Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might try it. I honestly don't want to mess with min if I don't have to, but maybe just doing a small patch won't be so bad
I get you. Let us know how it goes if you do try it. Good luck!

Creatine

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been a long time lurker of this thread and finally decided to create an account and post. I'm 38 and been losing hair since my late teens. Slow, diffuse hair loss, prob a Norwood 3.5 atm. I used finasteride for about 10 years throughout my 20s and suffered through horrible sides. Finally decided it wasn't worth it anymore and stopped using it 5 years ago and lost a ton of hair. I have been using minoxidil and nizoral for over 15 years as well.

I just completed my 8th needling session (once a week with a manual 1.5mm stamp) and can't report any visible regrowth yet. But I have noticed a significant decrease in shedding, decrease in scalp oiliness and overall hair seems healthier. I have some questions regarding the needling procedure.

How many times do you go over the same section ? I try make 4 passes over my entire scalp. Front to back twice, then left to right twice.

I get pin hole blood spots, that turn into tiny scabs. They rinse away with water. Just wondering if I am over doing it. I apply equivalent pressure to applying deodorant. The scalp is red, but that is subjective, as i have fair skin. i can prob go further and increase redness. I do not get any flaking like others have mentioned.

I am considering getting an automatic pen from ebay. Is the A6 a good choice ?

I plan on sticking with it until the month of May since I read previously it is best to avoid the sun and I like the outdoors in summer.

Thanks.

Reggie Perrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Third session today. I have a question regarding reaching the back of your head/scalp. I can see quit clearly at the front and temples I am getting redness, but i struggle to see if i am achieving this at the back/ top of scalp. I go over these areas plenty so assume i am doing something? Just wondering what others do to make sure they are getting these bits. I have tried taking a photo but struggle to see if it red or not. Do you guys check or do you assume if you have made sufficient passes that i enough?

I have decided to needle every two weeks. I am changing to minoxidil foam as i think the liquid minoxidil doesn't agree with me

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Third session today. I have a question regarding reaching the back of your head/scalp. I can see quit clearly at the front and temples I am getting redness, but i struggle to see if i am achieving this at the back/ top of scalp. I go over these areas plenty so assume i am doing something? Just wondering what others do to make sure they are getting these bits. I have tried taking a photo but struggle to see if it red or not. Do you guys check or do you assume if you have made sufficient passes that i enough?

I have decided to needle every two weeks. I am changing to minoxidil foam as i think the liquid minoxidil doesn't agree with me

I just use a little handheld mirror in front of my bathroom mirror to see where im needling on my crown etc.

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been a long time lurker of this thread and finally decided to create an account and post. I'm 38 and been losing hair since my late teens. Slow, diffuse hair loss, prob a Norwood 3.5 atm. I used finasteride for about 10 years throughout my 20s and suffered through horrible sides. Finally decided it wasn't worth it anymore and stopped using it 5 years ago and lost a ton of hair. I have been using minoxidil and nizoral for over 15 years as well.

I just completed my 8th needling session (once a week with a manual 1.5mm stamp) and can't report any visible regrowth yet. But I have noticed a significant decrease in shedding, decrease in scalp oiliness and overall hair seems healthier. I have some questions regarding the needling procedure.

How many times do you go over the same section ? I try make 4 passes over my entire scalp. Front to back twice, then left to right twice.

I get pin hole blood spots, that turn into tiny scabs. They rinse away with water. Just wondering if I am over doing it. I apply equivalent pressure to applying deodorant. The scalp is red, but that is subjective, as i have fair skin. i can prob go further and increase redness. I do not get any flaking like others have mentioned.

I am considering getting an automatic pen from ebay. Is the A6 a good choice ?

I plan on sticking with it until the month of May since I read previously it is best to avoid the sun and I like the outdoors in summer.

Thanks.
Hello!

Check this thread, all your questions will be answered there. https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/

If you have further questions don't be afraid to shoot 'em.

Peace!

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3rd session today and it was a bloody mess, It was so painful and I'm completely exhausted. No joke, after the session I showered my head and the water was red.

This is how the pen looked after the session.

Attachments

• IMG_20190112_194641.jpg
    IMG_20190112_194641.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 488

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3rd session today and it was a bloody mess, It was so painful and I'm completely exhausted. No joke, after the session I showered my head and the water was red.

I had blood bath session it was when i was quite hot and sweaty dunno if raise body temp makes you bleed more

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

I bleed quite a bit at the fastest speed setting at 2.5mm, usually heals in a couple of days so im alright with it.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started off at 2mm and bumped it up to 2.5mm, i don't find either particularly painful really. Im doing it weekly.
i started 1.5mm moved to 2mm i dont feel it either so was thinking of moving to 2.5mm dunno if thats over kill tho always scared of messing up healthy hair

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i started 1.5mm moved to 2mm i dont feel it either so was thinking of moving to 2.5mm dunno if thats over kill tho always scared of messing up healthy hair
Chinese study used 2.5 mm but twice monthly.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fck bro, I have the same pen and needle at 2mm/highest speed but I only have redish skin an no blood at all.

How much pressure do you apply when you needle with the pen?

I'm needling at highest speed with 1,5 mm. I think I do it with much pressure as long as I can handle the pain. Maybe my hair follicles are already greatly supplied with blood and microneedling is completely useless for me...

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One tip I'd share based on a couple of times needling(one on head, one on face for other reasons) is to fight the urge to needle based on visual feedback and to stick to a consistent pattern. For example, I was doing my face and didn't see immediate redness, so I hit again with a couple of passes and afterwards saw that it was too much. On a side note, my forehead bleeds like crazy at 1.5, but my scalp doesn't at all. I guess skin thickness varies a lot