Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hola amigo madrileño. :)
How many times do you do your scalp?
So about itching meaning results, I'm thinking... What if someone's never had the infamous chronic itching? Cause I've never had much of that. Slow balder. 7 years in and NW3.
I pass it around 10 times in different ways but I don't have a method yet, sometimes I go slowly, others a bit faster and backwards. The redness of my temples goes away fast and is the zone where I'm trying harder because is the thinner. Any thoughs? Thanks for your answer

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hola amigo madrileño. :)
How many times do you do your scalp?
So about itching meaning results, I'm thinking... What if someone's never had the infamous chronic itching? Cause I've never had much of that. Slow balder. 7 years in and NW3.

I’ve never had it either. I’m a slow balder too and have had a hair transplant in the front.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually dermarolled for almost 7-8 months without much improvement. I was about to give up on it until I came across this thread recently. I have now added daily scalp massages to my regimen and daily mild rolling with no bleeding using 1mm dermaroller (I am following @chen 's regimen). I have not noticed any huge improvements but very minor improvement in density after a buzz cut. Keeping my hopes up. Won't give up until I've tried this for a year or two.

A very minor improvement means it’s working! Good stuff :)

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello ! My Dr Pen A6 is shipped ! I don' really know how to use it... 1.5 mm every 3 weeks ? 1.5mm once a month, and 0.75mm once a week ? Is there any consensus ?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Seuxin - Many people are going off of the Indian & Chinese studies as a baseline for frequency. They ranged between 1 to 2 weeks before repeating needling again.

If doing 1.5mm - you're going to need many days of healing before repeating again. If you go by microneedling guidance performed by aestheticians for other areas of the body (face primarily), they recommend multiple weeks of recovery. Though again, most people here are going off of the Chinese & Indian studies that performed this at a higher frequency.

Most people find that within a few days, there scalp is no longer tender - and generally feels okay as if they could go right away. Although in my case and others - skin starts to peel after that and can take multiple days to exfoliate that dead skin. I wouldn't consider needling until that process is over, which for me takes up until 7-10 days after needling.

You'll need to pay attention to how your scalp feels after doing this a couple times, to know what is right for you. I'd go with the expectation of doing it every 10 to 14 days or so. If you think you can do that depth/intensity on a weekly basis... go for it.

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello ! My Dr Pen A6 is shipped ! I don' really know how to use it... 1.5 mm every 3 weeks ? 1.5mm once a month, and 0.75mm once a week ? Is there any consensus ?

Hello
According to the study of Dr.Dhurat = 1.5mm every week (7 to 10 days).

and according to the chinese study = 2mm every two weeks (15 days).

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update:

On Sunday I did my 7th session (1x/2 weeks; 2,5 months in)

For the past 4-5 days my hair is looking great. My case is not as impressive as others -or at least not easy to tell since my head is not shaved, I havent taken good pictures and I started needling from a decent coverage- but I can assure that my head hasnt felt this full since I started treating my Androgenetic Alopecia (2,5 years on minoxidil + 1,5 years on finasteride).

Today I just couldnt stop running my fingers through my hair.

This is a pic from today in bright light.

Attachments

• ECB2C579-439C-457A-96AE-6F94698876F9.jpeg
    ECB2C579-439C-457A-96AE-6F94698876F9.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 769

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I pass it around 10 times in different ways but I don't have a method yet, sometimes I go slowly, others a bit faster and backwards. The redness of my temples goes away fast and is the zone where I'm trying harder because is the thinner. Any thoughs? Thanks for your answer
Sounds good, honestly. I don't stay red for too long either. Not even red; but reddish too.
The one scientific reference we have is the Chinese study. They did 3-4 passes on all the patients. They also mention it being reddish (so mild erythema).
You can always up the length if you think it's not doing enough. I can't do much cause I'm already at max length (2 mm) and I lift and press down pretty hard. I do 4 passes.
I’ve never had it either. I’m a slow balder too and have had a hair transplant in the front.
Hey dude. How's your no Minoxidil journey going? Any improvement?

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a quick update:

On Sunday I did my 7th session (1x/2 weeks; 2,5 months in)

For the past 4-5 days my hair is looking great. My case is not as impressive as others -or at least not easy to tell since my head is not shaved, I havent taken good pictures and I started needling from a decent coverage- but I can assure that my head hasnt felt this full since I started treating my Androgenetic Alopecia (2,5 years on minoxidil + 1,5 years on finasteride).

Today I just couldnt stop running my fingers through my hair.

This is a pic from today in bright light.

Jesus. You have a TON of hair! Where the hell are you even rolling??

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ain't gonna lie, it's always a bit painful. Numbing cream helps a bit. I just wouldn't want to be stuck having 1 source to buy tips with the derminator

Well, some dude said that the generic nails from dr pen work on derminator 2 sort off

Im just not sure what to do now. Derminator 2 with looney staff or Dr Pen? Anyone tried the new Dr Pen model? perhaps its less painful?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Back 10 years ago I thought better treatments (than finasteride and minoxidil) being widely available by 2019 was a given, no way in hell there would be nothing new that's fda approved for hair loss by now. Well here we are and we still have finasteride and minoxidil as the best line of defense vs male pattern baldness that's fda approved. That's just crazy. I still come here to see what's new or which one of the treatments on trial is the best but I always leave with less and less hope every time I visit. Lol just gotta keep my focus on other stuff like gym and master's degree and stay balding.

At least you have a masters degree. Im near 30 and never had a job or finished anything past high school. Depressed since I was 13, well before balding, balding just made it worse. Now there's no hope. And its only going to get worse unless dutasteride+dermapen make the miracle happen.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Context: been dermarolling with Minoxidil every 2 weeks at 1.5 mm, taking pictures every couple weeks (although not shared here due to bad experiences in the past) bleeding a lot in the beginning and nowadays skin recovers rather quickly. Started dermarolling on Dec/Jan and only added minoxidil after February. My head is buzzed every week - results are easy to spot even without pics.

So a happy thing happened and I wanted to share. I meet a friend every 2-3 months (since he comes to visit from abroad) and yesterday we hanged out. After our initial greeting, he starts staring at my scalp. I was terrified, thinking I overlooked my flaking scalp or maybe something looks really bad up there, but I try to play cool - what's up man? And then the magical words: "dude, have you done something to your hair? no offense but you always looked balder but it looks fuller to me". Given that this guy knows absolutely nothing about my hair treatments, and given that I buzz my head weekly (so there's no possibility of covering up) you can imagine how I felt.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure people seeing me every day didn't notice anything, so I wouldn't say cosmetic difference is there still, although it's covering slick bald areas pretty fast with more pigmented vellus. Just wishing and begging to hair's God that the trend continues and doesn't stop and/or this is just temporal and they'll shed and everything will be lost - which is IMHO a possibility that needs to be in your mind forever.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using the D2 and was wondering how many passes around each area I need to do? I know for the manual rollers I do 4 horizontal, 4 vertical, 4 diaganol on each area. Is this the case for the D2 also?

Also, for those of you who reuse your needle cartridges, how do you store them? Does it really matter that much since I’ll be sterilizing it again before I reuse it anyway?

Last edited:

Creatine

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started adding essential oils to my regimen (2X a week) jojoba as carrier with a few drops of rosemary,thyme and lavendar oil. Mostly to sooth the scalp itch\flaking on day 3+ after needling. Leave on 30min -1hr and then shower. If it helps with regowth, i'll take it, but it makes hair and scalp look and feel better.