Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 376 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. kungfukenny

kungfukenny Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anyone got results from just microneedling? Or maybe needling + sandalore? I can’t use minoxidil.

2. coolio

coolio Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Absence of results without meds isn't very telling when we don't have a comparable number of guys doing the needling without it. We also have trial evidence to believe that going w/o meds will more or less cut the needling results in half, which effectively means it will take twice as long for any results to be visible.

As I have repeatedly pointed out -
    Minor superficial wounding alone can cause some regrowth/new hairs. This is a known fact.

There is more backing up this idea than internet forum broscience. Docs & derms have reported seeing it happen for decades. A number of hair multiplication research projects have incorporated it into their efforts over the years to boost results.

Drextez, ToLGuy, Pigeon and 2 others like this.
  3. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    About Aclaris
    https://investor.aclaristx.com/news...ics-announces-first-patient-dosed-pilot-study

Useful for alopecia areata, it is not our case
    https://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/category/alopecia/

A interesting post in 2016
    https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-and-christiano-interview-10-18.101632/page-7

Pigeon likes this.
  4. Hakandogan

Hakandogan Member

Dislikes Received:
    yesterday I used rifamycin(an antibiotic) before dermaroller (about half an hour ago). Then I used dermaroller. For the first time in my life, I felt so deeply in minoxidili. For about 2 hours I felt that the minoxidil was working perfectly in my head.

kiwi666 likes this.
  5. 9982

9982 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've been on the minoxidil max 6% with .05 finasteride
    Using more than recommended for about 6 weeks with no sides. Except some regrowth.
    I apply directly after a session too

6. Francesco17

Francesco17 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Overpourgoodfortune on this thread also had scary regrowth

7. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    theotherusero and Arrade like this.
  8. ComeBackTemples

ComeBackTemples Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Wow, great results!
    What l-carnitin product are you using?

9. ZidaneBaldGod

ZidaneBaldGod Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So my last pics are from January 30.
    In a couple of days i will upload the photos from month 2.

My hair is now much longer but that shouldn't stop the photos from talking.

Pigeon and overpourgoodfortune like this.
  10. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes, bulb zone being higher up ..... Then if the "road" is affected by hydrahulic forces (Foote's theory) the travel is more hard.

11. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This is Foote's theory right?

"The lymphatics that drain lymph fluid from your bodies extremeties get backed up on your scalp because of higher blood feed in some people's scalps underneath them. Lymphatic vessels have one way "pumps" on them that pump away, moving lymph to tissues that need it, and draining it away constantly. But Stephen thinks that up on your scalp, too much fluid accumulates and is having a hard time draining "back down" into the body due to insufficient drain "plumbing" in the human cranium in many cases due to the relatively few lymph drainage vessels we have up there. As drainiage is very good from the face, neck and upper chest, he feels the vessels in this area below the scalp get "backed up". Its kind of like your bathtub getting clogged with hair, and when you drain it...........it drains too slowly. This "too slow" drain in the face, neck, and upper chest.................leads to too much fluid stuck up there in the scalp in the male pattern baldness areas. Stephen feels that a mild edema takes place and that fluid pressure here gets slightly heightened, but not enough as what happens in clinical edema that happens on a womans arm or legs (also kills hair in many cases there), but just subtlely. When your hair then goes into a resting phase, and the dermal papilla shrinks and migrates upward near the surface of the dermis, pressure underneath it can really get higher. When a new anagen phase is about to happen, the dermal papilla dives down in the dermis but finds it cannot widen like normally due to pressure from the cells around it now because their is pressure against it. This is called contact inhibition and all normal cells exhibit this. Cancer cells do not have contact inhibition and its why they will grow wildly all over the place and invade organs, etc. The dermal papilla, running into enough pressure that its own cells tell themselves "stop, your growing into another organ" only produce vellus-type hairs. As years go on in this process, the stagnant lymph fluid (like stagnant water in a pond) has microbials and other ugly things living in it, and it invites a response from your immune system that tries to kill some of that stuff. In the course of this, oxides and killer cells from the immune system really damage and age the scalp, leading to that old man's scalp "look" and hair cells become irreversably damaged and undergo cellular death. Stephen conteds the lymphatic pumps are androgenically stimulated by DHT and this is why the go too fast in some men, pumping too hard and causing great drainiage from the face (leading to thick beards, alot of neck hair, hairy chests), but that same great drainige down low, backs up the few available "drain pipes" in the upper floors of the building near the penthouse (your scalp)."

Got it from this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/need-a-big-favor-s-footes-theory-in-a-nutshell.30836/

Armando Jose likes this.
  12. itsjustsimon

itsjustsimon Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Guys, do you have dry scalp (skin) the next day after dermarolling and the hair overall seems thinner and it's easier to see through a scalp?

hailbrotzu likes this.
  13. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @itsjustsimon - Yup. I find the hair itself is a little lifeless afterwards until about Day 5 or so as well. Feels 'thinner' after a session for sure for me. Definitely peeling/flaking skin for me from Day 3/4 all the way to Day 10'ish or so.

Not too get too far off topic - but knowing that this isn't 'dry' skin, but shedding... dead skin... what shampoos/conditioners would be best to help rid the scalp of the flakes? It isn't dandruff of course.

• Are there some exfoliating, moisturizing shampoos/conditioners we should be using to help rid the scalp of the peeling skin?

itsjustsimon likes this.
  14. WaterlooSunrise

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Those of you who are dermarolling with NW2/NW3, do you dermaroll only on your temples, or over the rest of your susceptible area too?

15. ComeBackTemples

ComeBackTemples Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The whole head - the idea is to improve blood flow over you whole head

WaterlooSunrise likes this.
  16. orange86

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    ComeBackTemples, what is your derma rolling regime?

My temples and hairline above temples are receding.

im derma-rolling once a week with 1mm derma roller (will switch up to 1.5mm soon). will apply minoxidil twice a day, although the exception of 24 hours AFTER derma rolling.

17. qwerty07

qwerty07 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey guys,

I'm not new to the posts as I've been reading for a couple of years. I'm someone who is VERY good at catching patterns and I feel we are all on to something. My hairloss is more on the stable side as of now, I haven't had a shed in a while, thank god, and I've done a very good job maintaining what I have. I totally understand we are all at different levels of hairloss, but we all have one end goal in common, get back, or close to the hair we once had. On a Norwood scale id fall into a Norwood 1.5 MAYBE a 2, but my hairloss is a little different. It was brought on as a start with Telogen Effluvium(Telogen Effluvium). I then noticed tons of dandruff, inflammation, and of course thinning hair. I've had bad acne through much of my adolescence as well as up until I was 23. Currently I take Turmeric, Pumpkin Seed Oil, and Stinging Nettle root. This may be long and I apologize but I've learned so much along the way and feel I have grasped a pretty good handle on what was happening within my body. I know the mixed reviews on Herbal DHT blockers, they don't work for everyone, but in my case I KNOW they are working as I have been acne free for 3 years, I shampoo once a week now (Very little sebum, rinse with water on non shampoo days), and my hair has darkened in color. Since my initial scare back in 2014 I've been on a mission to figure this out. My hair has filled into the point where I can easily hide any thinning with my style and this is the point I want to push past. Yes, I do realize EVERYONE/MOST people would LOVE the hair I have now, and I do love it myself, but DHT sensitivity is definitely in my genes and I'm doing what I can now in my earlier years to hopefully have hairier years ahead. I've noticed that there are a few things that need to happen before dermarolling can be effective.

1. Balance your hormones(DHT and Testosterone) Whether naturally(Lookup natural 5-AR inhibitors) or using finasteride,Duta and so on.
    2. Remove the Sebum from your scalp til the shine doesn't exist. Until you remove the shine DHT will forever shrink the follicles.
    3. Stimulate hair growth (What we are doing with the Dermaroller)

If the first 2 steps are done then dermarolling can be given a shot. A majority of the times I've been on here I notice not many people understand all that is happening here and are willing to try everything and anything. I feel that im on to something here because a few of my friends have gone bald while I was maintaining, and if I can maintain for 4 years still then 1. I was never balding, or 2. I have control of my situation and a good understanding. I know DHT was wrecking havoc on my system, therefore I know I was at the beginning stages of losing my hair. I am still not 100% happy, but I am well on my way.

Overall, Dermarolling is helping me stimulate new growth, I can see it in my left temple as this is the only place I am using this. My vertex has SLIGHT thinning but if my left temple thickens up, I will go ahead and start rolling on the back too. As of now, I'm following along with you guys on this journey and I wish us all the best of luck!

CJ_Frankfurt, Drextez and lenuam like this.
  18. qwerty07

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

Definitely wait a day. I wanted to just sooth the area so I have some essential oils I add to my shampoo and conditioner, rosemary oil being one of them. I applied this right after rolling and I had 24-30 hours of heart palpation's.. So if essential oils gave me palpitations, then I can only assume Min is going to be similar. For the people that apply Min right after, its more than likely they aren't going as deep with the dermaroller or pens so it would make sense as it doesn't go as systematic.

19. orange86

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi, what is your derma rolling and minoxidil regime?
    what needle size do you use? do you wait 24 hours after derma rolling to apply minoxidil ?

20. qwerty07

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Currently I am using a .5mm roller, 540 needles. I do get some blood spots, but in the beginning, I did not. I've been doing this for 6 weeks now, about 4 sessions. I am a bit scared to switch over to Min so I've been using just a natural elixir I have made using Rosemary, Peppermint, Lavender, Ginseng, and Vitamin E. I 100% understand this is a Derma and MIN only group, but all of our methods induce the same mechanisms of repair, and I'm seeing results. I never got on min as my hair didn't seem bad enough to need it. My hair has gone through quite a few changes so I'm hoping this is the last step in my recovery process. If I use dermaroller Sat @ 8pm then I wont put the elixir on til atleast 4pm the next day. I mean I thought I was going to die the next day and it was just rosemary oil... One thing I do that I didnt mention and it probably helps a lot, I have a bottle of Vitamin E gel caps. After I dermaroll I will open a cap up and put the jelly on the area I rolled. Not sure if this makes a difference but it definitely aids in healing.

itchymadscalp likes this.