Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still wondering if anyone thinks needling can be used for grey? I’m talking like needling sides of the head maybe once every couple months. Obviously not regrowing but to stimulate growth proteins.

Apparently the wnt protein helps restore grey hair as well. Minoxidil is also said to help in some people.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think minoxidil is playing a factor too. Many here are concentrating on needling alone first which is their choice but then they must be realistic with the time frame and accept that it will take a long time.

Agreed i'm a big believer this will eventually work for everyone. However everyone will differ in terms of stimulating hair proteins/breaking up fibrosis. Some will obviously take longer than others. I think the beauty of this treatment is that just because it may not work in 3-6 months doesn't mean it can't ever work. It just make more time to flip on that switch, especially without using minoxidil.

As for minoxidil. minoxidil can still be a very powerful growth stimulant as we've seen. Hell i remember reading years ago about one guy that used it four times a day a couple years ago and over 6 months practically regrew all his hair. Given the right environment on the scalp (which is what i believe we are creating with needling) it allows minoxidil to do its job better.

Question is what other topicals can work with needling (perhaps follica ends up shedding light on this).

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed i'm a big believer this will eventually work for everyone. However everyone will differ in terms of stimulating hair proteins/breaking up fibrosis. Some will obviously take longer than others. I think the beauty of this treatment is that just because it may not work in 3-6 months doesn't mean it can't ever work. It just make more time to flip on that switch, especially without using minoxidil.

As for minoxidil. minoxidil can still be a very powerful growth stimulant as we've seen. Hell i remember reading years ago about one guy that used it four times a day a couple years ago and over 6 months practically regrew all his hair. Given the right environment on the scalp (which is what i believe we are creating with needling) it allows minoxidil to do its job better.

Question is what other topicals can work with needling (perhaps follica ends up shedding light on this).

Also perhaps we are not needling deep enough. That would explain why Follicas device goes like 4 or 5 mm into the skin. I just ordered a 3mm dermaroller and will give that a shot. Supposedly a healthy hair sits at 4 mm in the skin so it would make sense that to break up the calcification near the follicle we would need to get at least that deep.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that with that measure could damage the follicle. I remember the study that was published years ago that used 1 mm without pressing so much and with very good results.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exactly my case. Some mild results in temoles/hairline, but practically nothing in my crown. I also draw blood in my hairline/temples, but apparently I am not bleeding in my crown, despide the fact that I go VERY hard there. Apparently, a stone has more blood than my f*****g crown, no wonder why the follicles are dead there.
I will give you guys a detailed update in 3 days when February start, with pics and all.

I’m working on my crown but have a different balding pattern. My crown was the last to go but I had a hair transplant on my hairline and it worked okay.

I’d say it’s been bad for about a year. Maybe nine months. I turn 41 this year.

My current regime is about fixing my crown.

My partner “derminators” my crown for me using 1.75mm on fast and it definitely bleeds. She advised me that after doing it once at 2mm it now bleeds more easily at 1.75mm.

She also told me that she presses pretty hard at 1.75mm “in some areas” to make sure there is a good equal spread of blood dots.

I’m not sure yet if it’s working - certainly no miracles yet. But I do think bleeding is possible for the both of you.

Cc @ZenHead

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been avoiding minoxidil for fear of it causing a shed.

I’ve been using the derminator 2 for around two months without min.

I’m quietly hoping that if I don’t get regrowth soon I might at the very least be strengthening my hair against a minoxidil shed if I go back on it.

Any thoughts on this theory?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should see a difference by week 6 so be patient, I sometimes you rosemary oil as a topical..also expect flaking for a while I don't get it now..
I mean existing hair thickness should improve I'm still not seeing any major regrowth so hoping the 6 month mark will be more realistic timeframe as you said..
Oh, man... I sure hope so. Thickness alone would give me life; it'd do a good 70% of the job. I only need regrowth on my hairline.
So I sent a message to the legend and myth of needling for some clarification on his status and I got a response:
View attachment 110803
My man. If that's true, then that's simply beautiful.
Isn't he on finasteride now though? Think I read he started after stopping needling.
You probably read that from me. What I said is that he was looking into it. Back in the StopAGA days. I actually don't know if he's on Finasteride or not.
Thanks man, won't give up as this is my last hope before a hair system lol
We're both on the lone needler boat. Hope this works for us.
Best of luck!

Regarding blood; I draw blood on the bald areas of my hairline. It was the first and only one to really go and it's been like this for years now.
Guess we're all just different. Or I really press down like the son of a motherfuck.

Reggie Perrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you guys finding the itching and flaking, I find about three days after needling my scalp is so itchy and I have a snow fall from my head. I have never had dandruff before. I just find the itching so intense. Are you guys finding the same thing. Trying to work out if this is normal

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you guys finding the itching and flaking, I find about three days after needling my scalp is so itchy and I have a snow fall from my head. I have never had dandruff before. I just find the itching so intense. Are you guys finding the same thing. Trying to work out if this is normal
Itching was never bad for me, but it's completely gone after a session. I don't get much flaking either; 2 mm 2 times a month.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, for clarification: when we talk about "drawing blood" we're not talking about looking like we poured a buncha ketchup on our heads. We mean tiny bloodspots.
Just in case some newcomers see it and think we gotta give blood to the follicle god and dance around a bonfire wearing paper masks of Rachita Dhurat's face to see regrowth.

Last edited:

tined22

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I’m just wondering what people thoughts on micro tearing are? I’m keen to start on using a pen but really can’t afford the expense of £180 for a derminator 2 at the moment. However i can afford something like £60/70 for a dr pen from amazon, but just concerned about the possibility of micro tears and that long term having a detrimental effect. Anyone else gone with that model/similar and noticed decent success or at least no problems?

Thanks

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I’m just wondering what people thoughts on micro tearing are? I’m keen to start on using a pen but really can’t afford the expense of £180 for a derminator 2 at the moment. However i can afford something like £60/70 for a dr pen from amazon, but just concerned about the possibility of micro tears and that long term having a detrimental effect. Anyone else gone with that model/similar and noticed decent success or at least no problems?

Thanks
Hey man.
The results that started this thread were with a £50 pen. In fact, they started with a cheap dermaroller.
The guy has been at it for almost a year now. No problems to report.
I myself am using that pen, but I'm not a good example of long term use as I'm only one month in.
I'm sure there are more people here using a similar pen. Don't really think you have to worry about that, honestly.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
My lymph nodes are swollen as f***. It's like two golf balls at the back of my neck. I must have went really hard the last session.

Is this due to needling? You scared the sh*t outta me.

Guys I need some encouragement. Lately I'm seeing more people reporting no improvement after X months than positive ones.
I'm only 2 sessions in (every 10-14 days)

krk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

I m 2.5 months into needling. So far no results. I m needling once a week, no minoxidil. or anything else. It doesn't work on my scalp (so far), but it definitely works on my beard. Velus hairs on beard are turning black and overall more velus hairs. I m needling my beard after scalp needling, not even pressing hard, so the results after just 2.5 months quite impress me.
Question is. Why. Why does it work on my beard, even without minoxidil. and not on my scalp ? I know that 2.5 months is not a much for a scalp, but I think that I should see at least some new velus hairs. Any ideas ?

What is the needle length for scalp and for beard? I am getting results at 5 weeks using 1.75mm. A ton of little brown hairs in my temples. I am interested in doing it on my face as well, but what length should I use?

krk

My Regimen
Reaction score
My lymph nodes are swollen as f***. It's like two golf balls at the back of my neck. I must have went really hard the last session.

Mine are a little swollen today, after going hard two days ago. It's the first time this has happened though in 5 sessions total.

I always use a new needle and wash my hair before, but besides that, I don't take any other precautions.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have an infection. See a doctor and get antibiotics
Is this due to needling? You scared the sh*t outta me.

Guys I need some encouragement. Lately I'm seeing more people reporting no improvement after X months than positive ones.
I'm only 2 sessions in (every 10-14 days)
Hey, I'm not trying to scare you or anyone else. Enlarged lymph nodes are a known side effect of dermarolling. I just didn't expect them to be this swollen.