Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Came back to post this because it's more important than me being pissed off at the idiot trolls in this thread. This is bigger than that.

Credit to @layabout

Here is the entire paper

https://sci-hub.tw/https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/ced.13551

Damn good progress from Patient #1:

damngood.jpg

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm debating whether I should do my monthly Derminator 1.5mm session tomorrow.

I got my new cartridges in the post this week.

But I'm going to have to be away from home tomorrow, so Idk if it's a good idea to derminate and then spend the rest of the day out in the city... even with a beanie on.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The results are good but sadly not as good as the guy from reddit. I hope he's not just a hyper responder to minoxidil and i can replicate his results. Im considering HRT or a transplant at this point.

He's not. He took minoxidil before and saw no regrowth

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1.Thinking about doing an experiment of applying min to one temple. Never used before and wondered if it would affect other parts of scalp(don't want that)

2.Trying that zix stuff people mention(it seems to greatly reduce the itching), and want to know how long to wait to apply zix after min because of the zinc interaction. Or should one be applied before the other
Please, let us know what happens. Also, I think you want to apply Zix after, but don't quote me on this one. Perhaps someone who's had experience with both can tell you for sure.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you read the study? lol. The hair is the same length as baseline in the after pics.
I searched cant find wheres says after photo length is same the hair above ears looks crazy thick for 1mm 2nd guys photo looks same length tho but not 1mm.
also have to wonder if they did half the same persons scalp with needles if the there was a spill over effect boosting the non needled sides results

Last edited:

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All the studies seem to be 12 weeks long, with best responders having a ~50% increase in hair count.
It would be nice to know if the hair count keeps increasing after 6 months or a year of use or if it just plateau at ~50% and stays there.
et

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All the studies seem to be 12 weeks long, with best responders having a ~50% increase in hair count.
It would be nice to know if the hair count keeps increasing after 6 months or a year of use or if it just plateau at ~50% and stays there.
et
Seems quite odd to me people with 5 10 20 30 years of hair loss expect it all back in 6 months tho that could be as they put it cope reasoning on my part

Lele082

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good morning. sorry for my English.
I find this discussion very interesting, I wanted to ask one thing: we understand that dermapen works best if it is combined with minoxidil, everyone here have tried minoxidil rogaine or kirkland. Instead I will use minoxidil galenico (produced by the pharmacist) with the addition of antiandrogens such as 17 alpha oestradiol to 0.1 and cyproterone acetate.
Does anyone have experience with minoxidil + antiandrogens + dermapen? Thank you

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good morning. sorry for my English.
I find this discussion very interesting, I wanted to ask one thing: we understand that dermapen works best if it is combined with minoxidil, everyone here have tried minoxidil rogaine or kirkland. Instead I will use minoxidil galenico (produced by the pharmacist) with the addition of antiandrogens such as 17 alpha oestradiol to 0.1 and cyproterone acetate.
Does anyone have experience with minoxidil + antiandrogens + dermapen? Thank you

Shouldn't be a problem but CPA is some potent sh*t.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just completed my 12th rolling session last night.

While I still see no new hairs whatsoever (neither vellus nor terminal), I observed a change:
Even though my needling protocol is the same (same needle length, duration, number of passes), I had a significantly harder time achieving erythema than before. Also, the needles got stuck much more often than before. Maybe my scalp got either more lose or the skin thicker or less fibrotic? Don't know.

Two possible explanations I came up with:
  • Scalp changes because of microneedling for the past three months
  • Scalp changes because I added intense daily (2 times a day) scalp massages into my regimen a week ago
I actually think the second explanation is more likely, as this is the recent change in my regimen that preceded this change when microneedling. Wanted to report it nonetheless. Maybe someone else also experienced that achieving erythema got more difficult and that needles got stuck more in the scalp?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry I can not understand: what do you mean by "CPA a little sh*t"
Thank you
He means the cyproterone acetate is strong.
I just completed my 12th rolling session last night.

While I still see no new hairs whatsoever (neither vellus nor terminal), I observed a change:
Even though my needling protocol is the same (same needle length, duration, number of passes), I had a significantly harder time achieving erythema than before. Also, the needles got stuck much more often than before. Maybe my scalp got either more lose or the skin thicker or less fibrotic? Don't know.

Two possible explanations I came up with:
  • Scalp changes because of microneedling for the past three months
  • Scalp changes because I added intense daily (2 times a day) scalp massages into my regimen a week ago
I actually think the second explanation is more likely, as this is the recent change in my regimen that preceded this change when microneedling. Wanted to report it nonetheless. Maybe someone else also experienced that achieving erythema got more difficult and that needles got stuck more in the scalp?
I'll keep an eye on this, as I'm following a similar protocol. 2 massages of 20 minutes every 12 hours. I'm just 1 needling session in, so I can't tell.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems quite odd to me people with 5 10 20 30 years of hair loss expect it all back in 6 months tho that could be as they put it cope reasoning on my part
Yeah, I find that funny too. There's a long time roller, name's brohawk (3 years), he's rolling with an antiandrogen and Minoxidil I believe. After 3 years he's still seeing progress even when he's using a bunch of sh*t along with needling. 3. Years.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I find that funny too. There's a long time roller, name's brohawk (3 years), he's rolling with an antiandrogen and Minoxidil I believe. After 3 years he's still seeing progress even when he's using a bunch of sh*t along with needling. 3. Years.
lol being 1 month in is tense im on minoxidil since 2003 finasteride since 2006 i dont think my shed has ever been this low or itch my hair seems less floppy lol its in my mind dam need to be at month 3 to know also swear my right temple point is more velus fluffy

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My diet
Minoxidil twice a day.
Microneedling 1.5mm once a week, or every 10 days
Biotin 5000mcg per day.
Dutasteride 3-4 days a week

initial photo. I add another photo comparing really my miniaturized hair.

I give importance to the dutasteride to be able to maintain the possible effects of the micro puncture. in order to stabilize the progress obtained if you get it in a few months after

sorry, it's the same year. only one picture is shaved and another one 5 months later. I uploaded the shaved photo to appreciate the difference between normal and miniaturized hair, because in the photo with long hair you can not appreciate

Attachments

• ca1.jpeg
    ca1.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 448
  • cabesA.png
    cabesA.png
    894.5 KB · Views: 456
Last edited: