Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did the dermarolling thing for 3 and a half months back in May. I've been on minoxidil and finasteride for nearly 3 years now, and those treatments have worked well for me.

Except dermarolling.

It gave me a lot of vellus hair that just never continued to grow.

You're all getting hype hardons in this thread, but how many of you are actually going to see these amazing results? Maybe 1 in 10 at best. I don't doubt the science of wounding in the least, but mark my words: Most people in this thread will never share pictures because they will never have any cosmetically-significant improvement.

I'll have your sh*t votes to go, thanks.
We're getting hype hardons cause finasteride hasn't killed our ability to get one. :eek:

Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did the dermarolling thing for 3 and a half months back in May. I've been on minoxidil and finasteride for nearly 3 years now, and those treatments have worked well for me.

Except dermarolling.

You're all getting hype hardons in this thread, but how many of you are actually going to see these amazing results? Maybe 1 in 10 at best. I don't doubt the science of wounding in the least, but mark my words: Most people in this thread will never share pictures because they will never have any cosmetically-significant improvement.

I mean I see it in the same way I view finasteride or Min. A lot of people are non-responders. So it makes sense that there will be those who get no real benefit from wounding, while others reap insane rewards. Just like how some guys can take even dutasteride eery day for years and still lose ground quickly, while another can take .25mg eod finasteride and regrow half his head in less than 6 months.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Except dermarolling.

What exactly is the purpose of this comment? ‘Don’t bother because I briefly tried it and it didn’t work for me’? Maybe the comment is intended to temper expectations, but then why the condescension? Look, it’s a viable treatment, all viable treatments have varying degrees of effectivity dependent on the individual in question and a number of other factors, I’m fairly confident everyone is aware of that. It didn’t work for you, that’s fine, that’s the way it is sometimes, there’s no need to be bitter about it.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Except dermarolling.

Okay so you got vellus hairs after dermarolling for 3months and then you left it cause you thought it was boring and it is a time waste..right??Man I suggest everyone to atleast give 1year to treatments to show its effectiveness..Maybe a person shows results quicker because he is a good responder and another person shows late result because he is a below average average responder..
I agree with you that finasteride is the only thing which can do somerhing about hairloss but I am telling you that dht alone is not the culprit...Yes dht has more dominance as a culprit but blood flow is also a part of it...Like if the culprit of hairloss is 100-then dht takes up 60% and the rest 40% includes blood flow,calcification,fibrosis and all other bla bla bla...
Let people try what they feel like beacuse you dont know from when one will get results and atlast we are all in this forum like a vagabond searching for that goddamn 1 small piece of hair from that bald spot

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is his very own conclusion. After 3 months, the guy grown lots of vellus. He already responded to the treatment and had to continue but decided to stop. Then he comes here and decides to spead some negivity. Troll of the highest order !

Bro, I was looking for this french song I head like five years ago but I can't remember the name of the artist or the song title. It was like country-esque, and the music video started with the artist getting off a pick up truck and slapping the back.. and he walks on this dusty road through this crumbling, picturesque town lol

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Except dermarolling.

One more previous example supporting my hypothesis. One of those funny guys claiming needling don't do sh*t, yet when they reveal their story, we find out they did it for a few months and even got vellus hairs that were regarded as “no results". The perfect example of impatience+high expectancy of early results. The magic, lethal mix I've been talking about again and again.
I can bet he‘ll say that rolling was extremely painful, which also contributes to the abandonment of the needling regime.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more previous example supporting my hypothesis. One of those funny guys claiming needling don't do sh*t, yet when they reveal their story, we find out they did it for a few months and even got vellus hairs that were regarded as “no results". The perfect example of impatience+high expectancy of early results. The magic, lethal mix I've been talking about again and again.
I can bet he‘ll say that rolling was extremely painful, which also contributes to the abandonment of the needling regime.

Yeah, no here's the thing:

The entire idea here is that this creates new hair via wound neogenisis. That is literally the scientific basis.

Because of that, you should be able to do it even just once (which the dhurat study did as I recall) and if that new hair is any good, it will continue to grow without further rolling. Rolling isn't going to help the growth of existing hair.

Still on finasteride. Still on minoxidil. The new hair is still the same length.

It either worked or it didn't. I trust you'll all be back here in 1 year to post your fullheads?

Oh let me guess: "I don't feel comfortable sharing pics of myself on here" :rolleyes:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, no here's the thing:

The entire idea here is that this creates new hair via wound neogenisis. That is literally the scientific basis.

Because of that, you should be able to do it even just once (which the dhurat study did as I recall) and if that new hair is any good, it will continue to grow without further rolling. Rolling isn't going to help the growth of existing hair.

Still on finasteride. Still on minoxidil. The new hair is still the same length.

It either worked or it didn't. I trust you'll all be back here in 1 year to post your fullheads?

Oh let me guess: "I don't feel comfortable sharing pics of myself on here" :rolleyes:

127452.jpg

"It's always Game Over for bald people" — Dante, 2017

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy needles? I've been looking around.
I got them from Wish...app I downloaded on my phone...I also ordered from Amazon..both came but one was the wrong number of needles and I didn't realize what order screwed up. I placed an order with Wish again though because the brand looked identical and it's cheap.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so you got vellus hairs after dermarolling for 3months and then you left it cause you thought it was boring and it is a time waste..right??Man I suggest everyone to atleast give 1year to treatments to show its effectiveness..Maybe a person shows results quicker because he is a good responder and another person shows late result because he is a below average average responder..

It has been like 8 months since then.

This is the same story that you'll find in threads on dermarolling since 2013. You just have to keep going! Didn't work after three months? Well, you have to give it at least six! Didn't work after six? Well, I think 8 months is key. 8 months? You need at least a year. And then, these people eventually just disappear and never post any photos of progress.

You expect me to believe that after three solid months of doing this, following the Dhurat or Somebody method, that not one god-damned terminal hair emerged from that, but I'd probably have a dramatically different result if I just kept going?

Get a grip, people.

Sure, some people have got good results from DIY dermarolling and minoxidil, but they are the minority and not the rule.

Doesn't hurt to try it, but this idea that 3-6 months isn't enough for a method that is supposed to induce new hair growth, when any of the people who saw good results in even the Dhurat study saw as much around 12 weeks, is just cope.

Noobie

Reaction score
Whats the website that doesn't compress images to upload?

I'm going to buy a numbing cream... this is painful. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is the same story that you'll find in threads on dermarolling since 2013. You just have to keep going! Didn't work after three months? Well, you have to give it at least six! Didn't work after six? Well, I think 8 months is key. 8 months? You need at least a year. And then, these people eventually just disappear and never post any photos of progress.

You expect me to believe that after three solid months of doing this, following the Dhurat or Somebody method, that not one god-damned terminal hair emerged from that, but I'd probably have a dramatically different result if I just kept going?

Get a grip, people.

Sure, some people have got good results from DIY dermarolling and minoxidil, but they are the minority and not the rule.

Doesn't hurt to try it, but this idea that 3-6 months isn't enough for a method that is supposed to induce new hair growth, when any of the people who saw good results in even the Dhurat study saw as much around 12 weeks, is just cope.

In my understanding, patients in the indian study did not all see a miracle in three months. It is widely accepted that transplants, minoxidil and finasteride take 6 months to one year to display the full extent of possible regrowth.
Why is that acceptable for them, but not for needling? Like any other treatment, needling will yield varying levels of regrowth. It may or may not succeed, but people make their choice.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Get a grip, people.

Maybe you’re in the wrong forum?

If people are happy why do you have to be a douche bag.

You remind me of one of my exes who did nothing but complain. I dumped her. I saw her a few years later and she was fat AND miserable.

You sound like the male balding equivalent. I BET you have a bad diet are getting chunky. Sucks to be you eh....

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let’s keep the positive vibe my dudes. We’re encouraging each other and we want to all succeed. No need to be harsh to each other. It should be obvious by now (and this was said already) that there’s 0% guarantee this will work for everybody, and it’s fine. You just try for yourself for a decent period of time and decide. There are positive cases so why not try it out in a serious way?