Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Remove the Sebum from your scalp til the shine doesn't exist.
glossy scalp 1.jpg

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The itch between needling and daily Minoxidil is so annoying. Any tips regarding this?

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys i wont provide pictures until i hit the 1 year mark, but i just want to say thank you for this thread,

my hairloss has pretty much stopped and my weak spots are thicker and my scalp is healthier, and flexible,
i dont feel scalp inflamation and tension/tightness anymore.

(this is my third or fourth session) i do 1.5mm every 15-30days dermaroller real needles, 2minute scalp massages to remove tension whenever i feel like i need it,

(early diffuse thinning). ( not using minoxidil with my current regimen, I used it alone for 2 months and it did almost nothing, i stopped and started microneedling 40 days later)

I might add minoxidil in 12-18months if i stall or if i want faster results, but im in no rush because my hair is just getting better every session.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all.
Been lurking this thread for some time. Thanks to all who have contributed their experiences good and bad.

Started fighting male pattern baldness in june 2018. Was inspired by threads like these. I had just let myself be defeated once I started going bald at 23, almost 10 years ago.

I'm almost 9 months in, and I have been dermarolling (1.5mm) for about 6 months, although my rolling was fairly light and infrequent. Only drew blood a few times here and there and was only rolling 2-3 times a month. Definitely wasn't wounding like I could have. I was seeing gains with just the big 3 before introducing rolling and was continuing to see gains so I didn't want to press my luck.

Here's my 6/7 month progress photos:
(edit, can't post link bcuz new member or something?)

I'm still seeing new growth at a pretty steady rate, but I gotta say the results people are getting from a more intense microneedle / wounding regimen has inspired me once again. I ordered a Dr Pen from Amazon which will arrive tomorrow.
My new microneedle regimen will be as follows: 1.5/2mm once a week (aiming for moderate wounding, don't want a bloody mess.), with 0.25 or 0.5mm every other day with no deep wounding.

I am convinced that the wounding is necessary for new hair growth, and gives the minoxidil a boost in some way (or vice versa). And I believe the light microneedling may trigger some natural body response to heal / increase blood flow to area and open up holes for better minoxidil absorption. Just my bro-science-esque best guesses though, I don't have any real studies to back any of that up.

This is my first post at HairLossTalk.com, but i plan on continuing to lurk and excited to post some more pics in a few months.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May 2018 (no treatment)
View attachment 113681
July 2018 (one month)
View attachment 113680

January 2019 (6 months, 3 months dermaroll light 1.5mm ~1x/week)
View attachment 113679 View attachment 113678

In the seven years i spent on hairloss forums i never saw progress pictures like this regularly from ANY of the myriad of treatments people tried, from finasteride to crazy research chemicals. People getting regrowth in actual bald areas not just thin areas. To me this is amazing.
Your have had a massive improvement, congratulations

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@NarWhal7 - Welcome! (from out of the lurking shadows).

Whether it was the Big 3, or rolling - you've managed to recover a ton of hair. That's awesome!

Best of luck with the new pen and looking forward to seeing more progress.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was only on big 3 for 3 months without any needling. Then I introduced needling about 6 months ago. So i've been on big 3 for 9 months and needling for almost 6. So for me hard to say exactly how much the needling has helped, but it definitely hasn't hurt any.
I currently have more hair than in those early January pics but probably only noticeable to myself. I used to be able to count every single hair that showed up and now I only notice new hairs that are popping up on my hair line as those are few and far between.

Last edited:

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
May 2018 (no treatment)
View attachment 113681
July 2018 (one month)
View attachment 113680

January 2019 (6 months big 3 + biotin vitamins, 3 months dermaroll light 1.5mm ~1x/week)
View attachment 113679 View attachment 113678

God bless you for bringing hope and hype to this thread and congratulations on your MASSIVE results.
I have needled 5 times (every 10 days, I started 8th of january) and I still havent seen improvement, but I know it's still soon and posts like yours make me look forward to my next butchery

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Was only on big 3 for 3 months without any needling. Then I introduced needling about 6 months ago. So i've been on big 3 for 9 months and needling for almost 6. So for me hard to say exactly how much the needling has helped, but it definitely hasn't hurt any.
I currently have more hair than in those early January pics but probably only noticeable to myself. I used to be able to count every single hair that showed up and now I only notice new hairs that are popping up on my hair line as those are few and far between.

I have no doubt it has definitely played a big part in this. No one responds this good to finas+minoxidil. Come on you were a slick NW7 and now a NW4. More needling, a small hair transplant and you'll be a new person

qwerty07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balance your hormones(DHT and Testosterone) Whether naturally(Lookup natural 5-AR inhibitors)

Qwerty7: any suggestions for concrete natural 5-AR inhibitors? I came accross the following suggestions:
- Reishi mushrooms
- Saw palmetto

Any futher suggestions would be appreciated.

In response to Lenuam as well:

Natural DHT Blockers (Blocks by 5-AR types 1 and 2, potentially 3 as well)

Pumpkin Seed Oil (1000mg)
Tumeric(1000mg)
- OK so with Tumeric you have to make sure it has Black pepper extract, this helps to make it more bioavailable in the body for easy absorption. I do believe the Pumpkin Seed Oil and Tumeric work synergistically because Tumeric is also more bioavailable if you take it with a fat. Pumpkin seed oil is high in fatty acids and they may work best together. (Using just these 2 together I was able to get rid of ALL my acne, acne is caused by DHT as well)
Saw Palmetto
Stinging Nettle Root
Reishi Mushrooms

These are all very good but I can say that Pumpkin Seed Oil alone didn't do much. I noticed a larger difference when using it with Tumeric. I started PSO in Nov 2014, I didn't add Tumeric until end of Oct 2015. It took 8 weeks and then one day I woke up and my acne was gone, face felt different and its been ever since then I've not broken out. I get MAYBE 1 pimple, very small, every 3 months or so. Now I've done quite a bit of reading on this and PSO does a better job at inhibiting type 2 5-AR which is responsible for Hairloss, where Tumeric seems to do a better job at inhibiting type 1 5-AR which deals more with skin inflammation and oil production. My acne did clean up a little bit on PSO alone, and my hair did also seem to darken up a bit once I added Tumeric in. So this is why I say they work best together.

Sorry this was a little off topic but I want to make sure I am able to explain my self accurately. There are TONS of studies on this. Just make sure you read up on 5-AR and its Types and how they effect us. Tons of studies on people who have NO 5-AR enzymes and have full heads of hair and no acne. The other medications DEFINITELY work, finasteride, Duta, Avodart, they work by same mechanisms just made in a lab. Everyone is different, not everything works for everyone.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the seven years i spent on hairloss forums i never saw progress pictures like this regularly from ANY of the myriad of treatments people tried, from finasteride to crazy research chemicals. People getting regrowth in actual bald areas not just thin areas. To me this is amazing.
Your have had a massive improvement, congratulations

https://imgur.com/a/FOL39 are you sure ?

Last edited:

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What i meant was i occasionally see insane results but they are just a one time thing, in this needling thread crazy results appear again and again, that is what gives me hope. One person getting insane regrowth is nice to see but means very little, when it repeats over and over again it starts to become interesting

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finished my 20th session last Saturday! One more month for the full six months like in the trial :)