Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to start on a tri-weekly (mon/wed/fri) .25mg dose of Finasteride again. I want to really attack this sh*t from every f*****g angle. DHT, fibrosis, vasodilator... everything. I'm looking for full f*****g regrowth mein niqqas

I think I had a DHT attack today. No itching, but my sex drive went up, got a random hard boner, and then started shedding a few healthy thick hairs out of nowhere. Microneedling and minoxidil are great and all but I gotta put this DHT son of a b**ch in a cage for a while.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a side note that's still a propos, I used the Derminator on my face today at .75mm and my skin looks f*****g amazing right now. Right after the session my face was was red as f*** and I looked like a burn victim but now a couple hours later I'm left with this glowing, bronzed look like I legit spent the day on the beach and got a slight tan. Just like a healthy, ruddy color. Applied some vitamin D ointment after that helps the skin heal and also some hyaluronic acid serum.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to start on a tri-weekly (mon/wed/fri) .25mg dose of Finasteride again. I want to really attack this sh*t from every f*****g angle. DHT, fibrosis, vasodilator... everything. I'm looking for full f*****g regrowth mein niqqas

I think I had a DHT attack today. No itching, but my sex drive went up, got a random hard boner, and then started shedding a few healthy thick hairs out of nowhere. Microneedling and minoxidil are great and all but I gotta put this DHT son of a b**ch in a cage for a while.

This, DHT theory still stands strong.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
This sh*t infuriates me. Goddamit, researchers of the world, stop looking for some newfangled cure. Just figure out a f*****g WAY TO INHIBIT scalp DHT only. I need the serum DHT for my c***

Here we got topical finasteride and breezula, hopefullly.

And the fact that we need finasteride to keep the gain suggest that, DHT is still a strong enemy, not fibrosis or calcification, etc.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

And the fact that we need finasteride to keep the gain suggest that, DHT is still a strong enemy, not fibrosis or calcification, etc.
Unfortunately, topical finasteride still lowers serum DHT after a while. I just recently quit topical finasteride and it feels like I'm a different person. The things is, that within the first week of using the topical form, I'm fine, but after that things start going down hill.

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question about sheeding. So some weeks ago I posted my suggestion that my sheeding totally gone. When I comp my hair maybe 1-2 hairs falling out...but when I take both hands and wipe them like 30 second with more pressure on my head maybe 10-15 hairs falling out. So is this still normal?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any evidence for this?

I keep hearing about fibrosis and calcification being a physical, tangible thing with people thinking their scalps are literally covered in this blood sucking substance. But no one has actualy provided any real backed-by-science non empirical evidence for this.

People think they're actually crunching and breaking up fibrosis with their bare hands with 0 proof.

How can you be an “established” member?!?

They need to do better algorithings. Or there should be two types.

- Established + contributes to forum
- Established and too far gone / does not have anything useful to contribute

Please jump on over to the hair transplant thread...

... or try reading all the posts from people here experiencing hair growth.

... or stay bald, don’t try, keep whinging, and keep embracing the inner rage monkey!

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Where I left out, I was asking about the difference between:

1) bi-monthly with a deeper needle around 1,5mm to 2,0mm as seen on research, at least the studies i've seen are around those lines

vs

2) going in more often, as often as daily, with less penetration as user @Somebody does

So what do we have here? 1) Is triggering growth factors and 2) is just making the minoxidil more effective? @Somebody is on finasteride and minoxidil.

Then I saw some scam accusations since OP is using affiliate links.

Honestly im not sure about this. My scalp itches, I assume it's inflammed, I assume dermapening/rolling raises inflammation, therefore im not sure if this is a good idea at all while you have an itchy scalp. With a sane scalp I would go for it, but my head doesn't feel perfect so im scared to have agressive treatments on my scalp. I may try once a month and see what happens. Im also looking forward to dutasteride injections as my last resort. I believe it's nothing but deluded to stop this disease without potent anti androgens. I can already see the horseshoe pattern forming for me, it's definitely male pattern baldness probably speeded up by my shitty health like hypothyroid and low vitamin D, mostly because of the depressive state of hairloss itself. At least as an hypothyroid im not a fatass tho im pretty thin. I just need to stop this f*****g disease from going on any further.
I had a VEEERY freaking itchy scalp. Now with rolling, it seems to get less and less. I also switched up my minoxidil to a formula without PG, that might be a factor, but my itch was also very specific to my hairline, and that is now disappearing as well. So I say go for it! Do you use a keto shampoo? That might help with inflammation as well.

Last edited:

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The way i understand it is, dht binds to sensitive androgen receptors that results in inflammation, which results in fibrosis.

So if we reduce dht, it reduces inflammation and fibrosis, but fibrosis is still accumulating. So at best, it slows down the rate of progression.

I think the most effective solution, especially for those that have advanced Androgenetic Alopecia (ie more fibrosis) would be "breaking" down the fibrosis. To be clear, this does not mean hard skin is broken down. Remeber, fibrosis is fibrous tissue. The skin is punctured to active growth factors to repair the damaged fibrous tissue. Its just easiier to say, microneedling is breaking down the fibrosis.

HelixO

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any evidence for this?

I keep hearing about fibrosis and calcification being a physical, tangible thing with people thinking their scalps are literally covered in this blood sucking substance. But no one has actualy provided any real backed-by-science non empirical evidence for this.

A quick search on google scholar resulted in multiple papers linking fibrosis to male pattern baldness... here's a paper from 2008.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00403-007-0826-x
Dermal fibrosis in male pattern hair loss: a suggestive implication of mast cells

"It was found that collagen bundles were significantly increased in balding vertexes than in non-balding occiput scalp skin. A near 4-fold increase in elastic fibers was observed in both vertex and occiput scalp skins with MPHL versus controls"

It says balding regions have up to 4x as much fibrotic collagen than non-balding regions. That's a lot. Collagen bundles = fibrosis -> blood flow reduction. It is also well known by Dermatologists that microneedling breaks up excessive clusters of collagen so that the body can get rid of them and replace it with healthier tissue. This is the primary method by which microneedling is used to get rid of scar tissue. However I think it should be said that the scalp is a lot thicker than the face, and even with the face you have to go pretty deep to break up collagen. So with the scalp, even greater of a depth is necessary to really get it broken up.

The fibrosis thing is not simply a theory like people think. The correlation between fibrosis and male pattern baldness has been repeatedly proven. The thing that isn't clear is the biochemical mechanism by which DHT causes this fibrosis to build up. If I had to speculate, DHT is a response to inflammation, seeing as it acts as a vasoconstrictor (anti-inflammatory action). It's likely part of this involves the creation of new collagen, perhaps the bodies effort to target/treat the inflammation somehow.

The hairs which grow back as a result of finasteride is a direct result of DHT's vasoconstricting hair inhibiting effect being lessened. The reason finasteride alone doesn't grow back all hair, and the reason minoxidil hairs fall out in balding regions when usage is stopped, is because that built up fibrotic tissue in balded areas is still there restricting growth.

So, while the link between male pattern baldness and fibrosis has been well studied and established, I don't think it has become fully accepted by the mainstream yet in the same way that DHT has. New discoveries tend to take 20+ years before they become accepted in the mainstream.

People think they're actually crunching and breaking up fibrosis with their bare hands with 0 proof.

I don't think that noise is from breaking up fibrosis. Some has speculated it's just fluid being popped, like how people "crack" their knuckles. Scar tissue is fibrosis, or excessive collagen - have you ever heard popping from massaging a scar? Of course not. However it is proven that massaging collagen does indeed break it up overtime, and can help stimulate it's repair. People have significantly lessened facial wrinkles and scars by massages. However, a massage isn't going to come close to competing with a microneedling treatment.

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still think micro needling alone will grow hair. As a couple people have proven in the past. However yes you are correct it took them a while longer. As we discussed here yesterday, maybe just maybe we can grow hair with minoxidil and eventually drop it. Just needling every couple of weeks.That would be ideal for some people.

I definitely see thickening, or at the very least healthier hair in some spots. However like you all mentioned it could be the lighting i'm not sure. Personally i believe something happening. Need more time.

All i'm saying with IF is it reduces inflammation. I just basically skip breakfast. That puts me in between 12-14 hour fasts per day. Its been proven to be beneficial for other inflammatory diseases. Some anecdotals on reddit even say it stopped with scalp itch and made there hair thicker. Its a helpful tool thats all, one that can potentially help with the scalp environment so that derma roll minoxidil can do its job.
IF is great but it all depends on what you eat after. If you load into the bad carbs and sugar straight away it will hit you like a tonne of bricks, well it does for me anyway, scalp starts to itch/she’d not long after. I think it’s all about keeping insulin resistance low. Keep it green! ;)

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A quick search on google scholar resulted in multiple papers linking fibrosis to male pattern baldness... here's a paper from 2008.

Dermal fibrosis in male pattern hair loss: a suggestive implication of mast cells

"It was found that collagen bundles were significantly increased in balding vertexes than in non-balding occiput scalp skin. A near 4-fold increase in elastic fibers was observed in both vertex and occiput scalp skins with MPHL versus controls"

It says balding regions have up to 4x as much fibrotic collagen than non-balding regions. That's a lot. Collagen bundles = fibrosis -> blood flow reduction. It is also well known by Dermatologists that microneedling breaks up excessive clusters of collagen so that the body can get rid of them and replace it with healthier tissue. This is the primary method by which microneedling is used to get rid of scar tissue. However I think it should be said that the scalp is a lot thicker than the face, and even with the face you have to go pretty deep to break up collagen. So with the scalp, even greater of a depth is necessary to really get it broken up.

The fibrosis thing is not simply a theory like people think. The correlation between fibrosis and male pattern baldness has been repeatedly proven. The thing that isn't clear is the biochemical mechanism by which DHT causes this fibrosis to build up. If I had to speculate, DHT is a response to inflammation, seeing as it acts as a vasoconstrictor (anti-inflammatory action). It's likely part of this involves the creation of new collagen, perhaps the bodies effort to target/treat the inflammation somehow.

The hairs which grow back as a result of finasteride is a direct result of DHT's vasoconstricting hair inhibiting effect being lessened. The reason finasteride alone doesn't grow back all hair, and the reason minoxidil hairs fall out in balding regions when usage is stopped, is because that built up fibrotic tissue in balded areas is still there restricting growth.

So, while the link between male pattern baldness and fibrosis has been well studied and established, I don't think it has become fully accepted by the mainstream yet in the same way that DHT has. New discoveries tend to take 20+ years before they become accepted in the mainstream.

I don't think that noise is from breaking up fibrosis. Some has speculated it's just fluid being popped, like how people "crack" their knuckles. Scar tissue is fibrosis, or excessive collagen - have you ever heard popping from massaging a scar? Of course not. However it is proven that massaging collagen does indeed break it up overtime, and can help stimulate it's repair. People have significantly lessened facial wrinkles and scars by massages. However, a massage isn't going to come close to competing with a microneedling treatment.
I wounder if this new compound will also reverse scalp fibrosis

https://sclerodermanews.com/2018/12...ntial-scleroderma-therapy-study-suggests/?amp

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

And back in 2008 microneedling wasn’t a thing. If it was people might have tried it sooner.

Certainly the electric pens were not - at least not mainstream and nobody was talking about it for hairloss (one or two threads don’t count as mainstream).

And I think it’s also fair to say that manually rolling / stamping was unpractical for lots of people. And thus we are where we are today.

God damn. I wish this happened 10 years ago :p

HelixO

My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow that's interesting. The article doesn't fully explain how exactly it gets rid of the fibrosis, only that there is a reduction of it through protein inhibition. It would appear that the implication of this is extremely wide reaching... It could mean companies could make creams of this stuff which literally get rid of scar tissue anywhere on the body. That's incredible.

It's also a very simple molecule that any chemical company could reasonably synthesize with a fair amount of ease.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And Breezula appears to do this without causing side effects.
Not only that, but the 6 month study showed better results than 12 months on Finasteride. I think they might be the real deal.
Sad that they are like 3 years away from delivering I think...

Last edited:

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
And back in 2008 microneedling wasn’t a thing. If it was people might have tried it sooner.

Certainly the electric pens were not - at least not mainstream and nobody was talking about it for hairloss (one or two threads don’t count as mainstream).

And I think it’s also fair to say that manually rolling / stamping was unpractical for lots of people. And thus we are where we are today.

God damn. I wish this happened 10 years ago :p

Most people, myself included, dropped microneedling back in 2014 because it hurts so much and not many people talked this treatment after discussion about dermarolling was banned here (which would have motivated people to keep on needling). Now we have pens and much more evidence (anecdotal and studies) proving benefits of regular needling.

I think we still need more information of needling (frequency, needle lenght etc.) and what else is needed for regrowth. We also dont know if possible regrowth is permanent or will hair fall after some time.

Edit. I just finished my fourth session so I have been needling for one month, once a week. There are some tiny tiny vellus hairs in temple area which were not there before starting needling. We’ll see what happens to them during coming months. Probably not much but hopefully some of them grow longer.

Attachments

• F3D9272A-547F-43FB-BF3A-0B1517EB40EB.jpeg
    F3D9272A-547F-43FB-BF3A-0B1517EB40EB.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
IF is great but it all depends on what you eat after. If you load into the bad carbs and sugar straight away it will hit you like a tonne of bricks, well it does for me anyway, scalp starts to itch/she’d not long after. I think it’s all about keeping insulin resistance low. Keep it green! ;)

PETA knows how to convince men to go green.

https://twitter.com/peta/status/1085573461315997696

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
And Breezula appears to do this without causing side effects.
Not only that, but the 6 month study showed better results than 12 months on Finasteride. I think they might be the real deal.
Sad they they are like 3 years away from delivering I think...

No offense but there will be ALWAYS side effect, even with.... water.