Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 367 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. orange86

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Folks, will derma rolling with minoxidil regrow hair in bald spots?

I'm 33 and my hairline and temples have been receeding for 3 years. Any chance it could work on bald spots ?

2. Hakandogan

Hakandogan Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use 2.5mm dermaroller.

3. R_gesus

R_gesus Member

Dislikes Received:
    I believe that most of these results are coming from the minoxidil going systematic. I’ve been dermarolling without minoxidil for just about four months, and I’ve at best maintained (probably continued to lose). Not gonna lie though, the pain of dermarolling Is a bit cathartic. It makes the scalp feel more alive, and relieves some of the itch.

1knox1 likes this.
  4. BaldAndBalder

BaldAndBalder Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Dude, don't post bloody pictures this thread will be locked like the previous one because of it.

Spanishboy97 likes this.
  5. Hakandogan

Hakandogan Member

Dislikes Received:
    I dont have got before Photo but i have got a photo when i dont use dermarolling. It means before 3 months.

Attached Files:

overpourgoodfortune likes this.
  6. JJL58

JJL58 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Did you use nizoral or ketaconzole during this? This is an important question that needs to be answered for those with success.

7. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The reason why this is important is because ketaconzole may be impeding the progress of needling due to being an anti inflammatory. So this can potentially help the people who aren't seeing results

#7327 JJL58, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Arrade likes this.
  8. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    On a side note needling appears to be working best with diffuse thinners

9. Spanishboy97

Spanishboy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If dermarrolling is really just a Minoxidil ennhancer that would suck because that would mean the new hair is temporary just like with minoxidil alone

10. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I thought about this. My theory is Minoxidil is a dermarolling enhancer. It's actually the reverse. Dermarolling is wounding, creating an entirely new environment for new hair growth and minoxidil is speeding up the new growth process by being a vasodilator and providing optimal conditions for the environment.

Hence why studies show

Minoxidil alone hasn't worked for some patients.

Dermarolling works alone but takes a long time.

The combination of both provides the fastest results.

A handful of people have had significant results without the use of minoxidil on these forums also.

A good way to think about this is to view Minoxidil in the aspect of steroids. If you hit the gym hard, eat right, etc you will achieve muscle growth over some period of time with consistency. If you start taking steroids while doing this, you will achieve the results faster. With that said you can still achieve desired results without the steroids, it will just take longer with consistency.

(As a disclaimer, this is merely an example and i don't reccoomend anybody uses steroids)

#7330 JJL58, Feb 21, 2019
  11. Merkules

Merkules New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So lets say I needle in combination with minoxidil until I get the desired results , I could stop using minoxidil and continue with only needling and maintain my achieved results? This is what bothers me the most and I would love to hear experience about that

#7331 Merkules, Feb 21, 2019
  12. Trouse

Trouse Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm not trying to knock your results or demean or anything like that I'm just genuinely asking....what the heck do you do after a rolling session like that when your head is just covered in blood? How do you go grab a bite to eat or go to work the next morning? If this really works with diffuse thinners and minoxidil users I may have to give it a real go but it seems highly impractical to be walking around with what equates to a massive, open wound on top of the head.

13. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    We need more trial and error to determine this but this is EXACTLY what I concluded would be the case.

After achieving desired results, i plan on stopping minoxidil and reducing dermarolling to once a month to maintain.

#7333 JJL58, Feb 21, 2019
    Drextez likes this.
  14. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's honestly not that bad and not nearly as bad as it appears after a session (although im not going quite as hard as the user you are referring to). It heals QUICK. A rinse with cold water and 48 hours later and it's rather unnoticeable. Even leading up to the 48 hours the scalp just appears a bit red, perhaps not even much noticeable unless you draw attention to it.

This is why i usually do the session Friday night or Saturday. By Monday, when it's time to work again it's unnoticeable. And I'm doing my regimen with a 0 guard buzzcut.

From my experience minoxidil daily is more unsightly due to the immense flaking.

#7334 JJL58, Feb 21, 2019
    kiwi666 and Trouse like this.
  15. krk

krk New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Why would anti-inflammatories do that? I am about to take a medication that is very anti-inflammatory for a few weeks for an unrelated issue.

16. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Because it's reducing inflammation. The point of needling is to cause inflammation and wound to regenerate hair. Using an anti inflammatory like nizoral almost seems to defeat the purpose. It's something I've been debating stopping for weeks but i want to know if those seeing dramatic results are using ketaconzole.

17. HairSuit

HairSuit Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think st this point, it’s safe to say that the infrequency of results from different users only adds to the argument of there being many different causes to hairloss. I have been needling + minoxidil for over 4 mos now, and have only gotten worse. I only had slight thinning in my hairline. When I started it was almost unnoticeable. Now, 4 mos in, its much more noticeable. Yet, diffuse thinners, or people with more severe loss have gotten some great results. Yet again we are seeing that hairloss continues to not allow us a one size fits all solution.

Francesco17 and NilesCrane like this.
  18. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are you wounding hard enough?

19. HairSuit

HairSuit Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    To say that it has to be done until your head is turned into a bloody pulp is misleading, I think. Every single study that we sight and use for proof of concept, they only wounded to redness. I use 1.5 derminator once every 7-10 days. I take it even slightly beyond just redness to little dots of blood. Some people have gone to a bloody pulp, others just redness. Some in both cases have gotten results..... but not most.

20. JJL58

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Imo, it's necessary to wound. I would say I go somewhere inbetween the pressure of redness and bloody pulp. I didn't see results until I started applying heavier pressure. It's nothing like a bloody pulp but it's more aggressive than redness and some blood spots.

I have had moderate results. Needling is definitely working for me. My question is if stopping regenepureDR (ketaconzole, an anti inflammatory) would lead to full results.