Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the comments saying that microneedling when you have inflammation could make things worse?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
kind of low atm

im skinny as f***

also been skipping lunch lately because my uni food is disgusting and there are no restaurants near

also emphasis on "plant based" and not strictly vegan

i try to avoid animal products (especially dairy) but if my family makes chicken or something then ill definitely eat some

but mostly i do try and eat vegan
Ewwww

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
After 6 weeks, my hair looks worse than before. Many mini hairs died. :(

(second picture is the newer one)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190207-195129.jpg
    Screenshot_20190207-195129.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 561
  • Screenshot_20190207-195126.jpg
    Screenshot_20190207-195126.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 541

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's unusual actually

Well for me it was quite similar. I also had the impression that my hair was worse 1,5 month in, but since then it slowly started to get better. It‘s still very slow but my hair is still improving (now 2,5 months in)
I think numbersguy also said that his hair worsened in the beginning and the second month was the worst for him hair wise too.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

May they rest in peace. It looks like miniaturized hair that shed so if that were the case then they would have shed anyway. Hopefully, those follicles will replace them with stronger hairs. Takes time and patience.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Honestly, I don't see any difference between the pics. Of course they are not identical, but it's not possible for me to tell which is better and which is worst.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed the same. Almost 2 months in.

i think needling to deep will damage the follicles. Needling too often will not let them enough time to recover.
i'm fairly confident that if you needle too deep and too often you'll damage them beyond the point of no return and you'll end up with a slick bald scalp.

rrphl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve noticed the skin in my temple area has started to show some discoloration. Like my skin in the areas I use the pen are becoming darkened and discolored compared to the rest of my scalp. Looks weird.

Will this fade over time? Is this the result of dermarolling too frequently? I currently do it once a week.

Anybody else experiencing this?
I've noticed the same problem after 5 or 6 sessions. Some people mentioned about post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which sounds like what's happening on my scalp. That worries me a lot, so I changed the needling frequency from weekly to every 10 days to make my scalp has more time to heal. The 10th session was done a week ago and It seems to fade a little now. Try to lower your needling frequency, maybe we just need more time to recovery.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've noticed the same problem after 5 or 6 sessions. Some people mentioned about post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which sounds like what's happening on my scalp. That worries me a lot, so I changed the needling frequency from weekly to every 10 days to make my scalp has more time to heal. The 10th session was done a week ago and It seems to fade a little now. Try to lower your needling frequency, maybe we just need more time to recovery.

I seriously hope that sh*t is just temporary. I haven't noticed any kind of hyperpigmentation yet, but what I have noticed is that when I rub minoxidil on my temples my skin becomes pink quickly for a short time. Not sure if it's good or bad. Either way, I've changed the frequency every 2 weeks. Hope we don't get any problems.

Bankai

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think needling to deep will damage the follicles. Needling too often will not let them enough time to recover.
i'm fairly confident that if you needle too deep and too often you'll damage them beyond the point of no return and you'll end up with a slick bald scalp.

Yep but I use 1.5mm and I'm needling every 7-10 days. I think I will stick to 10 days and keep an eye on it

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the Dhurat study, they needled one a week and there were no reports of hair loss. Among users here, I heard of people who lost hair around month one, then regrew

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed the same. Almost 2 months in.
I’m right there with you my hair looks noticeably worse, but I also started minoxidil and Trinov around the same time so the crazy shed is probably due to that. I plan to fight this sh*t to the death so I’m not to worried just gotta give it time

Attachments

• FD1FC3F8-DD43-4B5C-95A8-96FBC5388E98.jpeg
    FD1FC3F8-DD43-4B5C-95A8-96FBC5388E98.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 486
  • D185B1EA-E0DA-4F8E-81C4-D30EBDA0929D.jpeg
    D185B1EA-E0DA-4F8E-81C4-D30EBDA0929D.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 495

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Questions for those who lost hair after microneedling:

- was loss already ongoing in the area?
- is the loss compatible with the notorious minoxidil shed? If used
- did you needle on the bald scalp or beyond the hairline?

Thanks

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Questions for those who lost hair after microneedling:

- was loss already ongoing in the area?
- is the loss compatible with the notorious minoxidil shed?
- did you needle on the bald scalp or beyond the hairline?

Thanks
Yes, yes (probably because I started minoxidil at the same time lol) and yes