Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my second rolling session and I will order a new dermapen, since the one i have is crap.
Is there any reason someone would not recommend to buy the derminator?

Owndoc (company that makes derminator) is experiencing three month shipping delays right now due to demand.

So even if you order one, it will take a while to arrive. In the meantime, you will need something else to dermaneedle.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my second rolling session and I will order a new dermapen, since the one i have is crap.
Is there any reason someone would not recommend to buy the derminator?

I have one and it’s awesome.

Unlike the dermastamp you know it’s going to be stamping you equally everywhere - other people have touched on this. It’s just hard to manually ensure depth and spread.

I would recommend buying a cheaper pen while the derminator is shipping.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spreading negativity was never my intention, but I apologise if that was how my posts were perceived.

In fact, I am needling my scalp weekly and I have the same hopes and fears as all of you.

I use a critical approach to most things: try to see a theory from as many angles as possible, challenge it as much as possible before accepting it.

Needling is no exception. But in addition, I am affected by what I would term as wishful believer scepticism bias. That is, I would like so much to believe in needling, that I am aware this desire could cloud my judgement. As a reaction, I tend to be slightly biased against the theory I would like to be proven true.

I believe this mechanism partly explains why some drop out early, and why many scorn the idea.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on, man. You can't complain and then not follow the regimen. I have my reservations about peppermint oil. Yeah, it ONE study it outdid 2% minoxidil but who uses 2% minoxidil ???

I know perfectly well that rosemary (that's what I'm using, not peppermint) has limited efficacy, and that one single study is not really conclusive. However, it is a strong indication. Also, it's cheap, has no side effects and it has a "pleasant fragrance" (cit. Brotzu)

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spreading negativity was never my intention, but I apologise if that was how my posts were perceived.

In fact, I am needling my scalp weekly and I have the same hopes and fears as all of you.
Nah, man. I personally didn't see it as you trying to spread negativity. I get where you're coming from.
I wanna keep it real, too. And because I have a number of expectations with this, I try to play those down with a counterbalance of pessimism so I don't forget that failure is a very real possibility, while I kinda prepare myself for it.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was nothing at the very same place one week ago. I have the exact same photo from 2 weeks ago, there's absolutely nothing to see (no depigmented vellus, nothing). Those dark vellus are growing pretty much everywhere around my hairline. I can feel them under my fingers but I have a hard time to see them in the mirror. Only photos show them clearly. It's a band of 1/1.5cm under my current hairline. This band goes from the left temple to the right temple. This is exactly where my hairline was when I was 18 (I know exactly where my hairline was because I have a little scar from my teenage years which was under my old hairline).

It's only an early report. Nobody can draw any conclusion from this. I'm not hyped either. But I find this interesting. I saw vellus from other people on this forum and they were not pigmented. Mine are black like true hair, however extremely thin and small. That's why I wanted to ask the question and show a photo.

We will wait for.
I love your posts guy. You are not spreading negativity and I love your fine humour (even though, I don't quite get everything you say o_O). I didn't know that english speaking people also had fine poets. :confused: Ahhhh... I'm writing like you in my mothertongue :rolleyes: it just sounds better. :D

Sorry for the smileys :oops:, they cover my lack of english vocabulary. ;)

Ohh merci beaucoup. I love the French accent that transpires from your posts as well. I was born Italian but the only countries I feel affinity with are France and UK

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I use a critical approach to most things: try to see a theory from as many angles as possible, challenge it as much as possible before accepting it.

Needling is no exception. But in addition, I am affected by what I would term as wishful believer scepticism bias. That is, I would like so much to believe in needling, that I am aware this desire could cloud my judgement. As a reaction, I tend to be slightly biased against the theory I would like to be proven true.

I believe this mechanism partly explains why some drop out early, and why many scorn the idea.
To me, it's pretty clear you weren't trying to spread negativity. A reasonable amount of scepticism and criticism is always necessary for any young hypothesis. This is common in the scientific community, and is considered normal. This treatment is still in it's youth,we have a few studies with good evidence but we still need more and questioning it is by no means being a negative dipshit. There are still many things that we haven't figured out with microneedling, and that's why we have no other choice but to try it ourselves.
Optimism is good as well, the hype is somewhat well justified, but lets not allow our hype to transform our optimism into insane wishful thinking. Let's keep on going with this trial with our feet firmly on the ground.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to get a Derma Pen But their is so many models . They have M5, M6, M7, A1, A6 Witch model is the best for hair growth ?

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I must add that I like the balance of hope and feet-on-the-ground attitude that prevails on this thread. I haven't seen neither hype nor despair. Both are very common on hairloss forum - after all, this is an emotional issue for most

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I must add that I like the balance of hope and feet-on-the-ground attitude that prevails on this thread. I haven't seen neither hype nor despair. Both are very common on hairloss forum - after all, this is an emotional issue for most
138326.jpg

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So he's that WhitePolarBear guy or whatever. No wonder that's how the whole forum rolls, then.

can somone give me the basic gestalt on the white polar bear guy lol

I saw some of his posts from reading threads from last year and further back

why was he banned

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice.

Nice, not far from Monaco and Italy. Beautiful city where everyone complains (French trait). In fact, there are very few places in the world where life is better. I've visited many countries and I can't find a much better place than where I currently live. The French riviera is a little California filed with French moaners. Just forget the moaning dudes and take a look at the girls instead (however, it's better to go there with a full head of hair; that's why we are here ;)).

Carcassone is stunning, but small. If I were a foreigner, I would start my trip from Toulouse and then -by car- visit Carcassonne, Perpignan, Béziers, Narbonne, Nimes, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Marseille, Toulon, Nice and then go to Italy and finish my trip on the Italian riviera where you will be scammed by someone like @Francesco17 selling Vuitton bags for 10 bucks. :eek:

have you posted pics of your hair situation?

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what's the deal with that other hair loss forum.They have this thread up right now where they're shitting on all of us, calling us retards for believing in dermarolling. The general atittude there seems very bitter.
You'd think they'd look at the studies that show needling + minoxidil makes using minoxidil so much better. Hell even needling alone is shown to be better than minoxidil alone...

If the studies + users show it works what is there for them to sh*t on, really? It's probably a bunch of people who munch on dutasteride and think f*****g your 5a is the only way to get hair back.

Nah. I don't want people speaking out of their arse about my situation, telling me to take this and that, forgetting to speak about the side effects (some people come back here at the age of 19 and say things like: "I am growing boobs. I'm taking Finasteride thanks to your advices. Is this normal ?"). I perfectly know my situation and I don't need advices from believers and worshippers (those guys who believe that we should all take the same drugs as them because it works -sometimes only in their mind- for them without any side effect). I already know what is on the market and what side effects I should expect from taking a drug.

I will only post positive results. If microneedling does work and shows noticeable improvements, I will post baseline pics and +X weeks pics and videos. I'm trying to document every step of my treatment. I don't want my photos to be used ad nauseam on other threads and websites to say "look, here is one example of someone who failed miserably after dermarolling like an idiot". If nothing changes on my head after a full year, I won't be posting any photo and just say: "hey, this sh*t doesn't work and here is what I did".

Good mindset. Really wish I looked at threads like this before I bought finasteride those months ago. The r/tressless is the biggest brigade of finasteride ever. Typical r/tressless comment "Started tasking it at 19, only regret is not taking it sooner!". That really is so, so fucked up. To tell people to get on it instead of actually informing them about the side effects. Finasteride fucks you UP if your body doesn't like it. I had it first hand after 1 pill. The amount of people I see reporting side effects that go away is stupidly high. There's no way that's 2%. I honestly think it might be more accurate to say 2% wont experience any side effects.

The worst part is potentially being stuck with long term side effects. Imagine stopping it and then 3 months later they are still there. Truly scary. I don't believe at all in "riding out" the side effects that you get at the start. Why not stop the moment you get the side effects and see if they go away first? That's what I did and they got worse and stuck around for 3 months! God knows what would have happened if I "rode it out"! Not that it was ever an option... I was in too much pain to take another.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, never been to that forum... But I can tell you this much; they're not the ones seeing new hairs slowly popping up. However, we got that on this thread... so you gotta wonder who's the retard here.

I did the dermarolling thing for 3 and a half months back in May. I've been on minoxidil and finasteride for nearly 3 years now, and those treatments have worked well for me.

Except dermarolling.

It gave me a lot of vellus hair that just never continued to grow.

You're all getting hype hardons in this thread, but how many of you are actually going to see these amazing results? Maybe 1 in 10 at best. I don't doubt the science of wounding in the least, but mark my words: Most people in this thread will never share pictures because they will never have any cosmetically-significant improvement.

I'll have your sh*t votes to go, thanks.