.
I needle at 1.5-2.0mm once a week.
I have done 23 sessions.
I use minoxidil twice a day and i do it directly after needling as well.

I quit an 8 month period of dutasteride just before i started to needle, before that i've done finasteride on and off for five years and it helped me maintain my hairline and kept the slowly thinning top/front of my head between the widows peaks quite thick. Had little to no actual regrowth though of fully lost areas.

Results so far.
I have kept getting thinner i think but my bald areas seem affected in so far as that the vellus hair are getting longer just outside and within my hairline. I'm probably not a good case though because i quit dutasteride so my hairloss isn't the most stable one i imagine also i started minoxidil which probably caused me to shed quite a lot.
However the reason i'm posting today is that two actual healthy hairs just popped out of my skin in my fully bald area 1cm out from the hairline today. I know for a fact they haven't been there before because i obsessively watch my temples everyday to look for progress. So microneedling does create or revive hair follicles. Just for some their bodies just might not do it enough to cause cosmetic results.
I'm going to continue the year out and see what happens, that the hairs broke through shows that there is some validity to this crazy experiment, perhaps follica have found away to actually make sure it works on a larger scale than one or two hairs

Why you dropped dutasteride?

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why you dropped dutasteride?
I feel like everytime i get on finasteride my social anxiety gets worse, and when i was on dutasteride it was worse than ever. Might be coincidence or my imagination who can be sure. However i felt i wanted to stay off it for a year and see how i feel then try one last time. Also i'm using minoxidil to grow a beard and blocking dht with finasteride/dutasteride makes it almost impossible to get a beard

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking we should maybe do wounding once per week and then light rolling in the middle of the week, or even better we do wounding once every two weeks and we do a really f*****g good session. Let that heal for a week and go for 4-5 days straight of light rolling for absorption.

The Chinese study said one of the things that help is increase absorption.

This is what Im doing. 1.5/2mm wounding every 10/15 days. Let it heal for 3 days, then 0.5 dermarolling every evening. minoxidil twice per day.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like everytime i get on finasteride my social anxiety gets worse, and when i was on dutasteride it was worse than ever. Might be coincidence or my imagination who can be sure. However i felt i wanted to stay off it for a year and see how i feel then try one last time. Also i'm using minoxidil to grow a beard and blocking dht with finasteride/dutasteride makes it almost impossible to get a beard
I can now confirm that dutasteride completely erradicated the outer third of my eyebrows , 90% of my sideburns and 80% of my moustache. All of them are regrowing strong and thick since Im on CB.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That’s normal. Finasteride inhibits 5ar1 a little bit. Which is responsible for neurons reroofed that make gaba. Gaba is heavily tied with anxiety. Supplement glutamine should help counter the loss.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know for sure that the effects of minoxidil are increased from dermarolling? I'm asking because the studies I've looked at are comparing minoxidil by itself and with dermarolling. The India study compared people who had no results from minoxidil alone. Now this gives me a question because do we know that the minoxidil is even playing a role? maybe it's just the wounding?

I've been experimenting a little so this is just anecdotal. Anyway I had been using minoxidil for 6 months consistently (2 years on and off) with no results then I added dermarolling 7 months ago and started getting results around the 6 month mark. This is when I wondered if minoxidil was even doing anything for me because it hadn't been in the past. I was also getting horrible dandruff and I thought that this could be causing more problems than it was worth so I quit minoxidil about 1 1/2 months ago.

If the gains were from minoxidil you would expect me to lose any hairs grown from min, but I'm continuing to progress and haven't shed at all. What do you guys think? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm wondering if other people have similar experiences?

EDIT: Maybe dermarolling increases the effects of minoxidil for those who were already getting results, but not for people who don't respond to min?

Dude you need to let us know if you keep your gains after quitting minoxidil.

One possible theory is when you wound. More sulfotransferase enzyme is created which is needed to make minoxidil active

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to be like this with the pen but it is a very cheap pen that gets stuck. But with a stamp it has been healing within a day. I'm trying the pen again and I'll be keeping track of the healing process.

For me too trying to comb was hard at that time.

I push the stamp all the way in at 2mm and so much so that the skin would sort of rise up a little bit when I pulled it out. It was definitely all the way in.

I will have to buy a good quality pen if the healing process is slower than the stamp. Last few sessions have been super confusing because of the healing process. Ultima A6 because Derminator isn't shipping to me.

Dermastamp is weak sh*t, you aint doing it hard enuff, trust me. It should not be taking you a day to heal. Every time I used derminator, my scalp is red as sht the next day and take about 3 days to heal and the 4th day it should be fully heal.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermastamp is weak sh*t, you aint doing it hard enuff, trust me. It should not be taking you a day to heal. Every time I used derminator, my scalp is red as sht the next day and take about 3 days to heal and the 4th day it should be fully heal.

Everyone heals differently. My friends a surgeon he sees people heal in a a week and some in a month for the same procedure. So it’s hard to say how long things should take to heal

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is how it was even with the cheap pen.

When I got the stamp it felt like a great decision because I had so much control. I went over my scalp 4 times in different directions but it seems that the pen because of it's high frequency may be wounding more than mechanical stamp.

pen definitely wounds more effectively than a manual stamp, try it on your face vs manual stamp, takes muck longer for redness to go away and heal.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score

How long do you need to be off of finasteride or dutasteride for you to feel your anxiety fading? I wanna see what a break with finasteride does to my brain, but im not about to quit for a month, maybe a week or 2 max...

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long do you need to be off of finasteride or dutasteride for you to feel your anxiety fading? I wanna see what a break with finasteride does to my brain, but im not about to quit for a month, maybe a week or 2 max...
Dutasteride has a way longer half time so it takes longer. I would assume just a week or two would be enough when quitting finasteride.
I never really connected the anxiety with finasteride until after i got on dutasteride and i felt like it significantly increased and then i thought back on how i become more of a recluse while on finasteride than in the periods inbetween when i was off it