Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who have asked if there were cases of wounding NOT WORKING in the long term, the answer depends on what you call "long term".
The most consistent, long term-ish needler reporting no results at all have been doing so for 8 months when he told us his story. He must be at his 9-10th month right now but hasn't reported anything else, so who knows what's his current status. Two months ago he was about to give up but I tried to convince him to stick to it for 18 months at least. Will he get some results with more time? Who knows. The only evidence we have to say that he still has a chance is PrettyFly's extremely late response, so there might be hope for him. A pair of users who recently visited this thread also claimed to have gotten regrowth somewhat late, approaching the 1 year mark. Only time will tell.
But please, consider that nevertheless there might be non-responders. It's healthy to have a space in our rational minds to contemplate worst case scenarios.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
12th Session just done and something new...I usually get blood spots, which has obviously continued, but now Im getting white blood cell weeping from areas all over my scalp....never had this before...the GF noticed it as she does it for me, then I checked and saw quite a bit of it.

Not sure if any of you have had this?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm almost 8 weeks on minoxidil, had no shed to speak of and now getting thicker hair. Also some temple growth that was lost decades ago
That's great! But some people do experience that kind of shedding.
Congrats and hope you don't mind sharing some pics in the future.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
12th Session just done and something new...I usually get blood spots, which has obviously continued, but now Im getting white blood cell weeping from areas all over my scalp....never had this before...the GF noticed it as she does it for me, then I checked and saw quite a bit of it.

Maybe that's a sign you need more recovery, at least at this point you do? White blood cells would be best inside the body, no? [I am not a Doctor]

Scalp_tenderizer

My Regimen
Reaction score

Better make sure your scalp is not infected and leaking pus.

But any progress after 12 weeks?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is called "Wundwasser" and I think it's pretty normal. Sorry, but I couldn't find a translation for this word. If you would translate it word by word it would be called "wound water" but I highly doubt this is the real translation.

slerpen

Reaction score
Got my first unsolicited comment on my hair. One of the girls I'm kind of seeing (who has no idea I'm doing any of this) mentioned that I'm "not bald on top anymore!". While I don't necessarily agree, it at least confirms something is happening

Trying to stay grounded, and remember this might all end tommorow, but it's pretty surreal to me. I've been noticably balding since I was 16, and was NW3v by 19. Subsequently been slowly losing ground for the last 15+ years (after buying into the fina/dutasteride fear-mongering nonsense). To see things going the other way is just crazy.

Fingers crossed that this will continue since I'm only 8 weeks in. Wish I had documented my starting point, but I'm so pessimistic and jaded from endless failed treatments that I didn't really expect this to work, haha.

Thanks to everyone trying to keep this thread positive and productive! I bought this Derminator like 30 months ago, but gave up after a few weeks because the last thread was so filled with negativity and vitriol. Regret it, but no point living in the past.

Anyway, best of luck to you boys!

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only issue I have is dark circles because of minoxidil. But I'm looking at concealers if they look as natural as possible. I'd hate to look like I'm wearing make up. It's hard to find tutorial on this because most of them are by women for women.
Check out easy eye solutions. The guy has a really good product. He can help you and will respond if you email him
Good luck

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does this work with having sebhorriec dermatitis / flaky scalp to begin with?

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does this work with having sebhorriec dermatitis / flaky scalp to begin with?

From what i have seen, dermarolling actually increases your flaking for the first few weeks.
Which is good, you're expelling all that sh*t from your scalp.

Now i'll have to see for myself, but some other users report decreased flaking/sebum afterwards.

Anyhow yesterday i had the chance to take a good look at my hair. I usually wear a hat outside since it's so cold and i have shaved hair.

Well, i'll be damned. This treatment makes your hair look AMAZING.
My hair looks super healthy and alive.
Of course no regrowth nor thickening have occured yet, but my hair looks really great and it feels like the thinning areas are less noticeable thanks to this.

So far it's looking good.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got my first unsolicited comment on my hair. One of the girls I'm kind of seeing (who has no idea I'm doing any of this) mentioned that I'm "not bald on top anymore!". While I don't necessarily agree, it at least confirms something is happening

Trying to stay grounded, and remember this might all end tommorow, but it's pretty surreal to me. I've been noticably balding since I was 16, and was NW3v by 19. Subsequently been slowly losing ground for the last 15+ years (after buying into the fina/dutasteride fear-mongering nonsense). To see things going the other way is just crazy.

Fingers crossed that this will continue since I'm only 8 weeks in. Wish I had documented my starting point, but I'm so pessimistic and jaded from endless failed treatments that I didn't really expect this to work, haha.

Thanks to everyone trying to keep this thread positive and productive! I bought this Derminator like 30 months ago, but gave up after a few weeks because the last thread was so filled with negativity and vitriol. Regret it, but no point living in the past.

Anyway, best of luck to you boys!

Yea i ignored this thread as snake oil at first but its becoming evident theres something here wish id started sooner so id no for sure if i was a responder i swear my hair stands to attention more and shedding less tho that could be wishful cope all iching has stopped tho

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there. See this post:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/
It could increase the flaking, but that's a sign of the skin healing after the session, so not a bad thing. Still, read that post.
Also, I gotta say that my hair looks a lot less oily, as people have already reported. It usually looks very oily and have to wash it every day.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
I am very enthusiastic to begin with. I only doubt which dermapen I have to buy. I doubt between the Dr.Pen Ultima A6 and the Derminator. Which should I buy according to you ??

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
am very enthausiastic to begin with. I only doubt which dermapen I have to buy. I doubt between the Dr.Pen Ultima A6 and the Derminator. Which should I buy according to you ??
Hey, man!
If you can afford it, go for the Derminator 2.
Cheers.