Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your routine and for how long?
How is it working for you?

I do 1mm 500-something needle derma roller two times a week for around 25 minute sessions (I listen to podcasts while dermarolling so there's something to take my mind off the slight discomfort). I sanitize the roller thoroughly, first leaving it for an hour in soapy water, and then leaving it for another hour in isopropyl alcohol. I also always try to wipe my head with some alcohol before rolling as well (soon I will use betadine). This has gotten more difficult as of late since I have thicker hair now lol. I think keeping my hair at like a crewcut level will be a necessity though for this ongoing wounding experiment because I can't even imagine trying to do this with long hair, the hassle must be unreal. With my hair short it
's easy and breezy as f***.

After I'm done with the roller, I rinse it under warm water and leave it fully submerged in hydrogen peroxide for around an hour, or sometimes I forget and it stays there for a while. Then I rinse it again and put it back in its plastic container.

Anyway I apply minoxidil 5% once daily (at night), and on the day that I dermaroller a bit harder I skip it entirely. I settled on once daily due to cardiac concerns and plus there's the fact that no one wants to f*****g apply this sh*t to their scalp two times a day LOL. I've been getting good results (posted a pic a few pages back) so I'm going to stick with once daily for the long term. I use the solution and about 1mL is more than enough to cover my scalp (I massage it in for like twenty minutes while doing other stuff). So, essentially, I use minoxidil daily and dermaroller twice weekly, with one session being a light roll where I still apply minoxidil and the second session being a bit more rough and foregoing the solution immediately after until the next day.

Also, I should mention that I use a special formulation of minoxidil by advancedtrichilogy (I believe that's the company, not at home right now so can't check).. so it has minoxidil, azelaic acid, neem oil, and some other goodies that I'm sure don't do much of anything but it still feels good applying it.

Also, I have ordered a derminator but apparently it won't be arriving anytime soon due to winter usps delays from eastern europe to the united states.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do 1mm 500-something needle derma roller two times a week for around 25 minute sessions (I listen to podcasts while dermarolling so there's something to take my mind off the slight discomfort). I sanitize the roller thoroughly, first leaving it for an hour in soapy water, and then leaving it for another hour in isopropyl alcohol. I also always try to wipe my head with some alcohol before rolling as well (soon I will use betadine). This has gotten more difficult as of late since I have thicker hair now lol. I think keeping my hair at like a crewcut level will be a necessity though for this ongoing wounding experiment because I can't even imagine trying to do this with long hair, the hassle must be unreal. With my hair short it
's easy and breezy as f***.

After I'm done with the roller, I rinse it under warm water and leave it fully submerged in hydrogen peroxide for around an hour, or sometimes I forget and it stays there for a while. Then I rinse it again and put it back in its plastic container.

Anyway I apply minoxidil 5% once daily (at night), and on the day that I dermaroller a bit harder I skip it entirely. I settled on once daily due to cardiac concerns and plus there's the fact that no one wants to f*****g apply this sh*t to their scalp two times a day LOL. I've been getting good results (posted a pic a few pages back) so I'm going to stick with once daily for the long term. I use the solution and about 1mL is more than enough to cover my scalp (I massage it in for like twenty minutes while doing other stuff). So, essentially, I use minoxidil daily and dermaroller twice weekly, with one session being a light roll where I still apply minoxidil and the second session being a bit more rough and foregoing the solution immediately after until the next day.

Also, I should mention that I use a special formulation of minoxidil by advancedtrichilogy (I believe that's the company, not at home right now so can't check).. so it has minoxidil, azelaic acid, neem oil, and some other goodies that I'm sure don't do much of anything but it still feels good applying it.

Also, I have ordered a derminator but apparently it won't be arriving anytime soon due to winter usps delays from eastern europe to the united states.
That's quite an effort. Glad it's working for you. Interesting that you go only 1mm and still get results. It's safer

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this thread and looking forward to starting this dermaroll journey!
it's very encouraging to see other users post there results.
I'm on minoxidil and finasteride - but not seeing any regrowth atm so looking to add dermarolling.
I did try dermarolling a year ago but gave up after one run because of the pain, and the needles were only 1mm.

My question is; What is the quickest and least painful method to achieve the required level of wounding?

dermapen or deminator as iv'e heard others mention.

I am in the UK, so if anyone can DM me there go to dermapen or derminator, would be really helpful!

-

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this thread and looking forward to starting this dermaroll journey!
it's very encouraging to see other users post there results.
I'm on minoxidil and finasteride - but not seeing any regrowth atm so looking to add dermarolling.
I did try dermarolling a year ago but gave up after one run because of the pain, and the needles were only 1mm.

My question is; What is the quickest and least painful method to achieve the required level of wounding?

dermapen or deminator as iv'e heard others mention.

I am in the UK, so if anyone can DM me there go to dermapen or derminator, would be really helpful!

-

Im in the Uk to mate....I use this one, as its the one the OP chap was using:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XC5VG7R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At 2mm its not painless, but more than bearable....apparently much better than a roller.

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 2mm its not painless, but more than bearable....apparently much better than a roller.[/QUOTE]

cheers mate.

How long have u been doing your current routine and more importantly have u seen results?

also what's your regimen?

thanks bud.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been doing it 8 weeks....9 sessions...once a week at 2mm...minoxidil twice a day, everyday except 24 hours after I do Microneedling and Nizorl Shampoo 3 times a week.

And its been a huge benefit to me....my hair is getting thicker week by week.....new vellus and black hairs are popping up everhwere and no more shedding.

Ill do a 3 month before and after photo when the time comes.

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been doing it 8 weeks....9 sessions...once a week at 2mm...minoxidil twice a day, everyday except 24 hours after I do Microneedling and Nizorl Shampoo 3 times a week.

And its been a huge benefit to me....my hair is getting thicker week by week.....new vellus and black hairs are popping up everhwere and no more shedding.

Sounds similar to my routine with the exception of the microneedling.
Really happy it's working for you mate.

I'll be ordering mine today and hopefully get started asap.
What are the extra cartridge costs? Are these cheap?
When did u first start noticing results or some sort of hair growth?
Sometimes it can be discouraging if nothing has been seen after a few weeks or a month, and often i guess why some give up.

Last edited:

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a "shedding cycle" where the vellus hair grows, falls out and then is replaced with a stronger hair. I have heard of this happening with finasteride and minoxodil, but in my experience the vellus hair continues to grow longer and stronger without shedding, thickening at the base progressively.

My experience is just random hairs getting longer but staying thin and some shedding to become terminal.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you have diffuse thinning?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have that question as well. About sanitizing your head before dermarolling

@MinervaCGI

Is swabbing the head with alcohol or betadine bad for hairs?

I do that and haven't experienced any issues

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know when these new vellus hairs will start turning terminal? I got lots of them sprouting all over the place, some of them pretty long, like >1cm, but they are invisible under normal lighting conditions, I can only see them under strong flash light. Do they need to fall off first to be replaced by normal hair, or will they just thicken over time? Or maybe they will continue to stay that way?

The logical answer is that their miniaturization is reversing, but the world isn't logical, it's haphazard. Otherwise, we would have cured this annoying problem.

This is why there is no clear cut answer to this question but just anecdotes. In my experience some of these so called vellus hair kept growing longer up until a point, some of them shed to be replaced by terminal hair but it was random and then I quit on both minoxidil and dermarolling and had a massive shed. So, the only correct answer is to wait and commit to this long term to know for sure and if it works for you, you can guide others who quit too early.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The logical answer is that their miniaturization is reversing, but the world isn't logical, it's haphazard. Otherwise, we would have cured this annoying problem.

This is why there is no clear cut answer to this question but just anecdotes. In my experience some of these so called vellus hair kept growing longer up until a point, some of them shed to be replaced by terminal hair but it was random and then I quit on both minoxidil and dermarolling and had a massive shed. So, the only correct answer is to wait and commit to this long term to know for sure and if it works for you, you can guide others who quit too early.

why did you quit??? lol

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have that question as well. About sanitizing your head before dermarolling

@MinervaCGI

Is swabbing the head with alcohol or betadine bad for hairs?

I do that and haven't experienced any issues

From the Chinese study,

Patients were asked to wash their hair on the nights before the treatments and have
their hair cut every 4 weeks. Local sites were swabbed with alcohol wipes 2-3 times
before treatment and anesthetic ointment was placed on the head 1 h prior to the
injections. The depth of electrodynamic microneedle treatments was between 1.5 to 2.5 mm.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why did you quit??? lol

I'm impatient and I personally hate minoxidil. I hate the idea of applying something two times a day for the rest of my life. But I tried once a day and I still got results albeit a bit slowly.

The other issue was the pain. I was using a combination of Somebody's method and wounding the last time I quit and results were even faster but I think it was because of real wounding.

I've tried minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral for more than 2 years, maybe 3 religiously without any improvement. Infact, I lost hair during the finasteride shed and it became worse but then it improved only a little bit and I've been losing very slowly since. finasteride has absolutely slowed the hair loss so much so that I've been maintaining that for 6 years now but it's not enough and it's the same old patter than exists. A round thin area on my crown that you can see in daylight(not even direct sunlight but just normal daylight) and a weak, thin hairline that requires bodyfy hair thickening spray to allow me to style it.

But when the dermarolling fad started I tried that and immediately there was a response. Hairline filled with thin hair that were growing slowly. They appeared within a couple of weeks and what I didn't notice at that time was how much it was helping my diffuse areas where there is hair and that makes it hard to gauge progress. I didn't realize that the density had improved a lot after just 2-3 months so I quit thinking that all the big three does is grow vellus hair which I read online. Afterwards, because of the pain, I slowly started missing dermarolling sessions, then started missing out on minoxidil applications and then decided to just stay on finasteride and accept it.

This above pattern has now happened three times now. This is the fourth time I'm trying.

This time I believe it's going to be different because I'm not trying Somebody's method anymore. I'm just following Chinese study and it's not that hard. I haven't felt the same feelings I felt when I started the last three times. It's more peaceful because I'm only applying minoxidil once a day and dermarolling every two weeks. I have bought a 1.5 year supply of minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral. I bought a pen(arriving 3rd January) instead of a roller which I f*****g hate and the most important thing is I don't even remember the pain on my hairline and I dermarolled that b**ch just a few days ago. The last three times every night was a constant reminder of the annoying sharp pain I will feel after dermarolling my hairline which made my regimen a hell to follow.

Committing to wounding every two weeks is not filling me with dread like it did the last three times. The key thing is I don't remember the pain I felt on my hairline area when I dermarolled the last time. It's healed and I know I just have to do it 10 days from now.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Derminator session #4 done!

This time I increased the length to 1.75 and this time and it hurt quite a lot more.

I think on week 8 I may try 2mm.

Attachments

• 280A7F71-B61F-440E-BE0A-6C39BC523F3A.jpeg
    280A7F71-B61F-440E-BE0A-6C39BC523F3A.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 635