Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im also on finasteride since 2017 (i was norwood 2) in last months what's left of my temples is getting diffuse. Also I'm a Minoxidil non responder. Another option is adding dutas but I'm scared

You should try Minoxidil again with microneedling to see if you improve.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well guys, I think in a couple of months, i'll join the dermarrolling team :) it's not easy for me because I live with my family and I don't want them to find out. My question to you is, as a Norwood 2.5 Who just wants some of his temples back, would you just dermarroll that area or the whole scalp? Also, you think in such a soft case is better the regular approach or the Chen way?
I'm on a similar situation and I do my whole head. I'd say, if you can take it then do the whole scalp. If you really can't or just don't see how it could improve then do the temples.
You can always go hard on the temples and a bit softer on the rest of your head. Kinda middle ground there.
Chen's approach carries a higher risk of cancer (this is why the dermarolling people recommend monthly sessions, there are also a couple of studies about it; see the FAQs thread), so consider that one at your own risk.
And as BigOl' said, try Minoxidil again. Numbers was also a non responder to Minoxidil and look at him now.
Good luck and welcome to the team. Stab it back to life!

HowardWulkan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, so is the verdict that it's pretty much pointless to do this unless you want to be a on finasteride or min?

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on a similar situation and I do my whole head. I'd say, if you can take it then do the whole scalp. If you really can't or just don't see how it could improve then do the temples.
You can always go hard on the temples and a bit softer on the rest of your head. Kinda middle ground there.
Chen's approach carries a higher risk of cancer (this is why the dermarolling people recommend monthly sessions, there are also a couple of studies about it; see the FAQs thread), so consider that one at your own risk.
And as BigOl' said, try Minoxidil again. Numbers was also a non responder to Minoxidil and look at him now.
Good luck and welcome to the team. Stab it back to life!
Thank you for everything, you have help a lot, it's good to know I can count with you, amigo toledano ;)

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for everything, you have help a lot, it's good to know I can count with you, amigo toledano ;)
Indeed man! I'll be around there a lot more when things are better for me.
Mientras tanto nos leemos por aquí amigo. Cualquier cosa puedes contar conmigo, como bien dijiste. :)

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's some Funday action for you crazy balding mofos: :cool:

It's the meat of photo results from this thread - consolidated into a separate one. I've included sources of the postings, photos, anecdotes,etc. Which - I think is very important ... it is easy to lose valuable regimen information. It isn't meant to be a replacement for @benjt2 's survey thread - that has far more detail from each user which is very important as well. Big shoutout to @nohairnolife for making the job easier to identify the top responders in that thread as well.

I've probably missed some results along the way - it was tiring capturing all this info from ~390 pages or so.

Last edited:

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here I am. I've been on minoxidil for 3 years. minoxidil triggered insane regrowth in me after 4 months. Regrowth was so strong that I literally wasn't balding at all. It totally filled my crown. Sadly, I lost those gains in the following 3 months.
I am in my 4th month of needling. Will report again at month 6. If I make gains, it will sure be from needling because minoxidil and finasteride (also 3 years) have already reached their peak in regrowth years ago.

When you lost your minoxidil gains, were you taking other meds / treatments?
You mentioned finasteride for 3 years as well. Has finasteride helped keep the rest of your hair and were you on it when you had the losses?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, so is the verdict that it's pretty much pointless to do this unless you want to be a on finasteride or min?

The community trial will tell us if good regrowth is possible with dermarolling only but I think you can remove finasteride from the the equation. I only found out about dermarolling because I was going bald and really didn't wanna take finasteride.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about hydrocortisone and its use in relation to the inflammation aspect of things

Focused

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Tried to buy a derminator 2 after reading this thread. After trying 2 credit cards multiple times, I sent a message to their customer "service" asking what was going on here and got back this snobby lecture reply and was refused service for asking my question. (proof attached)

Glad I didn't end up supporting such a disrespectful company.
Ended up buying from one of their competitors.

Attachments

• Evidence2.jpg
    Evidence2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 499

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Focused - yeaaaaah... you're not the first to experience this. They have some autistic folks working in customer service. @irishlad8787 I believe experienced similar "customer service" earlier in this thread when he tried to buy one.

Crazy right? A business that really doesn't want your money. My motto is "Don't make it hard for me to do business with you". If I'm trying to throw dollar bills at you... don't put much in the way of me doing that.

What pen did you end up buying then? I just have a cheap one from 'TBPHP' ... does the job fine for me.

Last edited:

Focused

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Focused - yeaaaaah... you're not the first to experience this. They have some autistic folks working in customer service. @irishlad8787 I believe experienced similar "customer service" earlier in this thread when he tried to buy one.

Crazy right? A business that really doesn't want your money. My motto is "Don't make it hard for me to do business with you". If I'm trying to throw dollar bills as you... don't put much in the way of me doing that.

What pen did you end up buying then? I just have a cheap one from 'TBPHP' ... does the job fine for me.

I don't think it's just the customer service, I had the ceo contacted to ask if that was their policy to be condescending to customers or just a rogue employee trying to sabotage their business. The reply was from the same person 'Sarah' (I'm assuming Sarah Vaughter, the owner) confirming it and threatening to "publicly blacklist" me if I posted about this on the forums. I've never met someone so triggered by a simple phrase in my life!
She'd do best to stay far away from dealing with the public...or anyone else in the real world for that matter.

That's a good motto you got, I think theirs is the opposite. I picture that meme with Fry from Futurama saying "Shut up and don't take my money!" Hahah!

To answer your other question, I ended up getting the new Dr.Pen Ultima A6 and saved some money. It hasn't arrived yet, but has been shipped.
Just as importantly, my purchase didn't come with a lecture or threat. ; )

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Focused - I'm sure they produce a good device, although I'd worry about needing "support" in case of any real problems (aside from you trying to ... you know, pay them money).

The A6 is a quality device from what I've seen. On the positive side of this adventure for you - the replacement cartridges are cheaper for the Dr. Pen than the Derminator. If things turn out to be a bust for you... then you didn't blow more cash. If it works for you... then your ongoing costs are cheaper. Win win.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which device do you use?

Using the A6. I like the A6, its very professional. What i also like about it is i can get cartridges pretty easily if i need them. Derminator is obviously great as well.

With dermarolling, if you discontinue using it, will you lose what you've gained like you would with minoxidil or finastride?

I started it about 4.5 month's ago, along with the other two, so I can't say which one has worked for me but I absolutely hate dermarolling! I'd like to stop using it but the results I've had so far are fantastic so I'm contemplating whether or not I want to do it. It's time consuming, painful, and it leaves my hair looking like crap for about 3 days afterwards.

I think you had 2young who said he's stopped for years and maintained. Also guys in one of the studies seemed to have stopped and maintained for months. My personal opinion, for maintenance purposes i think wounding once twice a month is going to be more than enough. I plan on experimenting with this if i get the 6 month result i'm hoping.

It's the meat of photo results from this thread - consolidated into a separate one. I've included sources of the postings, photos, anecdotes,etc. Which - I think is very important ... it is easy to lose valuable regimen information. It isn't meant to be a replacement for @benjt2 's survey thread - that has far more detail from each user which is very important as well. Big shoutout to @nohairnolife for making the job easier to identify the top responders in that thread as well.

I've probably missed some results along the way - it was tiring capturing all this info from ~390 pages or so.

Awesome job man. Its amazing the results in such a short time. Everyday it seems we have more random people popping in with positive anecdotes and or posting pics. Hopefully those who aren't will start to see something soon as well.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Tried to buy a derminator 2 after reading this thread. After trying 2 credit cards multiple times, I sent a message to their customer "service" asking what was going on here and got back this snobby lecture reply and was refused service for asking my question. (proof attached)

Glad I didn't end up supporting such a disrespectful company.
Ended up buying from one of their competitors.
Always amusing to read Sarah's replies. Brilliant
I'm starting to like her.. like the Soup Nazi.
She's right.. "what's going on here?" is disrespectful :D

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow, some man! Thanks for this.

The mods here are a bit of a joke - the guy who banned me doesn't look like he's logged in for about 2 months and he contributes absolutely nothing. I don't want to be a mod but it would be good if you, for example, were able to delete posts that weren't just results pics in the thread you created.

hellyeahCB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got the ultima a6 pen. When I push it too hard onto my scalp, the blue needle cap just pops right off. I'm pretty sure i've turned it counter clockwise to lock it in? Anyone else got any experience with this, aha.

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got the ultima a6 pen. When I push it too hard onto my scalp, the blue needle cap just pops right off. I'm pretty sure i've turned it counter clockwise to lock it in? Anyone else got any experience with this, aha.
Yeah I’ve had the same problem - not so much when actually needling, but just getting it on securely so I can make start on it. I do feel though that the needles sit ever so slightly angled to one side - meaning it’s harder to go back and forth and it feel like it’s getting stuck in the skin when I’m moving in the direction that the needle are going in. Means I usually just do a line in one direction, lift, and go back to the start again...

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you lost your minoxidil gains, were you taking other meds / treatments?
You mentioned finasteride for 3 years as well. Has finasteride helped keep the rest of your hair and were you on it when you had the losses?
I started finasteride about 2-3 weeks after starting minoxidil.
When I lost minoxidil gains, I was back to baseline. I think finasteride has kinda made me maintain at baseline. Not sure if I am a little above or a little below baseline, it's hard to tell.
So yeah, when I lost minoxidil gains, I was on finas as well. But this is no weird case. It is very well known that minoxidil gains are always lost, even with finasteride. However, minoxidil should be kept being used because it helps finasteride to slow down hairloss even further, as many studies have suggested.