Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used the dermaroller for at least the first 2 months, I'm sure. It was the cheapest one on Amazon and cost about £5. I was definitely using ONLY the dermaroller when I saw results - it was only after seeing initial results that I thought I'd treat myself to a pen.

I bought a wired dermapen and used it for a month, before upgrading to a wireless pen.
Someone people on here say dermarolling is not as effective as using a pen. What do you think? I have both so am deciding which to use, the dermaroller would be a lot easier and quicker but I obviously want the best results.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I joined back in 2002 right when graduating college and noticed the receding the first time I saw that curve where my forehead meets my hairline. I was active on HLH for a while ("UndeniablyBalding"). Eventually I gave up on getting those temples back and stuck with maintaining as a goal.

Got divorced few years back and I think finasteride is losing it's efficacy as I've lost a lot of ground the past few months so decided to see come back to see if there was any groundbreaking treatments.

OMG now here I am 17 years later with you young bucks. Where did my life take that bad turn lol. Honestly, even after all these years of hyped products that turned into shite, I'm extremely optimistic about the next few years. I've held out pretty well. Recent pic. I use dermmatch, and definitely had it rocking in this pic.

Until something is definitive, the kitchen sink it is...
You look incredibly well for someone who has been balding for 17 years. Finasteride did wonders for you had a long lasting effect. I suspect you'll get great results with needling if your loss has already been halted (or slowed down) so easily.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Results wise I don't think there will be a major difference but I find the pen much easier to use than the roller, especially now that my hair is a bit longer.
Thanks man appreciate it. How long does it take with a pen if you have a large area to cover? I’m not sure on the method of using it.

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is the deepest depth someone on here is using? The scalp follicle is 4 mm deep in your head so would would a depth closer to that have even better results?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is the deepest depth someone on here is using? The scalp follicle is 4 mm deep in your head so would would a depth closer to that have even better results?
The deepest someone has gone is 2.5 mm. I'd be going for that, but 2 mm is the max depth of my pen. About the deeper the better; we can only speculate, but Follica's new patent is set at a max depth depth of 5 mm, so it could be.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a video on how I use mine. It takes longer in the video because I'm trying to show exactly what I do but normally it takes around 10 mins:

Thank you! Greatly appreciated.

One last question, how often do you do this? And what length do you use? I know it’s already in the thread but there’s so much to read it’s hard to find.

Thanks again

Buchwald

Reaction score
I just received my Dr. Pen and did a session of 1.5mm with 12needles. I was really afraid, but also curious to begin the treatment.

First impression: This sh*t hurts!
Now (20min later): My scalp is burning, but its feeling okay-ish..

I usually don't shred, but at this session I shredded a bit. But I guess its natural when needles are going into your head and cutting the hair?

I have some questions:
Is 12 needle the optimal?
Should I apply something after needling?
What about sun - should I wait some days before im exposing my wounded scalp to the sun?

Looking forward to see if the itchiness of my scalp disappears!

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my third session today. This time I have bled a littlemore than the previous times.

Remarks: For now I see no improvement, I only apply it tomy crown. I plan to give 1 year to the treatment, I also thinkwe should not damage too much in each session, I prefer togo little by little even see results late.

I apply minoxidil at the time after the puncture.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just received my Dr. Pen and did a session of 1.5mm with 12needles. I was really afraid, but also curious to begin the treatment.

I usually don't shred, but at this session I shredded a bit. But I guess its natural when needles are going into your head and cutting the hair?

I have some questions:
What about sun - should I wait some days before im exposing my wounded scalp to the sun?

Wear a hat or avoid the sun for at least a few days, maybe a week.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone people on here say dermarolling is not as effective as using a pen. What do you think? I have both so am deciding which to use, the dermaroller would be a lot easier and quicker but I obviously want the best results.
A roller does the job and clearly worked for people.
You can try/start by alternating between the roller and the pen.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair was much worse at week 4. It was somewhere between months 2 and 3 that I started to notice improvement.
Did you have a lot of scalp inflammation (the famous itch)? Did that go away and when? Was it a slow process?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've done 2 sessions and I had loads of blood spots doing the second one. Got a few in the first one.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much did it hurt guys? And do you apply any cream before/after?
Even if we answer that, everyone is different. I could do 2 mm all night long. And I actually press down; no gliding.
This could be you. Or not, and you can't see yourself going over 1.5 or 1.75 mm tops without a numbing cream. You'd have to try it and find out! Either way, check this thread to see how to apply numbing cream: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/

I have some questions:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/
Take a good look at this and you'll find all the answers to your questions. Cheers!

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had no bleeding at all during session 1 and 2. I just completed session 3 (a month away from the last one) and I saw blood on the hairline for the first time. Also, it felt more painful. Maybe it's just because the needles are less sharp, or I felt more confident to press more.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much at all - I hold it lightly and let the weight of the pen do the work.

Anyway, guys, taking a break from here for a bit, as I'm getting tired of logging on to find multiple notifications because of this idiot every single day. It would be fine if the posts were questionable but it's genuine advice and it's just a lil tiresome. 16 notifications when I logged after a couple of hours away today and it is happening every day:

View attachment 110397

EDIT: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF MODS CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?
@Roberto_72 is a mod.
@Headdy sad

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much at all - I hold it lightly and let the weight of the pen do the work.

Anyway, guys, taking a break from here for a bit, as I'm getting tired of logging on to find multiple notifications because of this idiot every single day. It would be fine if the posts were questionable but it's genuine advice and it's just a lil tiresome. 16 notifications when I logged after a couple of hours away today and it is happening every day:

View attachment 110397

EDIT: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF MODS CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?
Did you consider blocking him?