Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 367 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. JJL58

JJL58 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Because it's reducing inflammation. The point of needling is to cause inflammation and wound to regenerate hair. Using an anti inflammatory like nizoral almost seems to defeat the purpose. It's something I've been debating stopping for weeks but i want to know if those seeing dramatic results are using ketaconzole.

2. HairSuit

HairSuit Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think st this point, it’s safe to say that the infrequency of results from different users only adds to the argument of there being many different causes to hairloss. I have been needling + minoxidil for over 4 mos now, and have only gotten worse. I only had slight thinning in my hairline. When I started it was almost unnoticeable. Now, 4 mos in, its much more noticeable. Yet, diffuse thinners, or people with more severe loss have gotten some great results. Yet again we are seeing that hairloss continues to not allow us a one size fits all solution.

Francesco17 and NilesCrane like this.
  3. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are you wounding hard enough?

4. HairSuit

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    To say that it has to be done until your head is turned into a bloody pulp is misleading, I think. Every single study that we sight and use for proof of concept, they only wounded to redness. I use 1.5 derminator once every 7-10 days. I take it even slightly beyond just redness to little dots of blood. Some people have gone to a bloody pulp, others just redness. Some in both cases have gotten results..... but not most.

5. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Imo, it's necessary to wound. I would say I go somewhere inbetween the pressure of redness and bloody pulp. I didn't see results until I started applying heavier pressure. It's nothing like a bloody pulp but it's more aggressive than redness and some blood spots.

I have had moderate results. Needling is definitely working for me. My question is if stopping regenepureDR (ketaconzole, an anti inflammatory) would lead to full results.

overpourgoodfortune likes this.
  6. layabout

layabout Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    who will close the thread lol ?

this place is lawless, the admins are only here like once a month

Pigeon and overpourgoodfortune like this.
  7. jh0nnyc4sh

jh0nnyc4sh New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't hear nobody in this thread talking about iodine. In the indian study they put betadine(a iodine form) on the scalp. I think this is a underrated point. If u remember 2young2retire also use betadine.
    But there is more. In a 2005 case study they investigate about topical iodine(lugol) on wound regeneration and they discover the possibility of hair rigeneration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re..._A_case_report_An_interim_35_year_summary/amp

". Not all, but most important results are presented. Topical iodine induces hair growth in and around scars."

Also Cotsarelis in one of the follica's patent talk about apply some topical on induced wound. In the list of this topical he includes iodine ond others similar element like lithium.

Resuming : i think we must consider iodine and his derivates (betadine, lugol) not only like disinfectant, but also for their active role in hair regrowth.

8. sportsguy97

sportsguy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If you look at follica's sight they say wounding creates an environment for regrowth. However the topical is there to push the skin to form a new hair. It makes sense.

What someone asked before is what happens when we achieve the regrowth we want? Can we stop using minoxidil, can we wound less frequently. The later i definitely think to be true, we had people in the studies not lose results 4-5 months after. We also had two young stop for years and keep his results. I can manage wounding once a week, i can def do it once a month for the rest of my life if need be. minoxidil we have to see.

True although we never really saw pics of ever single person in the studies. I still think its beneficial to throw in a "heavier" type session once a month.The beauty is i don't think we'd have to do something like this long term. Right now were wounding for growth. Maintenance is probably alot different.

9. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Interesting. When 2young says "dip galea in betandine" what does he mean?

10. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    lmao

11. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What? He actually said that

12. HairSuit

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It may be different, but here’s the problem..... I haven’t even gotten that. And it seems that others on here have experienced the same thing. I set out on this for Maintenance, primarily, since I hat quit finasteride. If I got regrowth, fantastic... that’s a bonus. I haven’t gotten either, and it’s only gotten worse. Again, this has clearly worked for some people, but why there is there such an unpredictability as to whom it will work for?.....That is the big question.

#7332 HairSuit, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  13. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    he means head lol
    it's a euphemism for head in italian

14. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How do you dip your head in it lmao

15. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    why do you take everything so literally? do you not understand figurative speech?

16. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just want to make sure I'm doing the procedure right

17. WMQ

WMQ Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's not Italian though. Galea is the piece of tissue across your scalp connecting to the muscles surrounding it. If you look up what it looks like you would realize that it perfectly coincides with male pattern baldness pattern. Many people supporting the mechanic stress theory regards it as the root cause of baldness. So he was essentially saying "cover NW6 in betadine".

18. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    so... essentially just cover your head.

19. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How is your regrowth

20. Heat06

Heat06 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    The majority of you guys going at a depth of 2mm or deeper? 2mm causes redness and occasional blood dots for me, but nothing close to some of these butchering blood photos I’m seeing of some of your scalps.

I have noticable redness that lasts 72 hours after every session. However, do I need to go deeper and shred my scalp even more to get even better results? 2mm at this point does not hurt much anymore. It’s just uncomfortable, but tolerable.

I could go deeper, but curious if anyone getting results is in fact doing 2.5mm or even higher.