Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"micro hair" yes. Black, no. Vellus hair are not pigmented. If you see a very small hair with black color (pigmented), it probably means it's a bit beyond the "Vellus" stage.

Are these vellus hairs?

Attachments

• 3CEDE30E-65D1-4547-8DC2-B73E42BE6C98.png
    3CEDE30E-65D1-4547-8DC2-B73E42BE6C98.png
    870.7 KB · Views: 444

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today was my 2nd derminator session with new cartridge (once every 2 weeks since I can’t take it weekly at least yet, takes some long time to look normal). And holy crap, I had to check if the depth was set correctly twice because it was a bloody mess, much more than the first time. Front was painful like previous time but I think it was maybe 5% better? Pain won’t go away anyway but seeing the scalp behaving differently is interesting. Remember me a lot to 2young2retire (albeit his wounding was definitely extreme). So here I’m now in the couch feeling the pulse on my scalp...

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys, see for yourselves. Those are the microvellus I was talking about one or two days ago. They are under my current frontal hairline. I can feel them with my fingers. They were not here before. I don't see them easily on the mirror. I have to go very close to the mirror and turn on a very bright bulb to actually see them. See for yourselves and tell me if those are vellus. You can zoom in, I tried to keep a decent resolution.

dLP6YCkOkjsV.jpg
It looks like therminal hair that pushed vellus hair out. I will upload vellus hair to this thread since i have a lot.
My velus hair are like 5 mm long but lack pigmentation and are very thin.

INT

Reaction score
It looks like therminal hair that pushed vellus hair out. I will upload vellus hair to this thread since i have a lot.
My velus hair are like 5 mm long but lack pigmentation and are very thin.

Holy f***, your hairline on the right looks like it stormed the shores of Normandy...

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are some users in this thread still deeply skeptical? I mean, I understand it's good to temper your optimism, but we've seen way too many crazy results to still have doubt over whether it's viable or not. I see new hairs on my head on the daily LOL. Use minoxidil and dermaroll 1.5mm for a good extended session once weekly and you're gonna make it. Even NW8 lightbulb-heads have had neogenesis lol

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To counterbalance the enthusiasm and possible delusion: here for you a pessimistic thread from 2014

They allege that the supervisor of the [indian?] study was running a dermarolling clinic at the time.

They mention some failures.
But, for unexplained reasons, the thread was closed for comments after only reaching two pages

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/is-the-dermarolling-bandwagon-over.77447/

Come on, man. You can't complain and then not follow the regimen. I have my reservations about peppermint oil. Yeah, it ONE study it outdid 2% minoxidil but who uses 2% minoxidil ???

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because if we get a number of people with aggressive balding try this (and nothing else) and their shedding goes down drastically, then we can also say that it works as a maintenance treatment if anything. That in itself is probably the most important thing.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are some users in this thread still deeply skeptical? I mean, I understand it's good to temper your optimism, but we've seen way too many crazy results to still have doubt over whether it's viable or not. I see new hairs on my head on the daily LOL. Use minoxidil and dermaroll 1.5mm for a good extended session once weekly and you're gonna make it. Even NW8 lightbulb-heads have had neogenesis lol

We have no hard data, nothing is controlled. We have objective, confirmed proof of nothing. Theoretically we have some potentially good reasons to think microneedling could have benefits. Empirically we just don't have enough data to form conclusions yet.

Your claims to have follicular neogenesis on the daily are, i think, quite frankly, deluded. We, nor you, have no proof this is happening.

There's people in this thread so high on hype they're derailing a sober, objective evaluation of what we can hope to achieve (if anything) with this.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have no hard data, nothing is controlled. We have objective, confirmed proof of nothing. Theoretically we have some potentially good reasons to think microneedling could have benefits. Empirically we just don't have enough data to form conclusions yet.

Your claims to have follicular neogenesis on the daily are, i think, quite frankly, deluded. We, nor you, have no proof this is happening.

There's people in this thread so high on hype they're derailing a sober, objective evaluation of what we can hope to achieve (if anything) with this.

There are several cases showing how this works. That's the proof, because why would all these people lie?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question! Do we know if this promotes new hair growth or actually helps out old hairfollicles in some way?

Don't know as of yet. But, I'm microneedling the crown where I have very few hairs left and those hat remain grow extremely slowly and never seem to reach beyond 1cm in length. There are a few scattered vellus hairs around also. And this is the only area I'm microing, so if it will stimulate neogenesis, I'll find out in a year. I'm not giving up until I reach that point.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I have hairs on spots that have been bare for years now lol

Also, we have hard date and objective confirmed proof on finasteride/dutasteride yet for a lot of people (myself included):D those drugs do absolute jackshit.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
To counterbalance the enthusiasm and possible delusion: here for you a pessimistic thread from 2014

They allege that the supervisor of the [indian?] study was running a dermarolling clinic at the time.

They mention some failures.
But, for unexplained reasons, the thread was closed for comments after only reaching two pages

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/is-the-dermarolling-bandwagon-over.77447/
One thing they didn’t have back then was the derminator or the pen? Definitely not the same knowledge.

They had shitty stamps back then too.

Gotta compare apples with apples.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have hairs on spots that have been bare for years now lol

Also, we have hard date and objective confirmed proof on finasteride/dutasteride yet for a lot of people (myself included):D those drugs do absolute jackshit.

We have proof that bboy is a crybaby

Hey bboy either get derminating and see for yourself or fak off. If you buy a derminator or pen and follow the study AND it works you can forever hold your peace. If you’re not willing to try you can bite mine !

There are too many established members here reporting results for there not to be some truth in this.

It doesn’t matter to the hair on my head if it’s “a controlled” test or not. What matters here (and again - the hairs growing on my head) is the photos and any cosmetic improvements people report.

It really doesn’t matter if people are claiming follicle neogenesis and it’s actually something else happening.

Again the words we fumble with don’t matter. The hairs growing on his head and not your head matter.

I choose hair. You choose nit picking.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my second rolling session and I will order a new dermapen, since the one i have is crap.
Is there any reason someone would not recommend to buy the derminator?