Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think in a way were all setting a really high expectation in a short time period. i'm definitely guilty as well. I look at my hair daily for changes when i should be looking monthly. I've had very nice thickening in just 2 months. I know if it continues i'd get to where i want to. I also have to remind myself its going to take alot more time. As some have mentioned its a marathon not a sprint.

I think chen is a great example, he saw results and continues to see results 2 years later, albeit at a slow pace. I still think thats the biggest promise in needling. Being able to potentially compound on results over time without treatment losing effectiveness.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s because most people with NW3 or lower only have balding in the temples. They would need to regrow hair in slick bald areas and I’ve only seen very few do that with very aggressive regime.
Yeah... That's my consurance, it's hard top regrow temples. Although I think NW3 id beyond temples, so it's not that hard to reach NW2

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish we had some result on norwood iii or lower, all results seems to be in high norwoods

Even slight regrowth on a bald head is obvious (and looks like a lot of regrowth) because of the drastic contrast. The same regrowth on a person with diffuse hairloss wont even be noticeable. So i suspect that bald headed folks and people with diffuee hairloss are probably getting the same regrowth, but for people with more hair, it is hard to discern, therefore more regrowth(ie time ) will be needed to make it visuallly noticeable. This is also why almost everyone has reported fine hairs on the temple, because its easier to notice compared to else where on the head

stillwaters

Reaction score
At about 4.5 months with Derminator 1x week/minoxidil 2x day. I'm more or less bald but in the right light i can see hundreds if not thousands of super thin but pigmented hairs growing. They don't show up without looking really hard at just the right angle, but they are indeed terminals -- I have a lot of the non-pigmented hairs too but they don't really help.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i did my first session today with the derminator 2, i did it at 1.5mm. First impression, a little intimidating but once your ease your way in, its not that bad at all. Compared to using a 1.5mm dermaroller, it is less painful, and more bloody ( if used at high speed setting).In the end, my head is throbbing, which feels marvelous ( like a massage). I will probably only do this once every week aa compared to once a week with the dermaroller mainly because i bled more, buflt we will see

A few questions for the folks that use the derminator:

1) do use the high speed? I started off using the medium setting, but it felt like it was doing nothing, so i turned it to the high speed setting, which is MUCH faster and thats when i started getting blood spots
2) the website suggests to go in circles, but i find this difficult to apply moderate pressure while going in circles and then its also much harder to keep track of the spots you hit, so i switched back to vertical and horizontal lines. What motion do you do it in?
3) how many passes are needed? Once i turned it to high speed setting, one vertical pass was enough to make me bleed evenly. So i jist did one more for good measure. I know with dermarolling its suggested to do like 9 passes in an area. But given that the high speed setting is so fast, one pass is probably equivalent to at least 9 passes with a dermaroller.

4) if bled in one pass, is that suffice to active wound healing or is bleeding not an indicator of that? This sort of goes into question 3

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i did my first session today with the derminator 2, i did it at 1.5mm. First impression, a little intimidating but once your ease your way in, its not that bad at all. Compared to using a 1.5mm dermaroller, it is less painful, and more bloody ( if used at high speed setting).In the end, my head is throbbing, which feels marvelous ( like a massage). I will probably only do this once every week aa compared to once a week with the dermaroller mainly because i bled more, buflt we will see

A few questions for the folks that use the derminator:

1) do use the high speed? I started off using the medium setting, but it felt like it was doing nothing, so i turned it to the high speed setting, which is MUCH faster and thats when i started getting blood spots
2) the website suggests to go in circles, but i find this difficult to apply moderate pressure while going in circles and then its also much harder to keep track of the spots you hit, so i switched back to vertical and horizontal lines. What motion do you do it in?
3) how many passes are needed? Once i turned it to high speed setting, one vertical pass was enough to make me bleed evenly. So i jist did one more for good measure. I know with dermarolling its suggested to do like 9 passes in an area. But given that the high speed setting is so fast, one pass is probably equivalent to at least 9 passes with a dermaroller.

4) if bled in one pass, is that suffice to active wound healing or is bleeding not an indicator of that? This sort of goes into question 3
I’m on derminator weekly and go over my entire head until I’m bleeding evenly all over.

I’m not taking heaps of blood either. Probably just the same amount of blood dots as anybody else who bleeds at 1.75 - 2mm on fast.

I don’t know about #4... that’s the theory :)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
At about 4.5 months with Derminator 1x week/minoxidil 2x day. I'm more or less bald but in the right light i can see hundreds if not thousands of super thin but pigmented hairs growing. They don't show up without looking really hard at just the right angle, but they are indeed terminals -- I have a lot of the non-pigmented hairs too but they don't really help.

Congrats.

So being more or less bald are you saying you started this regime as a Norwood 4 or 5?

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Disclaimer: information of no practical use

In the last few days I have the impression my crown feels and looks fuller, but it could just be that my hair is less oily or has grown longer. This uncertainty is painstaking

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Careful, I asked that exact question a couple years and was immediately banned. But yes I have tried it a couple times and can say this. .you might not see any blood after rolling but a cup will bring it out quick. Also wonder if it could cause stretch marks.

Has anyone heard about Hijama (Cupping Therapy) for hairloss?
Seems to be another blood circulation and wounding method (they draw blood).

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Careful, I asked that exact question a couple years and was immediately banned. But yes I have tried it a couple times and can say this. .you might not see any blood after rolling but a cup will bring it out quick. Also wonder if it could cause stretch marks.
Can you please share more about your experience with it?

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
I literally did it like two or three times so can't say much. You can order a cupping kit on amazon for cheap....still have mine might give it another go as im back to rolling.

Can you please share more about your experience with it?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@K.K - What shampoos are you using? I find I need to rotate the use of H&S, Nizoral and Selsun Blue. With the latter being the most effective for me. Occasionally I'll get SD on my face - and using the suds on my face from Selsun Blue during a shower really helps there.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish we had some result on norwood iii or lower, all results seems to be in high norwoods
Indeed.
As a NW3, the biggest gripe I have with my hair loss is this fugly recession.
I obviously won't be able to do it myself, but perhaps Follica is able to stab it to sh*t.
Hope they materialize.
As for Numberdude: he didn't get his temples back but was seeing small progress.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@K.K - That's good. SD can be pretty stubborn, so I've found it requires different angles of attack. When you use your shampoos - don't just concentrate on the scalp only. The fungus that feeds on sebum, that in turn gives you SD can live in the folds of your ears and on your face too. When I was diagnosed by a Derm in my early 20s - he sent me packing with some Nizoral *cream* which he instructed me to use in those areas as needed as well, to get things under control (alongside just Nizoral shamppo). That was okay, although I find dragging the suds from Nizoral or Selsun Blue mostly helps to dry out the sebum oil that the fungus feeds off of. That's the goal - don't give the fungus food. None of that did he tell me though - it has been from my reading over the last 15 years or so.

It will flare up occasionally for me (primarily in the winter I've noticed) but has largely been under control the last few years.

As for treating the underlying root case of SD - (the creation of excess sebum) is another story. Lots of theories go on about that... diet/lifestyle, chronic inflammation, etc. I wish I knew my exact trigger(s), but at least I've managed to get the symptoms under control.

Reactions: K.K

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I literally did it like two or three times so can't say much. You can order a cupping kit on amazon for cheap....still have mine might give it another go as im back to rolling.
Are you going to needle and then use the cupping right after?
That's interesting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed.
As a NW3, the biggest gripe I have with my hair loss is this fugly recession.
I obviously won't be able to do it myself, but perhaps Follica is able to stab it to sh*t.
Hope they materialize.
As for Numberdude: he didn't get his temples back but was seeing small progress.

They're getting there. First pic is from May, second pic is from a few days ago.

Glad other people are seeing results.

20180530_135403 (1).jpg IMG_20190216_174719.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@74775446 - Welcome back! That actually looks like some good progress. 9 months then? Further proof that temples/hairline require a long term treatment. You got a lot of action back elsewhere on your scalp early on - but this area clearly takes time.

Thank you. I started in March 2018 and the first photo (the one taken in May 2018) was an improvement from baseline. In the 9 months since then my temples have thickened and my hairline looks much further forward. I don't know what you call it but the pointy bit of hair that is just under my temples and in front of my ears has moved forward a lot, too.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I started in March 2018 and the first photo (the one taken in May 2018) was an improvement from baseline. In the 9 months since then my temples have thickened and my hairline looks much further forward. I don't know what you call it but the pointy bit of hair that is just under my temples and in front of my ears has moved forward a lot, too.
Have other areas on your scalp shown any improvement recently?