Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay guys, just as i promised. Here are the month two pictures.

I'm no photographer, but i used the same light as last time, and took the pictures in the same room and angle.

Harsh lights
View attachment 113998 View attachment 114001

Darker lights
View attachment 113999
View attachment 114002 View attachment 114003
I actually have no idea if i got any improvement. With my pattern, it's super hard to tell.
What i can tell you for sure though, is that my hair did not get much worse, so i'm 90% sure that this sh*t works for maintenance.
Also my hair looks super healthy and sebum free, so that's a plus.

Someone with a good eye might be able to help me see if there's any improvement.

Just keep in mind that my hair is much longer here.
Are you on minoxidil too? Or just needling? Sorry if this has already been asked

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding betadine, is it a topical? And when should it be applied? Before or after needling?
Also, would it need to be applied daily or just on needling days?

And are there any risks/side effects to it?
Thanks.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys also sore fore 2 days after needling or am I going to hard?

If you go hard enough it will still be red / sore to the touch for 3 - 4 days following needling. This is normal.

The harder you roll the more likely there will be success.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First pic 1 month into microneedling and second pic 2 months into microneedling.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-212228.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-212228.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 835
  • Screenshot_20190303-212301.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-212301.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 840

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you go hard enough it will still be red / sore to the touch for 3 - 4 days following needling. This is normal.

The harder you roll the more likely there will be success.
Just needling. Which would make any results i get more worthwhile in my opinion.

I don't want hair dependant on min. I want hair that will last.
what is your routine? Depth/redness/pen/frequency etc

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just finished my 5th session and I’m seeing ALOT of activity around the hairline. Vellus hairs starting to thicken up and getting some color, hair feels thicker when brushing through, definitely getting some positive results even just 5 weeks in.

This last session was my hardest yet, I’m finding as I feel and see the progress it’s pushing me to go harder and longer on my sessions.

On a very big positive note, I’m no longer a hat prisoner and I’m even getting compliments on my hair looking good from friends and colleagues at work.

Keep on needling ladies and gentlemen!

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just finished my 5th session and I’m seeing ALOT of activity around the hairline. Vellus hairs starting to thicken up and getting some color, hair feels thicker when brushing through, definitely getting some positive results even just 5 weeks in.

This last session was my hardest yet, I’m finding as I feel and see the progress it’s pushing me to go harder and longer on my sessions.

On a very big positive note, I’m no longer a hat prisoner and I’m even getting compliments on my hair looking good from friends and colleagues at work.

Keep on needling ladies and gentlemen!
When didi you start minoxidil and/or finasteride or other treatments? With needling or before? if the latter, when exactly?

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
When didi you start minoxidil and/or finasteride or other treatments? With needling or before? if the latter, when exactly?

I started dutasteride EOD around the same time as needling, I’ve been using sandalore/peppermint oil mixture every day in December.

I have procyanidin B2, Cilostazol and Equol on the way from China and I plan on making a topical with all those and Sandalore added in and dropping PMO.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is your routine? Depth/redness/pen/frequency etc

Dermarolling with 1.5mm. 1x a week, usually one session every Sunday.
I get mild redness that lasts for about 1-2 hours, pain? During the session, it's definitely painful but it's bearable.
I also think that my pain tolerance is getting better, the first few sessions were much more painful than the last.
The sore feeling on my scalp usually lasts for 24-48 hours at most.
My head feels inflamed after i'm done with a session and i feel improved blood flow. This inflamed sensation lasts for about 24 hours but it's not that bad, it actually feels therapeutic.
I usually get almost no blood, maybe a little spots here and there, but really even if i press the needles as hard as i can, i barely get any bleeding.

What happens after a session?
The itch completely disappears for about 4-5 days. I also start to flake again after 4-5 days, even shedding skin. I take this as a good sign, maybe all the dead, DHT infested cells are getting replaced.

Last edited:

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup.

This would be the holy grail imo.

Maintenance just by microneedling.

Imagine no more use of fina or other synthetics, etc just for maintenance.

Hopefully this thread will provide us with some answers, your testimonial gives confidence though.
It definitely seems that there is a connection between diffuse thinning and success with needling. When I started I was a strong NW2. Now, 4 mos later my hairline is worse off than it has ever been in almost 20 years of fighting hairloss. I just needed a little bit if density in my temples/hairline. Instead it has thinned a great deal. If those with the least amount of loss should respond the best to this, I haven’t seen that materialize. I do not believe this is successful for maintenance. Again, my experience, but that’s what I’ve gathered doing this myself and reading other’s experience. Happy for all those that have responded to this.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are the long term minoxidil users who started Microneedling recently?
Here I am. I've been on minoxidil for 3 years. minoxidil triggered insane regrowth in me after 4 months. Regrowth was so strong that I literally wasn't balding at all. It totally filled my crown. Sadly, I lost those gains in the following 3 months.
I am in my 4th month of needling. Will report again at month 6. If I make gains, it will sure be from needling because minoxidil and finasteride (also 3 years) have already reached their peak in regrowth years ago.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a problem with the study - and a reason for the high response rate in the study - is that they only used Indian men.

I would put money on them being better responders to this than the average, non-Indian, man. Indians tend to be diffuse thinners and this seems to be most effective on diffuse hair loss.
There’s a study I read which looked into the genes of a few Chinese men with Androgenetic Alopecia. They discovered that the common Mutation in the X chromosome found in European men with Androgenetic Alopecia is not present in Chinese men I.e monomorphic. This may also be the case for Indian men.. hence why those 2 studies have high success rate.

Most of the baldness gene in these Chinese men were found in chromosome 20.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on minoxidil for 7-8 years then started needling about 13-14 weeks ago. I also didn't have a terrible baseline. This needling thing has singlehandedly been the best thing i have ever done for my hairloss. I'm hoping at the 6 month mark things are even better.

I've been reading this thread since the beginning. I would say the % of people who are at least seeing something positive is very high, and its still very early. Everyone is different, some may take alot more time. I just hope people stick with this. Its not that costly or time consuming and their is actual science behind it.

BTW idk if this has been posted. This was from reddit. Guys been 4 months derma and minoxidil. 1 month finasteride. Obviously different lengths but looking on the right path.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/av4v8o/4_month_progress_41m/

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on minoxidil and RU since more than 4 years.

Dermapen 1.5 mm once a week.

I don't think there is any improvement yet but maybe in 2 or 3 months.

From my experience, the spot you've taken a photo of won't show immediate results. My most "amazing" results came on the top of my scalp. Temples, widows peak etc are making progress but it's much, much slower than my initial gains on the top of my scalp.

Stick with it.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s a study I read which looked into the genes of a few Chinese men with Androgenetic Alopecia. They discovered that the common Mutation in the X chromosome found in European men with Androgenetic Alopecia is not present in Chinese men I.e monomorphic. This may also be the case for Indian men.. hence why those 2 studies have high success rate.

Most of the baldness gene in these Chinese men were found in chromosome 20.

This must be why people dismiss some hair regrowth success stories when it's a Chinese person. I've seen many mentions of someone having "Asian genes" and their results have been dismissed because of that.