Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my most intense session a few days ago. The lymph nodes are enlarged again. I can confirm that if the session is intense enough, for me, then the lymph nodes become swollen.
By the way, how's your crown doing? You said a month ago that your crown was finally starting to respond. Is it still improving?

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
God bless you for bringing hope and hype to this thread and congratulations on your MASSIVE results.
I have needled 5 times (every 10 days, I started 8th of january) and I still havent seen improvement, but I know it's still soon and posts like yours make me look forward to my next butchery
@Headdy why would you dislike a post like that? You're a dick

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeez look at those results

Not impressed by guys going on a full blown tranny regimen to regrow their hair.

I am altho it's not practical for most of us

Anybody know off-hand any particular studies about minoxidil and collagen? I could Google it later but maybe someone knows of one. I'll update my post in a little bit

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil has no sides
Good for you, you don't get sides with Minoxidil! But sadly you ≠ everyone else.
A roster of common side effects lists people experiencing dizziness, fainting, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, difficult breathing and even unusual weight gain.
So much for "no sides" eh?
May 2018 (no treatment)
View attachment 113681
July 2018 (one month)
View attachment 113680

January 2019 (6 months big 3 + biotin vitamins, 3 months dermaroll light 1.5mm ~1x/week)
View attachment 113679 View attachment 113678
Nice to see yet another case of regrowth on completely bald areas. Congrats and welcome, buddy!

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After reading @chen 's post I decided to buy a 1MM dermaroller and try a less frequent version of his regimen.
Old regimen -> Derma-rolling with 1.5mm dermaroller until mild bleeding (just mild tiny cuts. Not as aggressive bleeding as some others). I used to do this once a week. No minoxidil for 24 hrs after dermarolling and I used to feel some burning sensation on the scalp for a day or two after dermarolling.

I tried chen's style today. I did not derma-roll the old way until mild bleeding but just rolled across the scalp for 10 mins normally. Like massaging in some sense. Now 4 hrs later when I was applying minoxidil I could feel slight pain in the scalp while using my finger to spread the minoxidil.

My theory is that although there's no visible damage there is indeed some micro-level injury to the scalp. This causes the body to release healing factors to the scalp (similar to what happens when you get small cuts). By doing this everyday chen was able to reverse the balding because the healing factors released by the body nourished his hair follicles and the hair started getting healthier over time.

So, my new regimen is ->
1) Mild rolling like chen twice a week so that the body keeps releasing growth factors.
2) Old style of harsher rolling once a week with 1.5mm

I am not sure if it will work and if it works will it work as well as it works for chen. But I'll try my best to document the process honestly and post my results here.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tressful11 - it is hard to argue with his results! Do you feel that your 1.5mm harsher rolling should be cut to bi-weekly, or monthly - if you're doing a more frequent lighter rolling?

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tressful11 - it is hard to argue with his results! Do you feel that your 1.5mm harsher rolling should be cut to bi-weekly, or monthly - if you're doing a more frequent lighter rolling?
I am certainly willing to experiment. I will continue modifying the regimen as and when I feel necessary. Right now with weekly harsh rolling I am going to give the scalp 2-3 days to heal and then do the mild rolling. Mild rolling will only be twice a week. So it's still not as frequent as chen's regimen

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to your body - great idea. Healing is a big part of the game here as well.

Do you find with rolling - you get peeling, flaking skin afterwards? With my pen - I usually start to see that around Day 4. Otherwise my scalp feels pretty decent by that time. I remember @Ludachris Batbak commented that he rolled prior to his recent Sept-January re-growth success, yet he experienced flaking (or more) with the Pen, versus with the Roller.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to your body - great idea. Healing is a big part of the game here as well.

Do you find with rolling - you get peeling, flaking skin afterwards? With my pen - I usually start to see that around Day 4. Otherwise my scalp feels pretty decent by that time. I remember @Ludachris Batbak commented that he rolled prior to his recent Sept-January re-growth success, yet he experienced flaking (or more) with the Pen, versus with the Roller.

Yes, flaking starts for me on day 2 and slowly goes down by around day 3-4.
I think the reason for more flaking with pen is due to the more consistency in covering your entire scalp. With dermaroller you might press more harder in certain areas and less harder in others. With dermaroller most of the pressure is controlled by you

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, how's your crown doing? You said a month ago that your crown was finally starting to respond. Is it still improving?
It shed a bit, but yeah my crown is getting better, as the rest of my hair is. I'm currently growing it all out now, will be updating soon.

Merkules

My Regimen
Reaction score
But isn't that even better?I mean, if a almost completly bald head can regrow hair, lower nordwoods should do at least as good as the higher nws

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish we had some result on norwood iii or lower, all results seems to be in high norwoods
Yeah but i find it likely most people with a lot of hair would avoid seemingly drastic approaches like needling before it had concrete evidence. So we will likely have to wait for this generation of needlers before we now one way or the other.
I'm a norwood II, closing in on three months very soon. Hopefully i will be able to share some progress within the next three months, so far it seems to be making the tiny blond hairs in my recently lost areas grow longer but still to early for any drastic changes

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish we had some result on norwood iii or lower, all results seems to be in high norwoods
That’s because most people with NW3 or lower only have balding in the temples. They would need to regrow hair in slick bald areas and I’ve only seen very few do that with very aggressive regime.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Merkules - Pretty sure he still had receded temples. He restored most (all?) of the hair to where his hairline was at. I believe he was concentrating on temples now IIRC... but I think JonnyGo is right, that's going to take a lot of time due to growing it from a bald area.